Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just done a trip south from Aberdeenshire to Bucks via Abington n/s, Charnock Richards( access roads not via the nav route) and Hopwood Park (very busy, the whole site, not just superchargers)
I hadn't realised just how dynamic the supercharger pricing was. I planned the English part of the route last night, in the car looking at lowest prices for the route. CharnockR of 47p/kW and 48p for Hopwood and 46p for Abington, worked for us
Today I paid in the 50s p for both CR and Hopwood 52p I think it was.
I hasn't realised these prices would change daily.
Did a similar run today but stopped at Gretna Green.

Only 4 chargers. All occupied and waiting for 30mins. Not great but it’s Boxing Day so bound to be busy I suppose. The nearby Ionity chargers were similarly utilised.

On the plus side there looked to be some new chargers going in. Maybe more Superchargers?

Only 4 chargers. All occupied and waiting for 30mins. Not great but it’s Boxing Day so bound to be busy I suppose. The nearby Ionity chargers were similarly utilised.

On the plus side there looked to be some new chargers going in. Maybe more Superchargers?
Gretna Green is a Welcome Break service area. Welcome Break were bought up by a company called Applegreen and petrol forecourts at WB services and other locations are now being rebranded to Applegreen. Applegreen also do EV charging in Ireland and I believe in the USA as well.

Applegreen put their own branded chargers into South Mimms services a while back. There are several WB sites now that look to be having Applegreen chargers put in, so any activity is more likely to be this than additional Tesla Superchargers.

I’m off for a break in Scotland next year and Gretna are the last Superchargers on the route so I’m in two minds as to whether I should stop there or find a 50 kW charger between the motorway and the hotel instead.

Reactions: HaggisMan

Calling in there tomorrow, doing Kinross - Cockermouth - Chorley for family visits, Gretna makes the most sense to stop at, just hoping for a quieter day on the chargers.

The M6 north of Cheshire and all the way to Glasgow on the M74 does really need a bit of an upgrade supercharger wise.

Does anyone know what happened with fleet eastbound?
Westbound has been in purgatory since the dawn of time, but noticed recently that the half of the eastbound chargers that had never been energized have been rebadged by some other network!
Seems crazy, if there is a decent grid connection there, for Tesla to voluntarily leave extra bays not connected. Fleet isn't *that* busy any time I've been there, but sales are accelerating...