Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's name for the newly opened Lakeside Shopping Centre Supercharger: Grays, UK. I expect the "Thurrock" will be used for the Moto service area when it opens.

2022-01-27 Nav Grays Sm.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and arg
Latest at Oxford, Redbridge.

Behind the HIAB/crane/lorry’s cabin (currently lose soil) is where the Tesla Superchargers are going, if the latest artist impressions are to be relied upon.

View attachment 760965View attachment 760971
I'm not sure I understand the layout that OCC is imagining for Redbridge. The building behind is the Park and Ride bus stop, no one using these faster chargers will be using that, not remotely enough time. So I guess the coffee shop will get more business, but nowhere for weary a34 travellers to eat etc.

Pear Tree P&R would have made more sense, being next door to the services, and nearer the A34.

I'm not sure I understand the layout that OCC is imagining for Redbridge. The building behind is the Park and Ride bus stop, no one using these faster chargers will be using that, not remotely enough time. So I guess the coffee shop will get more business, but nowhere for weary a34 travellers to eat etc.

Pear Tree P&R would have made more sense, being next door to the services, and nearer the A34.
Idk, it seems churlish to complain after putting up such a stout defence of Derby.

It’s because of the grid connection to a new battery at Cowley. They had to lay new cabling around the ring road. It’s all part of a bigger project, Oxford Energy Superhub. Pear Tree might well come under a later phase. You can see more here Energy Superhub Oxford - powering a cleaner, greener Oxford

The Derby one sounds ideal for me as I take my mum to the London Road Community hospital, but not if I have to pay parking every time I want to top up for 30-45 mins.
I haven’t visited but seem to remember there’s signage saying you can get your ticket validated somewhere in the shopping centre to avoid paying a parking fee. Maybe a local driver could confirm?

It makes no sense, really :/
Although at the time of the photo five drivers apparently found it useful. These are effectively the UK/European version of urban superchargers - in the US they have different 72kW charging units but they never made it over here.

I had heard the lease issue has been sorted for a while, however there is very little grid capacity at Boucher and it looks like that will take a good while to sort.
I had heard NIE asked the many dealerships on Boucher road if they are likely to require a larger connection to facilitate DC chargers in the future, obviously the answer was yes so it looks like it may require a fairly large project.
I would think a small site elsewhere in Belfast would make sense and certainly not go to waste given the Boucher location and small size, maybe even a few V2 so older cars could still charge.
Both Applegreen service stations on the M1 would make sense.

Reactions: Jayster