Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Winchester Site days from opening....

Winchester 10.jpg

A quick scan through the list shows nothing up here in Scotland - we are pretty well served but could do with a few more sites, especially in the far north.
Indeed. We had a flurry of new Scottish SC sites in the earlier period after I got my car but nothing for quite a while. Only one we know about is the increased number of charges at Edinburgh/Newbridge ... and I don't think those are functional yet.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Tesla Ferndown plus Superchargers.
In the local media today....View attachment 764391This makes the location for the Ferndown Superchargers highly improbable... as this screenshot from Google Maps shows... it is only a couple of miles from the proposed new Tesla location.

View attachment 764392
My bet is that the paper has someone in the TOUK group or this forum as they announced it hours after we ere all discussing it with the same images, diagrams and comments!

Reactions: cezdoc

This makes the location for the Ferndown Superchargers highly improbable... as this screenshot from Google Maps shows... it is only a couple of miles from the proposed new Tesla location.
Correct, the majority of markers are only a general indication of the site location. I imagine some are aspirational and some are deliberately vague to protect the negotiation process. The Ferndown Supercharger will almost certainly become the new (Bournemouth?) Tesla Service Centre (if, it seems, Tesla can get enough power to the site). Another example would be the new Swansea marker which is more or less where a Google pin lands if you just search for "Swansea". In contrast some markers are very specific, for example the new Todhills one, but these are the exception rather than the rule.

Indeed. We had a flurry of new Scottish SC sites in the earlier period after I got my car but nothing for quite a while. Only one we know about is the increased number of charges at Edinburgh/Newbridge ... and I don't think those are functional yet.
I think there is still hope for the Glasgow Service Centre: local sources have often indicated it would be a while before Superchargers would go in. Maybe getting power there is the issue?
Todhills would also help to take some pressure off Gretna.

A quick scan through the list shows nothing up here in Scotland - we are pretty well served but could do with a few more sites, especially in the far north.

Could really do with a couple up in Thurso. Somewhere along the A96, somewhere like Keith or Huntly would also help. Additional capacity in Abington and Tebay would be good too. Those two fill up quickly outside of winter.

Ferndown just updated to Q2 2022
Good spot. It looks like the map is still being updated: a number of the other pins have had their target dates adjusted. I updated the wiki post earlier today but it's already out-of-date! It may be worth waiting a day or two to see where everything ends up.

All the other "Q4 2021" pins have had changes (Ferndown was one of them):
Birch - no longer appears on the UK list or map (site link has been removed)
Fleet - no longer on UK list, still on map although clicking the pin doesn't bring up the site info. Site link still says Q4 2021 but will it disappear shortly?
Plymouth - now Q2 2022
Reading - now Q2 2022
Rownhams - same as Fleet: no longer on UK list, still on map although clicking the pin doesn't bring up the site info. Site link still says Q4 2021.

Oxford Redbridge has been updated from "2022" to "Q2 2022". There may be other changes lurking.

Also I note London-Dartford hasn't been added yet and London-Brent Cross is still absent (Tesla website pin removed a couple of weeks ago) although it still exists AFAIK.

Reactions: Campi