Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been any news about either the Fleet Southbound superchargers or the 2nd half of the Northbound superchargers?

Feels like they've had the stalls there for a couple years and literally nothing has happened
Nope. In the nearly 5 years I’ve had my Tesla both Fleet SuC sites have been in a state of pause related to the limited supply capacity. I’ve heard all sorts of stories as to the whys and wherefores…but no change.

Has there been any news about either the Fleet Southbound superchargers or the 2nd half of the Northbound superchargers?

Feels like they've had the stalls there for a couple years and literally nothing has happened
Apparently you asked the same thing a month ago? The only thing that has happened on site is covers being added to the uncommissioned stalls in 2021 but there are plenty of rumours of behind-the-scenes activity, as per @PB1975 's answer to your previous post.
Yes, Fleet South is definitely going to open and fairly soon. Source: Head of Supercharging U.K./Ireland at Tesla. It was never cancelled (they would have removed the hardware if it was) but it definitely got mothballed for a looooonnnggg time!
If this is due to making the breakthrough with power then it might also mean Fleet North also sees the covered stalls being opened. But the presence of the motorway between the two sites might mean the power supplies are completely different, we will have to see what happens.

Reactions: PB1975 and CMc1
Official Nav name for Tongham/Farnham/Hog's Back: Tongham, UK

TonghamNav_sm.jpg

I just stumbled across a couple of minor updates to Tesla's coming soon marker target dates on their UK supercharger list: Exeter from Q2 to Q3 2022, East Leeds from Q3 to Q4 2022 and Brighton from 2022 to TBC (Brighton Station remains as Q4 2022). This may mean nothing but on the other hand randomly picking out 3 of the numerous markers for updates would be oddly perplexing.

I've updated the tables in the wikipost accordingly.

Official Nav name for Tongham/Farnham/Hog's Back: Tongham, UK

View attachment 816380
I charged here yesterday. Its located on the left-hand side of the Hogs back Hotel car park. You will need to enter your license place at the hotel reception when your on site. There is no charge for this, but failure to do so will result in a fine. This is in place 24 hours.

The Tongham card on your display seems unusual in that it does not give a warning to book in. I thought that was the norm where there was a known booking in problem, eg Scotch Corner etc?

I think that might just be "early days". The site isn't on web site yet ... and when it is maybe that, and the SatNav, will update with that information?

We'll see in a few days ...

But if it was my outfit we'd have an SOP for data collection for such things, and it would then become a very rare thing for something like that to get missed ... or "arrive late"

• Informative
Reactions: Overworked
🔥The additional ‘Heathrow‘ Supercharger site is now identified and located! It’s at the Renaissance Hotel, Bath Rd, Hounslow TW6 2AQ. Witness didn’t notice how many boxes of tombstones and cabinets there were so it is unclear of the number of bays but building is underway.

Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
Work definitely under way, but I think it will be some time yet I before it's ready to roll. Workers are connecting power to the substation in the corner of the car park but no trenching started yet.

I could see two boxes of 4(?) chargers.

I'm assuming they're going to be V3 but it's hard to tell as they're a bit squished. Barriers to get into the car park (entrance is off the Nene Rd / Bath Rd junction).

Attachments

• PXL_20220617_093838567.jpg
    PXL_20220617_093838567.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 133
  • PXL_20220617_093859775.jpg
    PXL_20220617_093859775.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 11.04.28.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 11.04.28.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 142