Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wether it’s 40p or 45p it’s makes no odds in reality, you are either going to use the charger because it’s in the right location or your not. The non-Tesla chargers are similarly priced or more expensive generally.

Exactly. I've never chosen a Supercharger by price! If it's where you need it you use it. The price can potentially change next day anyway.

Perhaps there will come a time when all chargers would have a display that shows the price per kWh just as petrol stations are required to advertise their prices.

Exactly. I've never chosen a Supercharger by price! If it's where you need it you use it. The price can potentially change next day anyway.

Perhaps there will come a time when all chargers would have a display that shows the price per kWh just as petrol stations are required to advertise their prices.
This is true for longer trips but I believe Tesla (sometimes?) offer cheap off peak pricing/price differentials between certain sites to incentivise charging when sites are less busy/electricity is cheaper or greener/to smooth demand. It's not something I've followed closely due to my usage patterns (oh, and my MS has free Supercharging anyway!) but if, for example, you have no home/destination charging and rely on Superchargers for a regular fill-up then this sort of thing could enable a significant £ saving to accumulate (and hopefully reduce demand for others needing to charge at peak times).

I've no idea whether any UK sites currently offer cheap/off peak pricing though.

Its was added to Supercharger Info on 07-Apr.

Its on the Tesla Website but (as seems to be the case with new openings) the PIN is in the original "Somewhere near here" position, but the the address and "Driving Directions" shows the correct location (that matches the Supercharger Info MAP, although I doubt that is independent confirmation)

At some point the original PIN gets sorted out, dunno what process that takes and why the addition of the actual address etc. does sort that out at the same time.

View attachment 792414
This seems to be fixed now. It seems to me that Tesla's directory listing gets updated first followed by the map, and it takes about a day to sync up (although they don't always tally exactly). Usually new sites are updated within a week or so, often sooner, but there are some exceptions (see below).

Trafford has been renamed Manchester Trafford Centre on Tesla's website. Initially I was getting different results depending whether I used "en_GB" or "en_gb" for the hyperlink address for the individual site listing but it seems to be consistent now (it could have been a browser cache thingy I suppose).

Reference: Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla - directory listing

Some other errata for Tesla's UK Supercharger listing on their website (at time of writing):
  • Dartford Service Centre Supercharger is not listed or on the map;
  • Brent Cross Supercharger is also missing (it disappeared in January);
  • Nottingham - Loughborough Road has a map marker on the wrong side of the road;
  • Bristol Cribbs Causeway is listed as up to 150 kW but 12 of the 14 stalls are V3 & (presumably) 250 kW max;
  • Hilton Park Northbound is listed as having 10 stalls (there are 12 there);
  • Inverness is listed as 6 x 250 kW max but is a V2 site (so ~150 kW max).
Fortunately the in-car Nav details are far more reliable, as is (independent, crowd-sourced) supercharge.info (which in turn is used by tools like abetterrouteplanner).

Reactions: WannabeOwner
P.S. Neither PlugShare nor Zap-map have Easton Road, Winchester supercharger yet (although both show that "Car dealership") - well, not that I could find.

I wonder if both of these services are losing crowd-sourced data through apathy?

Maybe I'll try adding it and see how long it takes to become live ... maybe someone/several-ones have already done that ...

Lack of a filter for >50kW on PlugShare is an annoyance, as is the need to pick every possible kW combination that might be useful to me on Zap-Map filter

Dartford Service Centre Supercharger is not listed or on the map

I called in there on my way to Bluewater pickup ('coz I didn't know which location I was supposed to be going to). The chargers looked like they were behind a barrier, so I don't know if they are readily accessible? I didn't need a charge so I didn't look more closely,

Nottingham - Loughborough Road has a map marker on the wrong side of the road

And on the "driving directions"

Zap-Map correct location, Plug Share wrong but only slightly offset. Supercharger Info quite a long way off (but on the same site). Google Maps has it marked as "Tesla Nottingham Sales & Service", Bing doesn't even mark the building as Tesla ...

P.S. Neither PlugShare nor Zap-map have Easton Road, Winchester supercharger yet (although both show that "Car dealership") - well, not that I could find.

I wonder if both of these services are losing crowd-sourced data through apathy?

Maybe I'll try adding it and see how long it takes to become live ... maybe someone/several-ones have already done that ...

Lack of a filter for >50kW on PlugShare is an annoyance, as is the need to pick every possible kW combination that might be useful to me on Zap-Map filter
I've got PlugShare as a phone app and on that it marks the Winchester Service Centre with a "Coming Soon" spanner icon in the correct location. I expect it will get updated to "open" in due course but not sure if the comments at the top of the wiki post for this thread are still accurate (suggesting PlugShare and Tesla have a partnership allowing new site location information to be shared as sites go live).

I don't know how other networks are kept up-to-date on PlugShare and Zap-Map (I assume crowd-sourcing but there is some live information shared by other networks, or available via web API thingies) - for Tesla drivers it's not really an issue for navigating to Superchargers as the in-car Nav has all the necessary information (except in rare cases e.g. a site is in the process of being commissioned).

I've got PlugShare as a phone app and on that it marks the Winchester Service Centre with a "Coming Soon" spanner icon in the correct location

Thanks. Now you've said that I had "Coming soon" turned off in my (website based) filters. Turning that on and I see a spanner-Icon too.

That Icon seems to allow "check-ins" so I suppose any early adopters using the site and leaving a comment would help :)

I don’t know the area too well, but this is a new site, right!? Looks like 12 new stalls

Current are inside and not currently in use.. (London - North Greenwich)

Seems like (51.5023724, -0.0018343)

18F1C55C-90F4-4249-B07C-C02A3D357425.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Just had a look at the planning docs for Moto Thurrock (there's a link in the "Under Construction" table in the wiki post). The photo is looking west, roughly where the bollards are marked on the map looking towards the mast compound (north is to the right on the map below).

View attachment 792387

As far as I can make out
  • The Gridserve rapids are occupying the area earmarked for Tesla charging stalls in the site plans;
  • There are more than 10 Gridserve rapids (site plans indicate 16 Tesla + 10 Ecotricity) (I count at least 12 including some on pallets in the background);
  • The charging cabinets in the background don't appear to be Tesla ones although they are similar in appearance.
I do wonder if Supercharger stalls will actually end up being installed here and the other Moto services that had a mix of Ecotricity and Tesla stalls on the plans. Construction is underway at Birch, Heston, Reading and Wetherby so I expect we'll find out before too long.
Photo also shows green EV bay marking in front and behind the currently mounted stalls suggesting the design has changed significantly since it went to planning.

Just had a look at the planning docs for Moto Thurrock (there's a link in the "Under Construction" table in the wiki post). The photo is looking west, roughly where the bollards are marked on the map looking towards the mast compound (north is to the right on the map below).

View attachment 792387

As far as I can make out
  • The Gridserve rapids are occupying the area earmarked for Tesla charging stalls in the site plans;
  • There are more than 10 Gridserve rapids (site plans indicate 16 Tesla + 10 Ecotricity) (I count at least 12 including some on pallets in the background);
  • The charging cabinets in the background don't appear to be Tesla ones although they are similar in appearance.
I do wonder if Supercharger stalls will actually end up being installed here and the other Moto services that had a mix of Ecotricity and Tesla stalls on the plans. Construction is underway at Birch, Heston, Reading and Wetherby so I expect we'll find out before too long.
I’ve been to Thurrock a few times recently (the photo in the earlier post was one of mine 👍)

There’s now 12 Gridserve chargers, but still only 10 facing into the new area. The other 2 face into the current carpark and are marked for disabled/wide bay access. One of the old chargers look to be remaining too, I guess this will be the token AC charger. This makes sense that the GS chargers are now on the eastern side of the new area, since they share the cabling with the earlier 3 charging spots on that side.

Re other sites, Reading is the one which seems to confirm Tesla are still part of the team. Signs on the fence shown here.

42C639C9-15D3-4BFF-A2BA-4DA69EC10917.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
I don’t know the area too well, but this is a new site, right!? Looks like 12 new stalls

Current are inside and not currently in use.. (London - North Greenwich)

Seems like (51.5023724, -0.0018343)

View attachment 792827
Presumably these are the 12 V2 stalls that were previously located in the neighbouring covered car park. The original North Greenwich Supercharger has been showing as "temporarily closed" on the Nav since 2020 and comments on apps like Zap-Map indicate the original charging stalls have been removed. It's good to see that a new home has been found for them in essentially the same location (tantalisingly close to the Greenwich Meridian which is marked on the paved area and with a sculpture just to the north!).

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1
Presumably these are the 12 V2 stalls that were previously located in the neighbouring covered car park. The original North Greenwich Supercharger has been showing as "temporarily closed" on the Nav since 2020 and comments on apps like Zap-Map indicate the original charging stalls have been removed. It's good to see that a new home has been found for them in essentially the same location (tantalisingly close to the Greenwich Meridian which is marked on the paved area and with a sculpture just to the north!).
Yeah did notice V2 but couldn’t confirm old site being removed versus still temp closed, so thanks for that.

You’d think they’d take the opportunity to upgrade to V3