Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet. Clackett Lane could be thought of as ‘Sevenoaks’ at a stretch, and considering it was listed on the Tesla website at the same time as Rownhams then that could make sense. Rownhams was the first Roadchef Supercharger site to be uncovered, and therefore the Clackett Lane Roadchef is a distinct possibility.
if it isn’t there then it may be just south of the M25 where there is both decent HV supply and a number of pieces of land that are viable.
With the amount of investment in HPCs at service areas this year, my money is on Clackett Lance. 🤞🏼
Clacketts Lane would work for me 🤞as well

East Midlands designer outlet SuCs

Not sure if it has been mentioned but you can get a free coffee if you are supercharging. Go to the service desk and ask for a free coffee voucher and present your key card or show the app on phone. Then go to 200 degrees not far away to the right when you come out of the service area.

Also the signs at the superchargers are printed in reverse! So you can read them through the camera!

PXL_20210525_114831069.jpg

East Midlands designer outlet SuCs

Not sure if it has been mentioned but you can get a free coffee if you are supercharging. Go to the service desk and ask for a free coffee voucher and present your key card or show the app on phone. Then go to 200 degrees not far away to the right when you come out of the service area.

Also the signs at the superchargers are printed in reverse! So you can read them through the camera!

View attachment 665936

Great spot - the Designer Outlet is only about 5 minutes drive from home for me, so I use it quite often (have free SC for all of 2021). Had never bothered to read that sign!!

Reactions: Neilio and davidmc
Hi all 👋,
Newbie on here but been lurking for a while.

I regularly drive past the Reading Westbound (Burghfield) services (almost daily) and can keep an eye open for action if needed.

FYI I drove thru this morning and nothing going on there yet :(. i.e. The area shown on the planning permission is still an overflow carpark with grass in it.

I also drove past what is due to be the new service centre last weekend. That has had no movement either that I could see.

I could have done with those today...

I'm a bit out of practice with superchargers - when faced with the choice today of two spaces, I somehow ended up in both :oops: got it right second try. Probably much to the amusement of a couple of people charging. I also picked the wrong stall. Had I picked the other one, the other driver would have been off a minute or so later. But I did move over, and bumped the start charge rate from 49kW to 111kW.

Last edited:
NEW SITE IN AN ADVANCED STATE:
12xV3 Superchargers almost complete at Trumpington Park and Ride, Cambridge. Opening looks like it could be in the next week or two if we are lucky as tombstones are all in place. No signage up yet and I’m waiting for confirmation of whether the lines are painted and the wheel-stops are in.
Approximate postcode is CB2 9FT.

Last edited:
12xV3 Superchargers almost complete at Trumpington Park and Ride, Cambridge. Opening looks like it could be in the next week or two if we are lucky as tombstones are all in place. No signage up yet and I’m waiting for confirmation of whether the lines are painted and the wheel-stops are in.
Great news. Any photos that can be shared?

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Forensics on a photo shared on FB indicates the stalls are in the location marked. Judging by Google Street View this area has been converted from a grass verge to parking spaces (and now to charging spaces). Just in case anyone wants to have a look for themselves!

2021-05-27 Trumpington Location.png

Added to Supercharge.info but I take this is different to the planned Cambridge (Great Chesterford) site for 2022.
It will be interesting to see what happens. In January Tesla moved their Great Chesterford marker location to central Cambridge and renamed it "Cambridge", so it could end up being the park and ride site. However in the case of Leicester when the Supercharger at Fosse Park opened the "Leicester" coming soon marker near LFE services initially disappeared but then returned to the same spot as "Leicester West".

Reactions: CMc1