Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The off peak charging, where it’s in place, starts at 10pm.

I’m heading back home from London at 8:30pm on Saturday evening so I’m planning on a short top up at cheaper rates after 10pm.
if you are on a journey that crosses the cheap rate boundary I wonder if the car will prioritise stops during the cheap period to take advantage?
Just recently the recommended stop times have made no sense to me. I was recommended a quick halt and volt stop near the start of my journey recently (which I ignored) . by the time I got half way the car had realised ( what I already knew) that I was not going to need one at all so if I had taken the stop I would have wasted time and money. I could only guess it thought the nearest charger was quiet so get it out of the way. I think they might be prioritising load management what is best for the individual or something like that?

if you are on a journey that crosses the cheap rate boundary I wonder if the car will prioritise stops during the cheap period to take advantage?
Just recently the recommended stop times have made no sense to me. I was recommended a quick halt and volt stop near the start of my journey recently (which I ignored) . by the time I got half way the car had realised ( what I already knew) that I was not going to need one at all so if I had taken the stop I would have wasted time and money. I could only guess it thought the nearest charger was quiet so get it out of the way. I think they might be prioritising load management what is best for the individual or something like that?
In this case, I left London with a SOC of 100%. It needed a very short stop to get me home and it recommended Keele. I’d probably expect that heading home via the M40 and the M6 Toll so it’s difficult to tell if it did it based on cost. It often prioritises V3 chargers over V2, but it ignored the only V3 (Banbury) on the route home presumably because it would have charged slowly due to still having a high SOC.

I ended up avoiding the M6 Toll as it was quite late and used my preferred stop at Hilton Park, where there are more chargers, although a couple look to be out of order and have been for a while now.

After a trip to Inverness in June I emailed Tesla support about the incorrect location of the chargers at Perth. They finally replied last week, only a 4 month wait, to advise that they are reviewing my email.

I’ve just had a quick check and they are now marked in the correct location on the Park and Ride car park and not in McDonalds car park.
Wow, a reply from Tesla that's a collector's item, and on top of that some tangible action -great result 😆!

Was the incorrect location shown on the Nav or the website? I've used Perth a few times but can't remember if the Nav took me all the way to the chargers. More than once I've turned left too early and ended up in the petrol station but I don't think I've ever carried on to McDonalds. There's something about the entrance to the Park and Ride that makes it feel a bit hidden and easy to miss (for me)- maybe because the car park is obscured by trees whereas the petrol station and McDonalds/Travelodge/Diner are much more open and easy to spot on approach.

• Funny
Reactions: Godsense
Leicester also has Starlink
Wyboston too..as I just discovered.

Appear to be for telemetry/service only. WiFi reports “Tesla Service” SSID

Attachments

• 734B08A7-68D8-49E3-AFC6-525967676F53.jpeg
    734B08A7-68D8-49E3-AFC6-525967676F53.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 1D48AB5B-B474-408A-832A-5C4AD0589505.jpeg
    1D48AB5B-B474-408A-832A-5C4AD0589505.jpeg
    913.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DF0B9BFE-412E-4A26-8FBD-1922674815C1.jpeg
    DF0B9BFE-412E-4A26-8FBD-1922674815C1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: busterboy and m3gt2
On the table on page 1 of this discussion, there is a huge list of sites apparently opening in "Q1 2023". It seems almost all of the planned sites are set for that date. Do we know if this is in any way accurate? Or is this just wishful thinking for Tesla?

On the table on page 1 of this discussion, there is a huge list of sites apparently opening in "Q1 2023". It seems almost all of the planned sites are set for that date. Do we know if this is in any way accurate? Or is this just wishful thinking for Tesla?
Tesla's last major marker update was in August when a lot of these "Q1 2023" markers appeared (or other existing markers were bumped to then); the list is due an overhaul not least because there are still a couple of now out-of-date "Q3 2022" markers on there.

We try to add any confirmed activity to the wiki table; based on the fact that most don't have any planning or construction leads (construction started at two, three others mentioned in planning applications) and we're nearly into November I think the majority will not materialise in Q1 2023 so the timing looks wishful even if there is progress being made behind the scenes.

Reactions: adsheff
I would really really like them to open the SC site at Taunton as it would make my life a lot easier.

Sadly I think it’s been on the coming soon list for years so I’m doubtful it’s anything other than an aspiration at this point! So personally I would not read too much into it.

Reactions: adsheff
I would really really like them to open the SC site at Taunton as it would make my life a lot easier.

Sadly I think it’s been on the coming soon list for years so I’m doubtful it’s anything other than an aspiration at this point! So personally I would not read too much into it.
Then Tesla still haven't got over this thing of promising dates that never happen. Not sure why they don't just put "Coming soon" on them.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Looks like construction has started in Belfast, 4x bases now in place 4x destination chargers too i'd assume for SC use only.
Construction now properly underway at the new Heathrow Superchargers (at the Renaissance Hotel at the end of the M4 spur). 12 bases in and electrical work in progress.
Any photos please so I can update relevant sites?

• Helpful
Reactions: Jayster