Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe Milton Keynes has been removed! I'm sure it has the largest amount of Teslas outside of London šŸ˜
citation needed.
and even if true superchargers locations are not supposed to be based on where the Tesla's live they are based on where they are going and how they get there.
London is a bit of an exception but I suspect that is because there are so many people wealthy enough to afford a Tesla who do not have off street parking. In most of the rest of the country that is not so much the case

Reactions: CMc1
citation needed.
and even if true superchargers locations are not supposed to be based on where the Tesla's live they are based on where they are going and how they get there.
London is a bit of an exception but I suspect that is because there are so many people wealthy enough to afford a Tesla who do not have off street parking. In most of the rest of the country that is not so much the case

... and of course London is a magnet for people travelling long distances so useful for them to top up when they get there. I'm guessing more people travel to London from all parts of the country than choose to travel to Milton Keynes (I'm sure it's a lovely place nevertheless ...)

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„Boom. Just found the planning permission for ā€˜Dorkingā€™. Debbieā€™s Vineyard on the A24 RH5 6AA. 8x V3. Plus 3x AC

Attachments

• 12F839AB-8E72-4679-AA9C-A4F8A60599E4.png
    12F839AB-8E72-4679-AA9C-A4F8A60599E4.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 416
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
citation needed.
Although slightly in jest, it appears I was wrong:

"The number of Teslas on the road in the UK has jumped by 336% the past year, rising from 27,000 to 90,900. Milton Keynes has the most Teslas per capita in the UK." Number of Teslas on UK roads more than trebles in a year ā€“ here are the Tesla hotspots.

Who'd have guessed!

Nevertheless it raises a good point about those who need the service for longer distance travel and those who need it as they don't (for whatever reason) have access to a charger at home.

I always see Teslas at local supermarket chargers, more than any other car. Problem is, there aren't that many of them and they're 7kw - 50 which take a while. So there's definitely the audience that could potentially use more than 'long haul' travellers.

Reactions: Considered1
Although slightly in jest, it appears I was wrong:

"The number of Teslas on the road in the UK has jumped by 336% the past year, rising from 27,000 to 90,900. Milton Keynes has the most Teslas per capita in the UK." Number of Teslas on UK roads more than trebles in a year ā€“ here are the Tesla hotspots.

Who'd have guessed!

Nevertheless it raises a good point about those who need the service for longer distance travel and those who need it as they don't (for whatever reason) have access to a charger at home.

I always see Teslas at local supermarket chargers, more than any other car. Problem is, there aren't that many of them and they're 7kw - 50 which take a while. So there's definitely the audience that could potentially use more than 'long haul' travellers.
and also "the location of one of twenty-two UK Tesla dealerships" apparently. :rolleyes:

those who need the service for longer distance travel and those who need it as they don't (for whatever reason) have access to a charger at home

I expect that Supercharger is too fast for folk that don't have home-charging. Done in 20 minutes, and then you have to return to car, which makes it hard to get something else done in the time. At 50kW an hour or two is a more useful time interval to do other stuff ...

Used to be that the counter (in the car) of rapid charging would, after a significant number of rapid charges, reduce the rapid-charge-power to preserve battery life. I think current batteries are more able to tolerate high charge rates ... but maybe this is still an issue to consider? Either way I guess a car only charged with Rapid is probably not great for battery life.

I expect that Supercharger is too fast for folk that don't have home-charging. Done in 20 minutes, and then you have to return to car, which makes it hard to get something else done in the time. At 50kW an hour or two is a more useful time interval to do other stuff ...

Used to be that the counter (in the car) of rapid charging would, after a significant number of rapid charges, reduce the rapid-charge-power to preserve battery life. I think current batteries are more able to tolerate high charge rates ... but maybe this is still an issue to consider? Either way I guess a car only charged with Rapid is probably not great for battery life.
20mins doesn't need people need to leave their cars at all, and saves on parking charges at these shopping center sites. Lots of people seem to use White Cite and Canary Wharf like this. It's barely any different from taking an ICE to a petrol station.

A bit of peace and quiet and not at home?

Ah the Man Cave ... surely that demands more than a 20 minute charge? ... Got It! ... 20 minute charge, drive a couple of hours to use it up, then charge again.

I may be overthinking it? o_O

Their wives to finish shopping probably.

I didn't like to say ... :)

Charged at Eleveden late last night and the eight new V3 stalls look finished and temporarily fenced off.

All are aligned end on as opposed to flat (existing stalls) & with parking bays 'as normal' to the left. If one additional bay had been added to the (facing) right hand edge then all could be used by multiple brands if/when the network opens up. No apparent foresight for such a minor adaptation which could increase versatility and potentially minimise driver frustration? (....but this is Tesla)

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc