Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leeds West: just being doing a load of research and think I have a very strong candidate for location.
Cardigan Fields is a retail/leisure park in West Leeds. It is right next to the massive Kirkstall primary so power is abundant. It is owned by Landsec who also own Lakeside and Bluewater which obviously already have Superchargers. They own lots of other locations so it would be great if it is a chain-wide agreement.

Ferndown (Q2 22) still listed. Looks like an addition

Maybe the map isn't updated correctly? The marker (bang on Bear Cross) used to say Ferndown Q2 2022, but since yesterday the same marker now say Bournemouth Q3 2022. I can't see a second marker anywhere near Bournemouth.

Maybe the map isn't updated correctly? The marker (bang on Bear Cross) used to say Ferndown Q2 2022, but since yesterday the same marker now say Bournemouth Q3 2022. I can't see a second marker anywhere near Bournemouth.

You can see both markers if you go to the country-by-country listings: Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK
Both Bournemouth and Ferndown point to exactly the same location but with different target dates - that's probably why you can't get the Ferndown marker to appear on the map.

It's a bit messy at the moment so I've decided to wait until Monday before going back to peer into Tesla's crystal ball...

Reactions: Campi
The table below lists changes to the "coming soon" markers on Tesla's website following the updates on 3rd & 4th Feb. These are the UK sites (the target dates for the three ROI "coming soon" markers have also been pushed back by one quarter).
There are now 14 new pins (12 if you discount Grantham - an existing Supercharger - and Bournemouth which has an identical location to Ferndown).

I've added the new pins & other changes, and collated discussion in recent posts about possible new site locations linked to the new markers, in the wiki post at the start of this thread.

I'm interested to see if anything happens at the three removed pin locations: there has been construction activity at Birch (planning documents show Tesla chargers), Fleet is long term stalled, waiting on power, and Rownhams has planning permission. A removed pin is not definitive - after all, the Brent Cross marker was recently removed and that Supercharger still exists!

2022-02-06 map pin updates.jpg

Last edited:
The table below lists changes to the "coming soon" markers on Tesla's website following the updates on 3rd & 4th Feb. These are the UK sites (the target dates for the three ROI "coming soon" markers have also been pushed back by one quarter).
There are now 14 new pins (12 if you discount Grantham - an existing Supercharger - and Bournemouth which has an identical location to Ferndown).

I've added the new pins & other changes, and collated discussion in recent posts about possible new site locations linked to the new markers, in the wiki post at the start of this thread.

I'm interested to see if anything happens at the three removed pin locations: there has been construction activity at Birch (planning documents show Tesla chargers), Fleet is long term stalled, waiting on power, and Rownhams has planning permission. A removed pin is not definitive - after all, the Brent Cross marker was recently removed and that Supercharger still exists!

View attachment 765741
Any idea of the status of North Greenwich? It is still on the Tesla official map and list, but there were comments before Christmas on Supercharge.info that the stalls had been removed?

Any idea of the status of North Greenwich? It is still on the Tesla official map and list, but there were comments before Christmas on Supercharge.info that the stalls had been removed?
The nearby 2-bay London Tower Supercharger was decommissioned in October 2021 but AFAIK the stalls at North Greenwich remain in place. However North Greenwich has been showing as offline/unavailable on the in-car Nav for a long time (right back to the March 2020 lockdown?) but I'm not sure of the reason: initially I believe the O2 Intercontinental was closed but the hotel now appears to be fully open. Maybe a local will know more about the circumstances there.

I think that one probably refers to the Moto Swansea at junction 46 of the m4...I think someone mentioned that works are already ongoing for that? If any one know better?
I was just reading on Twitter and elsewhere (other forums area available!) that the Gridserve Electric Highway upgrade at Moto Swansea West (J47) went live a few days ago: 6 x 350 kW chargers in addition to the existing 3 units.
No Tesla specific chargers on site so the "coming soon" Swansea pin doesn't appear to be linked with that specific project.

Is Bridgwater up and running?
It’s still shows on the Tesla charger app
The Superchargers App uses the supercharge.info database; if you look that up online, or follow the forum discussion link in the app, you'll see it links back to post #3,436 in this thread reporting a planning application at Bridgwater Gateway Business Park. Alternatively the wiki post at the start of this thread attempts to keep up-to-date with firm leads and construction activity, and should correspond with the supercharge.info list. So the Bridgwater site identified by the app depends on the business park development going ahead, and could be some time away (if it's included at all).

Post #4127 above shows the list of, hopefully, upcoming superchargers.
That's right - I noted the three removed markers but Bridgwater didn't get a mention as it was removed last August.

Reactions: CMc1
A bit concerning that Rownhams has completely disappeared? Would have been an excellent addition and the plans were also approved...
Indeed - this is the one we were most interested in. Drove past on Sunday and noticed a few lorries parked up with what looked quite a permanent position (rather than stopping for a break), they looked to have green transformers on the back of them. It was a glance as we went past so likely irrelevant.

Fleet services is starting to be full more often than not on hour weekly Sunday evening charge stop!