Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried out the Amesbury supercharger site.
No issues, but two comments:
The access roads are run by the owner of the estate and in places theree are dangerously sunken drains and manhole covers, drive with care.
£0.26p/kwh

Also, as well as the Holiday Inn, where there are discounts for Tesla owners, there are toilets in the Coop store, along with Costa coffee from a machine!

Went for a quick top up at Nottingham today. There are six chargers at the front, but couldn't for the life of me see the other two. Are they around the back in the workshops area? If so, they'll be unavailable outside of office hours because it's protected by a retractable fence/gate.

Reactions: Roy W.
Went for a quick top up at Nottingham today. There are six chargers at the front, but couldn't for the life of me see the other two. Are they around the back in the workshops area? If so, they'll be unavailable outside of office hours because it's protected by a retractable fence/gate.
I've only seen pictures of the groundworks before they were complete, but if I recall correctly the other two are out front but separate from the other six on the opposite (right) side of the entrance. Depending where the gate is, they could be obscured/inaccessible out of hours.

I've only seen pictures of the groundworks before they were complete, but if I recall correctly the other two are out front but separate from the other six on the opposite (right) side of the entrance. Depending where the gate is, they could be obscured/inaccessible out of hours.
There's a bank of four - which are the originals. These are on the left as you pull into the entrance. There are two new ones just to the right of the entrance. The other two...dunno.

New Superchargers in Cornwall almost complete.
Aaron Dickens on TOUK has just spotted 8x V3 built but not on yet at Cornwall College.
I’m working on a postcode of TR15 3RD until I get exact coordinates.
This is how it looks on the map. There’ll be some happy holidaymakers this summer assuming it is about to open!
7E899D0F-EF07-41BD-870C-A86BB4260902.jpeg

Hi Marco. Minor update needed when you have the chance: Supercharge.info shows 4 bays but it is definitely 8.
@PB1975 using the photo shared on Twitter by TOUK I've been able to pinpoint the new Supercharger location on the Cornwall College campus - it's in a different place to the one shown on Supercharge.info (a few 100 m away). I'm not sure if it's appropriate to share it before it's fully open but if you're in touch with anyone who can give "clearance" I'd be happy to do so. We'll find out as soon as it goes live in any case!

@PB1975 using the photo shared on Twitter by TOUK I've been able to pinpoint the new Supercharger location on the Cornwall College campus - it's in a different place to the one shown on Supercharge.info (a few 100 m away). I'm not sure if it's appropriate to share it before it's fully open but if you're in touch with anyone who can give "clearance" I'd be happy to do so. We'll find out as soon as it goes live in any case!
If it’s public knowledge (i.e. it’s visible to anyone or there’s planning permission in) then it’s no problem to be exact with the location. The only time we are instructed to keep things quiet is when things aren’t public such as when someone talks to a landowner who mentions they’re in negotiations…
We have someone heading there this morning to take a load more photos and also get an exact location with coordinates or w3w address.

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
If it’s public knowledge (i.e. it’s visible to anyone or there’s planning permission in) then it’s no problem to be exact with the location. The only time we are instructed to keep things quiet is when things aren’t public such as when someone talks to a landowner who mentions they’re in negotiations…
We have someone heading there this morning to take a load more photos and also get an exact location with coordinates or w3w address.
What we really need to know ( and I say this as someone heading to Cornwall in a couple of weeks along with half the rest of the country 😁 ) is when is it opening? Are there any sources of information that could tell us about the connection status since that is often the blocker?

Okay here's my stab - I found a w3w reference which is vaguely topical for EV drivers :)
GPS coords approx (50.227600, -5.280000)

2021-07-12 Redruth SuC Location.png

What we really need to know ( and I say this as someone heading to Cornwall in a couple of weeks along with half the rest of the country 😁 ) is when is it opening? Are there any sources of information that could tell us about the connection status since that is often the blocker?
Site currently appears complete and just needs the signs putting up, which may be done by the Tesla engineer when they switch the site on BUT as you rightly say, they are at the mercy of the DNO for actually being connected. And permitted to do so….
I’ll see if we can get an indication but this is also the kind of detail Tesla keep quiet as I suppose it could lead to disappointment of there is a delay.
My guess is it will be very soon as Tesla will be desperate to have it open for the imminent invasion of the South West because of holidays. This opening have a positive impact on Lifton end even Darts Farm.

My guess is it will be very soon as Tesla will be desperate to have it open for the imminent invasion of the South West because of holidays. This opening have a positive impact on Lifton end even Darts Farm.
Its about 100miles from Darts so not sure it will have much impact on that a bit maybe. The main benefit I think is going to be for people travelling to and around that part of Cornwall being able to charge easily before reaching their destination and during their holidays and for the first leg home. Rapids are thin on the ground there and there mush be quite a bit of accommodation without access to even an outdoor socket.
Should definitely take some pressure off Lifton though. If traveling to Western Cornwall Lifton is tempting even if you don't really need a charge so as to arrive at your final destination with some spare touring around electrons.

Reactions: timnd
There's a bank of four - which are the originals. These are on the left as you pull into the entrance. There are two new ones just to the right of the entrance. The other two...dunno.
That's interesting to hear. I found some photos on the Superchargers app taken on 27th Dec (when Nottingham was part way through construction) which show foundations for 6 stalls on the left and two on the right. It's before the tombstones were installed: there are metal boxes covering the oval concrete tombstone bases. So the assumption then was it would be a 6 + 2 layout but I haven't visited myself and I've only seen pictures dating from when the original 4 (and one charger cabinet) were in place.

Its about 100miles from Darts so not sure it will have much impact on that a bit maybe. The main benefit I think is going to be for people travelling to and around that part of Cornwall being able to charge easily before reaching their destination and during their holidays and for the first leg home. Rapids are thin on the ground there and there mush be quite a bit of accommodation without access to even an outdoor socket.
Should definitely take some pressure off Lifton though. If traveling to Western Cornwall Lifton is tempting even if you don't really need a charge so as to arrive at your final destination with some spare touring around electrons.
Outdoor socket? LUXURY. We used to DREAM of outdoor sockets. We 'ad to crack open t'window in t'oliday cottage and run a really really long extension lead across t'car and charge at 10 amps overnight. (Kia Soul EV 2015-2019 ;-)

Exactly this - we've a holiday home in Mounts Bay that has no parking, so we're in the area a lot.
This'll save me visiting the 3 or 4 GeniePoints it takes to find one that works, and is just about comfortable LR range from Bath so there'll be no need to charge on the way.

Reactions: PB1975
Outdoor socket? LUXURY. We used to DREAM of outdoor sockets. We 'ad to crack open t'window in t'oliday cottage and run a really really long extension lead across t'car and charge at 10 amps overnight. (Kia Soul EV 2015-2019 ;-)
Ha. Excellent Yorkshiremanning there. :)

Definitely done this in the Leaf - one particular holiday cottage on Exmoor had one of those half-height split doors, which was great as long as it was dry. Which, of course, was never. ;) But the woman who ran the place only charged us a nominal amount, and thought our car was interesting, and we took our trusty outdoor extension lead back on more than one occasion.