Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flint's about an hour away from us on our regular trips into North Wales so we're bound to need it sometimes

Ideal for return home charging.

For example, on a return trip, where you need a charge anyway, the charger nearest to destination (but which you can reach!!) is better than one nearer to your set-off point.

You might get held up in traffic / roadworks, so when you reach the one farther away you will have a much more accurate idea of how much you need to reach destination - and thus buy-less and stop-shorter. If traffic is really bad you may even be able to leapfrog that one for a location even nearer to destination (if there is one of course :) )

Reactions: Skenno
Michaelwood Superchargers - I know these are on the northbound side but can you access from the southbound side via bridge/slip road etc?
No, you have to go down to junction 14 and turn north. Then when you leave Michaelwood you will have to go north to junction 13 before you can go south. Yes, it's a pain! However, I think they are building a bridge between both sides atm.

No, you have to go down to junction 14 and turn north. Then when you leave Michaelwood you will have to go north to junction 13 before you can go south. Yes, it's a pain! However, I think they are building a bridge between both sides atm.
I think it may only be a footbridge. There was a footbridge that was demolished a couple of years ago.

They generally aren’t keen on letting you swap sides on motorway services even to charge, although there are exceptions such as Tebay.

You can now see them in the Tesla app if you tap on your profile at the top right and choose “Charge your Non-Tesla”

View attachment 805808
I guess these have been chosen for distribution and also these are less busy chargers as far as I can tell in the North. Stayed clear of the ones with the least availability. My local Dundee and Aviemore are good choices as they are not highly used and there are busier and better ones nearby (Perth and Inverness)

I don't think I've seen anything specific that could be linked to a Taunton site. The Taunton Tesla map marker has been around for a while but was given a more specific "Q3 2022" target date in April having previously been "2022" which is a step in the right direction albeit in the knowledge that the markers are far from trustworthy.

If you look at supercharge.info you'll see a "permit" marker nearby at Bridgewater which is connected with a proposed business park development - but that could be years away from being constructed. Locals may know more about possible sites in the area...
Thanks - there’s a big gap between Amesbury / solstice park and Taunton (I have relatives there. Would be a convenient place to grab a top up. As I’m coming from the A303 it would be a bit annoying if I had to go back up the road to bridge water but atleast it’s something.

Not great charging options from anyone in Taunton so hopefully something gets sorted out. Maybe not enough grid connectivity.

Sheffield / Meadowhall been mentioned? Any plans found?

1653222373246.png