Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🔥Ferndown update.
Tesla moving into the Porsche delaership is confirmed and the planning application (which revolves around change of advertising/signs rather than building works) is out for consultation. This should be no challenge so approval should come soon.
Superchargers? None in the planning docs but PP might not be needed so this is not necessarily proof of the, not happening. Rumour has it that Porsche couldn’t bring HV power so that contributed to their decision to move, but it could be that the franchise couldn’t justify the cost of new power but Tesla might.
Planning application is here: https://planning.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/plandisp.aspx?recno=378900
8C1F8C43-A797-446B-ABEB-3DFAC4C53597.jpeg
CBA4636E-59AC-4248-A1DE-43E84785D922.jpeg
CBA4636E-59AC-4248-A1DE-43E84785D922.jpeg

🔥Ferndown update.
Tesla moving into the Porsche delaership is confirmed and the planning application (which revolves around change of advertising/signs rather than building works) is out for consultation. This should be no challenge so approval should come soon.
Superchargers? None in the planning docs but PP might not be needed so this is not necessarily proof of the, not happening. Rumour has it that Porsche couldn’t bring HV power so that contributed to their decision to move, but it could be that the franchise couldn’t justify the cost of new power but Tesla might.
Planning application is here: https://planning.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/plandisp.aspx?recno=378900
View attachment 762653View attachment 762654View attachment 762654

So what about power for Superchargers?
There are two 11kV aerial lines to choose from but both are >1km away so might be impractical. This image shows the Tesla location in the centre on the junction and the two blue lines running vertically at either edge are the 11kV lines but it may not be possible to just tap in at the nearest point.
52F3719F-48E1-439B-B65A-763B1A34CCC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Campi and Masklin
🔥Ferndown update.

🔥Ferndown update.

I had a root through the planning docs and saw the words 'Supercharger Stalls' on one of the plan view docs (see attached pdf).
You need to zoom in quite away to see it. Not sure, on which side of the double parking spaces the Superchargers might be placed or how many 'SuperChargers might happen. Interestingly, there are 4 low power chargers units drawn/shown on the building, so perhaps the Superchargers might be adjacent to the road. I count 15 parking spaces there.
I wont believe anything though until I am plugged in and pulling power, at somepoint in the future maybe.

Attachments

• P-ADV-2022-00351__EMEA_UK_BOURNEMOUTH_TESLA_CENTRE_PL-100_-_SITE.pdf
    643.8 KB · Views: 111

I had a root through the planning docs and saw the words 'Supercharger Stalls' on one of the plan view docs (see attached pdf).
You need to zoom in quite away to see it. Not sure, on which side of the double parking spaces the Superchargers might be placed or how many 'SuperChargers might happen. Interestingly, there are 4 low power chargers units drawn/shown on the building, so perhaps the Superchargers might be adjacent to the road. I count 15 parking spaces there.
I wont believe anything though until I am plugged in and pulling power, at somepoint in the future maybe.
Love it! Great work. That’s the confirmation we wanted. Now let’s hope they can work quickly on them!

Reactions: Campi
I shared some pics of a well advanced Trafford Centre build back end of last year. I also worked at Trafford Centre in the final weeks before Christmas and the 18 unactivated charging bays were complete regarding construction, so much so that Tesla handover was using them as parking bays since construction of the tombstone elements was complete yet it’s still showing as construction in supercharger.info or in car as far as I can see.

Anyone have any idea what’s holding this one back?

I shared some pics of a well advanced Trafford Centre build back end of last year. I also worked at Trafford Centre in the final weeks before Christmas and the 18 unactivated charging bays were complete regarding construction, so much so that Tesla handover was using them as parking bays since construction of the tombstone elements was complete yet it’s still showing as construction in supercharger.info or in car as far as I can see.

Last time that I was there before Christmas, although the stalls looked complete, there was a big fenced off hole close to the actual Trafford Centre where they had run a trench and cabling and it looked like they were waiting for power as the cables were unconnected in the hole. The trench was actually the first thing that they started back in September.

I haven’t been back for a while, but if anybody is, look for a big hole away from the stalls and close to the building rather than by the actual Tesla kit.

I think I posted something last year that if they are waiting for the local DNO to do something, based on my experiences with them, they are going to be waiting a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbo_hippo

Very likely to be upstream work by the DNO. They take responsibility for the high voltage connection and this might still require work. As soon as that’s sorted hopefully it will switch on and be open.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Very likely to be upstream work by the DNO. They take responsibility for the high voltage connection and this might still require work. As soon as that’s sorted hopefully it will switch on and be open.
I was there last week test driving the Y and the Tesla chap I was speaking to used the phrase “it’s like a mini heartshead situation”. Apparently that particular car park has a different ownership arrangement from the rest of the TC, so they are finalising the legal arrangements to run the power across the car park. I have no independent confirmation of this but it did come from a Tesla rep who works in the delivery tent thing.

Last time that I was there before Christmas, although the stalls looked complete, there was a big fenced off hole close to the actual Trafford Centre where they had run a trench and cabling and it looked like they were waiting for power as the cables were unconnected in the hole. The trench was actually the first thing that they started back in September.

I haven’t been back for a while, but if anybody is, look for a big hole away from the stalls and close to the building rather than by the actual Tesla kit.

I think I posted something last year that if they are waiting for the local DNO to do something, based on my experiences with them, they are going to be waiting a while.
On the 11th January they were craning in some large (6ft high by 6ft wide) grey transformers into a fenced off area. I thought they must be getting close at that point, but still no switch on 3 weeks after that.

As @PB1975 says the drawing shows 8 xV3 supercharger stalls plus two charging cabinets to power them - the stall bases and cabinets are highlighted in the screenshot below. You're wise not to believe anything at this stage but it does show that Tesla are considering visitor charging facilities similar to those at a number of other UK Service Centres.

2022-02-01 Ferndown SC SuC Plan Details.jpg

Last edited: