Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is ripple?
It is shared ownership in a wind turbine. The benefit is you have reduction in your electric bill and you helping with renewable energy. Tesla could be one of the companies that buy their electricity from them and pass the benefits on to share holders or be one of the share holders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferrybridge still needs a decent tidy up and hopefully that big thick cable on the drum doesn't need connecting ;)

IMG_3206.jpeg

IMG_3205.jpeg

I definitely think there aren’t enough superchargers at scotch corner. I would suggest installing another bank in the services opposite. That way those going north / west can use Holiday inn, and those going east from A66 and/or south from A1 could use the services.
I think the services up there are classed as a rest area and I believe Moto want to merge it with a truck stop to form a full motorway service area and increase EV charging capacity but there are lots of politics going on in that neck of the woods as somebody else wants to build a brand new service station not too far away and I don’t know what’s going on with it all. Moto do have ambitious plans to increase charging at most of their services, but they don’t always include Tesla Superchargers.

I went up there on a bank holiday around Christmas / New Year and Scotch Corner was showing full most of the time. I bypassed it and stopped at Washington instead although the car thought I should stop at Scotch Corner.

There are also plans for 150 chargers near the hotel as a designer outlet village is opening in Autumn of next year, but it may not be suitable for a quick pit stop or have ultra rapid chargers. It may also make the junction very busy.

Last edited:
These 'Designer' villages are making a mess of the country. Politicians wonder why town centres are struggling and at the same time allowing massive car-centric shopping centres being build on greenfield land next to motorways. At some point you have to stop and ask who is being paid and by whom? If we want nice towns and cities we need to stop building these things altogether.

Reactions: diddy84 and Masklin
are all 16 of them 250kw? or only half?
I'm not aware of any V3 sites in the UK that don't offer 250 kW max at all stalls.
Some of the older V2 Superchargers have different limits: in the UK I think it's either 130 kW or 150 kW (on top power sharing limitations between charger pairs) .
Did you have a reason for asking about Grays?
(It's academic for me as my MS70 can only achieve just over 100 kW - even then only briefly when fully warm and <10% SOC).

It seems likely that the expansion will not be Tesla supercharger stalls.
IIRC both Westbound and Eastbound had 8 stalls in place, but without power, when they were originally built in 2017.
When they went live last year they only powered up 6 of the 8; the remaining two tombstones were removed above ground but the foundations and charger cabinets were left in place (the same thing was done on both sides). You can see the layout if you click through to the photos on Twitter linked in this post.

The two unused bases were furthest away from the charger cabinets but the new photo appears to show excavation taking place where there were already live supercharger stalls in place.

Over on TOUK a few folk think this looks like new foundations for non-Tesla specific chargers, and one quotes a contractor who said "three" superchargers are being removed and replaced with 3rd-party chargers.