Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning docs showed 8x V3 so any suggestion of trench-work or existing tarmac bays being interfered with might be the first clues that work has begun.
Just been for a nose. Lots of Teslas in depot and in showroom which is still not quite open. Lots of destination chargers bit no sign of superchargers or groundworks
20210403_122810.jpg

Here’s Canary Wharf now: mix of V3 and V2. Not sure if V2 is now 150 kW instead of 130 kW as it was previously.
I was at Canary Wharf’s chargers earlier today and was only getting 30kW… a bit disappointed.

There was only one other Tesla and he/she was on the other end of the opposite bay, so unsure why I wasn’t getting 150kW on my M3.

Looks like Tesla's website was in the process of being updated earlier (either that or my PC was caching old page information?). Now when I visit their map the new sites are in the correct location. Information for Canary Wharf has also been updated. In summary:

Berwick - now at correct location, incorrectly states 8 x 250 kW (should be 6)
Leicester - now at correct location, 8 x 250 kW, note this appears to replace the old Leicester LFE marker
London - Canary Wharf - updated to show 8 x 250 kW + 4 x 150 kW. This seems to confirm the V2 superchargers have been upgraded to full power although the website info can differ from the in-car Nav (the latter being more reliable).
Nottingham - now titled "Nottingham-Loughborough Road", 4 x 250 kW + Service Centre and Showroom. Location updated (although pin is on the wrong side of Loughborough Road)
(Mansfield & Uxbridge details were already correct)
I've just tried to use Leicester, ~8:30pm -- couldn't get in, there were gates blocking the entrance to the car park where the charging points are located. Surely these chargers will not be limited to store-open hours...

I've just tried to use Leicester, ~8:30pm -- couldn't get in, there were gates blocking the entrance to the car park where the charging points are located. Surely these chargers will not be limited to store-open hours...
Many similar reports over the last few days. Don’t think it’s related to the time you went… Guess Tesla need to liaise with the site owners/security to allow access.

Any chatter regarding a site on the A303 between Sparkford and Wincanton?

I popped to an independent supermarket named Teals on the A303 and got speaking to a chap who I believe is the owner of the site. He approached and said come the end of the year they will have a number of V3 Superchargers installed. I cannot see it on the coming soon map....

Location pic for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-083546_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-083546_Maps.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 75

I popped to an independent supermarket named Teals on the A303 and got speaking to a chap who I believe is the owner of the site. He approached and said come the end of the year they will have a number of V3 Superchargers installed. I cannot see it on the coming soon map....

Interesting! He was specific about V3 Superchargers? That certainly seems very promising.... I’ll have a dig around!

33kV HV power supply is close so that’s promising.
Location seems good in relation to the other existing sites.
1617789624929.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe it should be a Gridserve site as the grid in that area would benefit.
I'm based in Yeovil and have been driving a Leaf for almost eight years and often head along the A303 towards London... So, yes, I think 'black hole' just about covers it around here (when the Polar charger opened up at the Holiday Inn at Amesbury, there were absolute scenes in this household, let me tell you).

I drove past them this morning and yesterday and the Tesla Logos are off, so i assume no power to the units at the moment.

I used them on the Friday 2nd and it was around 6-7pm, so i wonder if Fosse Park Security got fed up and pulled the plug the next day!

Oooorrrrrr I wonder if Tesla have thrown their dummy out of the pram and turned them off and demanding their needs to be 24hr access as all other similar car parks with gates (press button to speak to security - like East Midland designer outlet)

• Informative
Reactions: Yachtsman
I drove past them this morning and yesterday and the Tesla Logos are off, so i assume no power to the units at the moment.

I used them on the Friday 2nd and it was around 6-7pm, so i wonder if Fosse Park Security got fed up and pulled the plug the next day!

Oooorrrrrr I wonder if Tesla have thrown their dummy out of the pram and turned them off and demanding their needs to be 24hr access as all other similar car parks with gates (press button to speak to security - like East Midland designer outlet)
They are also marked “temp closed” on Tesla in-car Nav. However people have reported success in charging today.
I really hope they sort this out as it is strategically well placed so will affect a lot of commuters should access not be available

Reactions: davidmc