Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure I read, correctly or not, that they will be going to 800v but also have a substantial amount of battery storage, hopefully enabling them to be installed at more locations and also reducing charging costs.
Battery storage at SuC sites will still be rare. I was talking to the SuC team on this subject and it is still cost-prohibitive so almost always makes the RoI calculation worse.

Reactions: m3gt2
Abington update. There are now 8 bases installed (non-Tesla). They are on the end four bays back-to-back on each side of the divide just uphill and opposite the Tesla SC's.

As the SC here often has a short delay, there are already 2 x Gridserve chargers available if needed. Eight more chargers will help! I got a slow charge on 1A there on Wednesday (34kw and no higher at any point, 1B came after me and he then started drawing 55kw - and the car display said 1B was offline!) so packed up and went to Gretna as all other chargers were taken. All SC were full at Gretna but I got the 10% I needed to complete the journey at Gridserve as price is comparable. Teslas were queuing but the Gridserve were available alongside.

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Looks like Rugby Services might be accepting non-Tesla cars charging on the Superchargers. There were three non-Teslas plugged in there yesterday, so either three people were very confused or it's open to all. Although, ironically, because of this I ended up blocking a Gridserve chargers which take almost twice as long.

Looks like Rugby Services might be accepting non-Tesla cars charging on the Superchargers. There were three non-Teslas plugged in there yesterday, so either three people were very confused or it's open to all. Although, ironically, because of this I ended up blocking a Gridserve chargers which take almost twice as long.
Rugby is still not open to non Tesla vehicles according to their own info on this page.

Can’t see why there would be multiple cars plugged in there if they don’t work. There was no one in them so I couldn’t ask in person. Perhaps it’s free at the moment until they officially add it to the app?

There was a bug a couple of years ago (long before Tesla announced opening the charging network) whereby some other cars with CCS could charge for free on (some?) Superchargers. Perhaps there's something similar happening here.

Rugby is one of the few (probably only) sites where I’ve seen Tesla using a Starlink Dishy for telemetry…

73685424-F541-4C6C-BC65-CC1144FDE0D5.jpeg

Let’s hope Tesla UK can follow a similar model once business rates are capped.
Didn't you receive the Tesla email about this?

"Tesla’s charging network in Europe just reached over 10,000 Superchargers—with more to come.

As we expand, we’re also working to offer more cost-effective charging options. Starting on October 11, we’re offering an overnight discount at specific charging locations, with new locations being added over the coming weeks.

When you charge during non-peak hours, you’ll get a lower rate while reducing pressure on your local energy grid. "

"Tesla’s charging network in Europe just reached over 10,000 Superchargers—with more to come.

As we expand, we’re also working to offer more cost-effective charging options. Starting on October 11, we’re offering an overnight discount at specific charging locations, with new locations being added over the coming weeks.

When you charge during non-peak hours, you’ll get a lower rate while reducing pressure on your local energy grid. "
Yes, it seems our friends over the pond here get a way bigger discount than us :(

Reactions: Adopado
IIRC Starlink was also going to provide a local wifi connection for entertainment/streaming purposes while Teslas charge.. do the cars now connect to this local starlink wifi when nearby?
I'm pretty sure I've noticed my car connect to the "Tesla Service" wi-fi network at a supercharger that wasn't at a service centre. Can't remember which one, though. EDIT: Could well have been Leicester, in fact.

Reactions: JupiterMan

Mad that they think anything up to midnight is 'peak'.