Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading Moto services groundwork seems to be completed. No sign of any Tesla hardware yet or substation/power infrastructure. There’s what looks like small circlular features or hatches in the block work of the parking spaces on the left side of the car park (to mount the tombstones to maybe??). See pics
510E6B3E-4D2F-48B6-9317-10E192DB6EF0.jpeg
F7043441-188A-4964-AF4D-36E5F884B9AD.jpeg
1B67943A-F53B-4305-BDBB-0F3A09A54B02.jpeg
A1FE7821-9841-4BF1-A51A-AACB867B9946.jpeg

But have since disappeared from the list of "coming soon" Supercharger sites. They could surprise us of course!
Just been looking at the power supply situation and it seems like the SC location happens to be a spot where there are no substations nearby despite there being lots scattered around the wider area. My bet is there are big headaches with power.

Reading Moto services groundwork seems to be completed. No sign of any Tesla hardware yet or substation/power infrastructure. There’s what looks like small circlular features or hatches in the block work of the parking spaces on the left side of the car park (to mount the tombstones to maybe??). See picsView attachment 763795View attachment 763796View attachment 763797View attachment 763794
Same set up as Whetherby with regards to the charger mounting locations. Maybe they’re using a new installation methodology for these sites in regards to mounting the stalls…

Reactions: GBDave
Tesla’s coming soon map updated this morning. New links detected;

2A3EF1F8-5BB9-46EF-B0C5-F1A3FC027A53.jpeg

Bexleyheath (coming soon) Q2 2022
Faversham (coming soon) Q2 2022
Grantham (coming soon) Q1 2022
Guildford (coming soon) Q2 2022
Leeds West (coming soon) Q1 2022

Sure there’s more alterations. Will have a look when have time. Leeds West has been on before I’m sure. Grantham is already a location so maybe a second location. Haven’t had time to check out locations etc

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Leeds West looks like it’s another city centre location looking on the map.

Map also now updated if you follow it through from the find us page.

Liverpool - Q1
Liverpool East - Q2
Trafford - Q1
Leeds West - Q1
Leeds East - Q3
Ferrybridge - Q1
Hull - 2022

Looks like this year is going to be the year for the M62.

Also, there is another pin up near Carlisle but it won’t let me click on it.

Leeds west?

Also, why is Harrogate not mentioned anywhere on the map? Its thought this will be on immenantly.
Tesla is known not to show “all of their cards”. Like many of the sites with GRIDSERVE aren’t mentioned despite Tesla being on planning permission.

Also many sites on list don’t come to fruition. Many factors are at play and sites have been lost, once Tesla is mentioned by name as some try and block or get more money out of the deal. The list is to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Here is my breakdown of the new sites. I’m pleased with the Faversham one as that’s one I submitted to the head of SuC a while ago and it looks like a winner! Red names are the sites newly added to the map Although we knew about most of them.View attachment 764307
If all goes to plan that is 13 more new sites in Q1 and 23 total by the end of Q2. That should take the U.K. total over 1,000!

Here is my breakdown of the new sites. I’m pleased with the Faversham one as that’s one I submitted to the head of SuC a while ago and it looks like a winner! Red names are the sites newly added to the map Although we knew about most of them.View attachment 764307
Drilling into the updates a bit more and looking at changes:

13 new pins added
Q1 2022: 5 added:
- Nottingham, Romford & Tongham (Hog's Back) are known locations with construction underway/near completion.
- Grantham is at the existing Supercharger location and is an unusual pin as Tesla haven't marked site expansions in the past.
- Leeds West is a brand new pin location on Burley Road. One to keep an eye on (past history suggests map updates with near-future target dates are more likely to become reality).

Q2 2022: 6 added:
- Guildford and Norwich seem likely to be Tesla Service Centres.
- Bexleyheath, Faversham, Liverpool East and Swansea are all new (notional-looking) locations.

Q3 2022: 2 added:
- Swindon is a new notional-looking location.
- Todhills Southbound on the M6 just north of Carlisle.

9 existing pin date changes:
1 earlier date:
- Winchester has been brought forward from Q2 to Q1 2022.
4 later dates:
- Trafford has been moved from Q4 2021 to Q1 2022: no surprise (but other pins still show Q4 2021). Still the update is encouraging in terms of it going live soon.
- Belfast put back from Q4 2021 to Q2 2022
- Croydon and Heathrow moved from Q1 to Q2 2022.
4 more specific dates:
- Ferrybridge has been changed from 2022 to Q1 2022 indicating likely progress.
- Newquay has changed from 2022 to Q2 2022.
- East Leeds and Kettering have changed from 2022 to Q3 2022.

6 pins still showing Q4 2021: Birch, Ferndown, Fleet, Plymouth, Reading, Rownhams. Of these, only Plymouth doesn't have an obvious site identified from planning applications or construction activity.

The remainder of the pins haven't had date changes either; the most imminent ones are Liverpool & Stratford in Q1 2022.

A couple of foot notes:
- Belfast has been moved to the Ireland rather than the UK list (for the time being?). It did get a date update so signs are still encouraging.
- Birch is no longer on the UK list but still on the map. There is planning and construction at the Moto westbound service area although Tesla equipment hasn't been spotted yet.

Drilling into the updates a bit more and looking at changes:

13 new pins added
Q1 2022: 5 added:
- Nottingham, Romford & Tongham (Hog's Back) are known locations with construction underway/near completion.
- Grantham is at the existing Supercharger location and is an unusual pin as Tesla haven't marked site expansions in the past.
- Leeds West is a brand new pin location on Burley Road. One to keep an eye on (past history suggests map updates with near-future target dates are more likely to become reality).

Q2 2022: 6 added:
- Guildford and Norwich seem likely to be Tesla Service Centres.
- Bexleyheath, Faversham, Liverpool East and Swansea are all new (notional-looking) locations.

Q3 2022: 2 added:
- Swindon is a new notional-looking location.
- Todhills Southbound on the M6 just north of Carlisle.

9 existing pin date changes:
1 earlier date:
- Winchester has been brought forward from Q2 to Q1 2022.
4 later dates:
- Trafford has been moved from Q4 2021 to Q1 2022: no surprise (but other pins still show Q4 2021). Still the update is encouraging in terms of it going live soon.
- Belfast put back from Q4 2021 to Q2 2022
- Croydon and Heathrow moved from Q1 to Q2 2022.
4 more specific dates:
- Ferrybridge has been changed from 2022 to Q1 2022 indicating likely progress.
- Newquay has changed from 2022 to Q2 2022.
- East Leeds and Kettering have changed from 2022 to Q3 2022.

6 pins still showing Q4 2021: Birch, Ferndown, Fleet, Plymouth, Reading, Rownhams. Of these, only Plymouth doesn't have an obvious site identified from planning applications or construction activity.

The remainder of the pins haven't had date changes either; the most imminent ones are Liverpool & Stratford in Q1 2022.

A couple of foot notes:
- Belfast has been moved to the Ireland rather than the UK list (for the time being?). It did get a date update so signs are still encouraging.
- Birch is no longer on the UK list but still on the map. There is planning and construction at the Moto westbound service area although Tesla equipment hasn't been spotted yet.
Faversham looks certain to be the Macknades Farm Shop (plus street food type options). The Tesla pin is at the top left corner of the property. (Tooting my own horn alert: I proposed this site so I am feeling smug today).
Guildford SC definitely have their location decided so I agree it can only really mean this site,
C3F203F9-3574-4E54-8836-AF01AF8478B2.png

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc