Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scotch Corner update. It is a SC site so a little extra news.

The Scotch Corner hotel has now installed 7 x 7.3kw Type 2 destination chargers. They are only 30p/kWh as opposed to the 50p/kWh for the SC. If you are staying at the hotel it will provide a useful alternative. You need the Project EV app and sign up with a card etc

I was there on Sunday night and had just charged my car at the SC and had moved off to park up for the night when I found them. When entering the site you turn left at the front of the hotel for the SC's and right for the destination chargers.

Yes, Fleet South is definitely going to open and fairly soon. Source: Head of Supercharging U.K./Ireland at Tesla. It was never cancelled (they would have removed the hardware if it was) but it definitely got mothballed for a looooonnnggg time!
If this is due to making the breakthrough with power then it might also mean Fleet North also sees the covered stalls being opened. But the presence of the motorway between the two sites might mean the power supplies are completely different, we will have to see what happens.
Was at this site over the weekend - the Fleet South Services were almost completely full with hardly any parking spaces left - felt bad for non Tesla drivers as no one was parking in the empty charging spaces due to the parking restriction signs in place.
Whose duty would it be to get these parking signs removed until the site opens - would that be the services responsibility or the Tesla Supercharger teams?
Feel like I should be highlighting to someone somehow but not sure who!

Capture.PNG

• Disagree
Reactions: Rustybkts
An alternative if travelling through this area on way to coast is Sevenoaks too. Will have a look at Ruxley this weekend. 👍🏻
That is in my list of options, tho not ideal. We're from South coast (Pompey) and heading to Stratford so using Ruxley on way back would be idea, alternately it's the new ones at the O2 which might be best placed or even the new fastened station that has just opened that way. Nice to see other options coming on stream

Reactions: orangespoon
That is in my list of options, tho not ideal. We're from South coast (Pompey) and heading to Stratford so using Ruxley on way back would be idea, alternately it's the new ones at the O2 which might be best placed or even the new fastened station that has just opened that way. Nice to see other options coming on stream
Have the ones at the O2 reopened. They still show as closed for me

Having looked in the car it appears that the ones at the O2 aren't open yet, tho they looks ready according to a post a long way back on thos thread. No doubt they and Ruxley manor will both come on stream the day after I need them...sevenoaks here we come!

Though did notice as well as the fastened just down the road there is also 8 mfg charges close by as well

Was at this site over the weekend - the Fleet South Services were almost completely full with hardly any parking spaces left - felt bad for non Tesla drivers as no one was parking in the empty charging spaces due to the parking restriction signs in place.
Whose duty would it be to get these parking signs removed until the site opens - would that be the services responsibility or the Tesla Supercharger teams?
Feel like I should be highlighting to someone somehow but not sure who!

View attachment 814523
I was thinking the same thing. There are a lot of spaces, jsut going unused for years. As much as I abhor ICEing (and the identical crime of EVing: parking in a charging space but not charging) This is an exceptional site. It hasn't been functional for so long now, it's just taking up half a row of spaces for no reason.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Ruxley not ready yet. Still big holes for final cable laying. I can say for sure you should avoid this supercharger on Christmas/bank-holiday weekends as the garden centre car park gets packed and they are likely to get ICEd.

Attachments

• EBC94545-9ADE-4A69-9714-8FE94AF8CC81.jpeg
    EBC94545-9ADE-4A69-9714-8FE94AF8CC81.jpeg
    582.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Reactions: cezdoc
I'm planning a trip (when I get my Y in 2 weeks time) to Cornwall. What's the supercharging situation like down there? I'll be going to the St Austell area. Thanks
Not a lot after Gordano services on the M5 (one in Redruth but that is probably further into Cornwall that you were planning to go). have a look on Zapmap, there'll probably be plenty of other chargers.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
I'm planning a trip (when I get my Y in 2 weeks time) to Cornwall. What's the supercharging situation like down there? I'll be going to the St Austell area. Thanks
Not really the right thread. This one is supposed to be news about changes to superchargers. maybe start a new one. I will happily comment just not here.