Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like there has been some activity. Because my memory is so bad that I can't remember how this place looks despite driving through it once a week, I've managed to find a view of it on google maps to compare that is relatively recent:

The EV charging signage has gone up on 5 of the bays
Two of the chargers have been removed, with a large concrete or metal (I was there literally 30 mins ago and can't remember what they were made of) plinth put in place.
View attachment 712749

I'm probably going through the Westbound again tomorrow, so will grab a photo if there is anything interesting looking there.
So recent activity by Tesla both westbound and eastbound.
Of all the changes I think the new signage is the most encouraging: the other changes could otherwise be interpreted (glass half empty scenario) as decommissioning.
In the photo above of the eastbound chargers all four V2 charger cabinets (able to power up to 8 stalls) are still in place.
The covers over the removed stalls are metal boxes if I recall correctly. I've seen them in photos taken part way through some Supercharger installs, presumably they protect the foundation, ducting and cables from the elements (and the public).

So recent activity by Tesla both westbound and eastbound.
Of all the changes I think the new signage is the most encouraging: the other changes could otherwise be interpreted (glass half empty scenario) as decommissioning.
In the photo above of the eastbound chargers all four V2 charger cabinets (able to power up to 8 stalls) are still in place.
The covers over the removed stalls are metal boxes if I recall correctly. I've seen them in photos taken part way through some Supercharger installs, presumably they protect the foundation, ducting and cables from the elements (and the public).
Just popped by the westbound services again. Exactly the same here. 2 chargers have been removed and replaced by a metal box. Also only 5 charge point signs have been erected covering 6 bays.

I get the impression this is going to be downsized to 6 stalls each side of it opens.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
Just popped by the westbound services again. Exactly the same here. 2 chargers have been removed and replaced by a metal box. Also only 5 charge point signs have been erected covering 6 bays.

I get the impression this is going to be downsized to 6 stalls each side of it opens.
I have a theory, based on nothing but my own guesswork, that the tombstones being replaced are those that have been cannibalised for parts. Looking at some of the old street view photos it appears that one of the tombstones replaced had been stripped down ie the 6th tombstone away from the cabinets. As I say, just a guess.

😥Brighouse info and it isn’t good news. Matt Wrigley from TOUK has just spoken with the guys on site and they’re there for training. A new engineer is being trained and it’s easier to train on dead units than live ones. They have no indication that they’ll be going live soon, so we are back to square one.
There is a chance that the engineers were saying it was training to keep developments secret so we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
Passed Rownhams Services, in both directions, with time to spare earlier so took a run through both. If it's still a planned Q4 2021 date for the Superchargers, and whichever side they are on they are actually at the services, there is absolutely no sign of any possibly related work at either that I could see.

Reactions: PB1975
Took these snaps today outside the Trafford Centre Manchester next to the Tesla collection hub. Not sure if it’s related to the 18 superchargers expected to open later this year.
A6DF245C-D8AD-49B6-921B-49100F7F7588.jpeg
EE35D866-CE66-43A1-847F-AC615B79800C.jpeg