Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very strange orientation of the individual chargers - very prone to damage from reversing Teslas? Ideal for a variety of non Teslas!
You say that but I don't think they are going to reach cars with a port on the front left or rear right still without parking in the wrong bay so i don't think that is why it is done this way.
if they had put each tombstone nearer the middle of the space they would reach any car ( front charge port cars would have to stick out of the space a bit to be fair) so this does not seem optimised for non Teslas to me

More like they had to fit standard depth parking spaces so to the side was the only option.

Reactions: CMc1
Used Rugby Superchargers earlier for the first time in around six months. Could have sworn the last time I passed through they and the adjacent bank of Gridserve chargers were the same kWh price, but this time though the Superchargers were 33p/kWh and Gridserve 45p/kWh. Just wondering if my memory of them being the same before was mistaken?

Rugby also busy!

Used Rugby Superchargers earlier for the first time in around six months. Could have sworn the last time I passed through they and the adjacent bank of Gridserve chargers were the same kWh price, but this time though the Superchargers were 33p/kWh and Gridserve 45p/kWh. Just wondering if my memory of them being the same before was mistaken, Gridserve were fractionally cheaper than Tesla
When Rugby opened, Gridserve were fractionally cheaper. I'm not sure if that was an introductory price, or electricity costs have driven prices up for them.

In my experience Rugby was busy from the week it opened, for both operators, with rarely more than a couple of free spaces. Luckily for Tesla, the charging period is typically 20 minutes, so turnover is high and I've never had to queue there. Meanwhile on the other side, where you have cars connected at 50kW to a 350kW charger (I once saw an Outlander PHEV at 22kW!), then you might be looking at a very long wait!

Reactions: Masklin
When Rugby opened, Gridserve were fractionally cheaper. I'm not sure if that was an introductory price, or electricity costs have driven prices up for them.

In my experience Rugby was busy from the week it opened, for both operators, with rarely more than a couple of free spaces. Luckily for Tesla, the charging period is typically 20 minutes, so turnover is high and I've never had to queue there. Meanwhile on the other side, where you have cars connected at 50kW to a 350kW charger (I once saw an Outlander PHEV at 22kW!), then you might be looking at a very long wait!
You need to go at 3am in the morning. Empty every time I go. :D
Rugby1.JPG
Rugby.JPG

Comment on Supercharger.Info app saying Trafford Centre superchargers are operational but being utilised for Model Y deliveries with a few cars plugged in. Doesn’t look like the supercharger lights are on from the poor photo.
Anyone confirm?

Comment on Supercharger.Info app saying Trafford Centre superchargers are operational but being utilised for Model Y deliveries with a few cars plugged in. Doesn’t look like the supercharger lights are on from the poor photo.
Anyone confirm?
Not showing as an available option on the Tesla app on my phone when I look at location and my 4 nearest SC's. I live about a mile from the Trafford Centre.

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc