Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called in there on my way to Bluewater pickup ('coz I didn't know which location I was supposed to be going to). The chargers looked like they were behind a barrier, so I don't know if they are readily accessible? I didn't need a charge so I didn't look more closely,

And on the "driving directions"

Zap-Map correct location, Plug Share wrong but only slightly offset. Supercharger Info quite a long way off (but on the same site). Google Maps has it marked as "Tesla Nottingham Sales & Service", Bing doesn't even mark the building as Tesla ...
The barrier at Dartford Service Centre confused me as well, if you just drive up to it, it will open.
At least for a Tesla :)

P.S. Neither PlugShare nor Zap-map have Easton Road, Winchester supercharger yet (although both show that "Car dealership") - well, not that I could find.

I wonder if both of these services are losing crowd-sourced data through apathy?

Maybe I'll try adding it and see how long it takes to become live ... maybe someone/several-ones have already done that ...

Lack of a filter for >50kW on PlugShare is an annoyance, as is the need to pick every possible kW combination that might be useful to me on Zap-Map filter
Both of those services won’t add superchargers until Tesla tell them too. Plugshare hide any early contributions by giving them an invalid plug type ( e.g. a French domestic plug) and Zap-Map ignore requests to add them.

Reactions: onlineo and CMc1
Footings are in for the Oxford Redbridge superchargers.

Redbridge-supercharger-footings.jpg

For info - the Superchargers at Heathrow T5 are mostly out of action. All the 250kW versions are shut down and being used by the hotel for customer parking.

They've been removed from the in-car map so this is likely a permanent change.

Many vehicles queueing today followed by problems as they exceeded the 30 minutes free in the car park. Whether you get let out depends on the mood of the receptionists - they were only validating tickets for more than half an hour if you buy a drink in their cafe.

For info - the Superchargers at Heathrow T5 are mostly out of action. All the 250kW versions are shut down and being used by the hotel for customer parking.

Many vehicles queueing today followed by problems as they exceeded the 30 minutes free in the car park. Whether you get let out depends on the mood of the receptionists - they were only validating tickets for more than half an hour if you buy a drink in their cafe.
It was a complete disaster when I was there a couple of weeks ago, Waiting for a charge point to come available and they charge you for the pleasure.:mad:

Walking to the reception to ask what was happening.🥺

They told me if I spent money in the upstairs they would give me 4 hours for free, I of course needed to charge so got 4 hours.😫

Absolutely ridiculous and I for one will charge elsewhere in future. 😏
Heathrow Hilton parking ticket.JPG
Heathrow Hilton parking ticket1.JPG

Why they expanded this location is beyond me. I avoid chargers behind parking barriers at all costs, why should we have to pay a parking charge to refuel???

I read on another forum that booking a night + long stay parking at the hotel was a better deal than other nearby options. Maybe the hotel got so many bookings they allowed the supercharger bays to be used & now can’t move the vehicles until their owners return from holiday. If some are unavailable on the Nav, Tesla must be aware.

Hopefully this is a post-lockdown teething issue and not a long term change of policy in terms of hosting the Supercharger there.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for some custom to get a ticket validated for more than 30 mins but appreciate it’s frustrating if you have to wait 30 mins just to get access to a charger.

Update on Heathrow: I've just swung by again and all the charging points are open, although didn't get more than 160kW on the V3.

I guess the feedback got to the right person.

You have to take a ticket to get in, but the barrier is up on the exit lane at the moment so no time limit.

Reactions: cezdoc