Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just owning a Tesla gets you the "Members rate"? or do you have to be subscribing to Premium connectivity? (Newbie so go easy on me :) )
You are correct. No subscription required for member rates if you have a Tesla. but we should really be keeping this thread for site news so if you have any further questions maybe look for a non sticky thread to ask them on.

Reactions: CMc1
Is the Supercharger site at the Tesla Centre at Gatwick open at night? Planning on going there at about 8pm on Friday
Adsheff, it is but there’s absolutely nothing open after close of business including loos so arrive with everything you need bought or done as it really is a ’sit and wait for it to charge’ location. I do quite a lot at Hive Studios there and leave late for a long trek back to Lancs. Great to have it but it isn’t one I’d choose if I need to do other things.

Reactions: adsheff
Adsheff, it is but there’s absolutely nothing open after close of business including loos so arrive with everything you need bought or done as it really is a ’sit and wait for it to charge’ location. I do quite a lot at Hive Studios there and leave late for a long trek back to Lancs. Great to have it but it isn’t one I’d choose if I need to do other things.
Thanks. Yes it looked like that on the map. Going away for a week from Gatwick, and would like the car to be fullish on return so can drive home without stopping, so the nearest location to Gatwick the better.

On that note, it still amazes me the amount of airport parking and hotels who don't have slow chargers for long stays, or who have a single rapid in the corner, which is no use to man nor beast. Surely it'd be an easy money maker for them? £50 to leave your car plugged in while on holiday, boom.

I went to the Reading service centre Superchargers yesterday without first looking at the screen on my car, big mistake. The car park through the chargers is all dug up and it looks like more cable work is being done. Looks like it's going to take a little while to complete.

• Informative
Reactions: thax1
i thought non-Tesla vehicles pay more per kWh at Tesla supercharger.

Apparently not. In fact, we pay more at Adderstone!

I charged there at the end of October and was charged £0.55 / kWh (+VAT), so £0.66 / kWh.

I have a friend with a Polestar. He charged there last week and was charged £0.42 / kWh (+VAT), so £0.50 / kWh.

that’s a difference of 16p / kWh. Not impressed tbh.

I charged there at the end of October and was charged £0.55 / kWh (+VAT), so £0.66 / kWh.

I have a friend with a Polestar. He charged there last week and was charged £0.42 / kWh (+VAT), so £0.50 / kWh.

Prices dropped last week. It still is more expensive for non Teslas.

If you went there now you would have paid ~34p

Reactions: Burratha
Thanks for the update. Tesla did push the Glasgow target date from Q3 to Q4 2022 when they updated their map markers earlier this month, so that appears to reflect the reality on the ground (& is better than them just removing the marker).
Still no apparent progress on the 8 Superchargers at Glasgow SC and unlikely now to make Q4 (previously Q3) target, hopefully Q1 2023 !

Peterborough no longer appears as 'coming in Q1 2023'. That didn't last long.
All is not lost: Peterborough is one of a number of Tesla's coming soon markers that disappeared from their map one or two weeks ago but still have a working web link (others can be checked by following the links on this thread's wiki post). It remains to be seen if the web links eventually disappear though, and all coming soon markers should be treated as aspirational until firmer evidence of progress appears.

The Dorking and Guildford Superchargers will be interesting when they open as both feature wall connectors for destination charging. This could mean that they will be the first sites Tesla provide AC charging paid-for using the app (non-Tesla) or automatically by account (Tesla). I've always thought Tesla have a great opportunity to do for AC charging what they’ve done for Supercharging, so I hope we start to see large-scale AC-charging hubs rolled out.

Reactions: CMc1 and Neilio