Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Faversham is really handy for the ferries, avoiding the M20 and 249, but near M2 and Ashford road.

It's irrelevant it's close to my house.

Would like to see a Dover and Ashford for general travel. Eastbourne would be handy for the south coast, because Brighton is always +1 year.

Never had to do it… I don’t think there’s a specific number to call (would be a good idea to have one). I would have a look at the list of numbers in the sticky thread and just pick one I suppose.
Isn't there basically only one number for Tesla now that just goes through endless menus and hold music? Not really sure I'd be inclined to brave the Tesla phone hold experience unless I absolutely have to. What would be ideal is an e-mail address for reporting issues such as these, but I've no idea if one exists (not seen one mentioned).

There’s usually a phone number on the tombstone just where the cable latches. Don’t ask me what it is though. It’s probably the same one as breakdown.
EFB92EAD-D885-4751-9FF5-A9693118EEB0.jpeg

Never had to do it… I don’t think there’s a specific number to call (would be a good idea to have one). I would have a look at the list of numbers in the sticky thread and just pick one I suppose.
The Tesla website says the following:

Who should I contact if I'm experiencing a problem with a Supercharger?
Superchargers are monitored closely and regularly serviced by our Tesla Service Technicians to address any technical issues as quickly as possible. There is no need to contact or report problems with a Supercharger.

So basically does not want me to bother.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
At the end of the day if the location is constantly busy with all chargers full except 1 that's never used they must know something was wrong with it. Or even in quieter locations if there is 1 or 2 that are never used then presumably rangers / technicians that call in every so often can check in them.

The Tesla website says the following:

Who should I contact if I'm experiencing a problem with a Supercharger?
Superchargers are monitored closely and regularly serviced by our Tesla Service Technicians to address any technical issues as quickly as possible. There is no need to contact or report problems with a Supercharger.

Perhaps easy for them to pick up issues related to the electrical output but I would be surprised if they could know that the plastic on one of the connectors was damaged or impacted with mud. Ah well ... they know better.

Reactions: duncans
Perhaps easy for them to pick up issues related to the electrical output but I would be surprised if they could know that the plastic on one of the connectors was damaged or impacted with mud. Ah well ... they know better.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla centrally monitor usage such that a warning flag pops up if a particular charger is not used for several hours whilst other chargers on the same site are being used regularly. Then they send someone to investigate.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
I think this one will be easy to spot as the cable head is lying on the floor. When they try and put it back in the holster it won't stay.
I’m suspecting that the “checks” may not necessarily involve a human actually looking at it. My thought was that the auto systems will report technical faults without someone physically checking. Hopefully in this instance someone will actually look at the physical connectors.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
It’s down as a Q2 project so we could see signs of activity starting soon. I only pass occasionally so won’t be able to keep my eye on it very often. Do you pass regularly?
Yeah should notice if some activity happens and will update. Q2 will be good as the main outdoor food village will be open then. They have a nice looking pizza truck I could try whilst my car gets some of it's own juice. Faversham was a cool suggestion, thanks.

Reactions: PB1975
I’ve noticed Intu Metrocentre Green and Blue zones are bringing 46 additional charge points as part of their solar canopy project. Plans council’s site only show 14 (and not Tesla layout) but on-site PR mentions additional 46 EV bays coming. Current chargers on site are ran by Hubsta, via Elmtronics.

Latest plan amendments were approved 3rd Feb 22.

Metrocentre is situated alongside the A1 in Gateshead.

Tesla have been involved at other Intu shopping centres.

One to to potentially watch.

View attachment 768068
Just to follow this up I’d thought I’d send a quick email direct to Metrocentre to see if Tesla Superchargers were on the agenda and got the following… (not yet confirmed)

9701D1B2-8289-4EB1-BFF1-C5A62F2F64BF.jpeg

Many thanks for your email enquiry.

I can confirm that as part of our solar project update in the green carpark, we are getting 46x 7-11kw charging points.
We are currently in talks with other companies, which includes Tesla re: future provisions, however this is still currently on-going.
I hope this information helps, but please let me know if we can help with anything else

No idea on Birch, but at the Trafford Centre the supercharger stalls look complete, and the high voltage enclosure looks tidy, however if you follow the trench across the car park, it is fairly obvious what remains to be done...

View attachment 768955

View attachment 768956
Fingers crossed it's up and running before the Y's flood the streets later this year. Queuing at South Manchester at ~1pm today.