Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Black M3P with tints and chrome delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid £350 for my dechrome in Satin Black and another £30 for some satin black caps for the logos. Could have saved a bit by doing it myself but not enough to warrant the risk of screwing it up.

View attachment 564836
View attachment 564838
That looks amazing. Subtle but clearly better than stock. The first picture posted on this thread looked a bit OTT. It kind of looked like the key fob

Xpel ppf comes in ultimate I think which is gloss and stealth which I have which has a matte finish. Gve detailing in uxbridge did it, I've been away this week and doing a lot of driving and I've had one scratch which doesn't seem to feel deep when running finger tip across yet hot water on it doesn't seem to do much healing though it's supposed to! I have a follow up with them later in the month, I'll recommend after that if all goes well
Thanks for that. I was steered towards another PPF make which has worked well and does self-heal - but not in a matt finish unfortunately. Keen to hear how your review goes because the car does look very nice!

Midlands members, if you are after a de chrome (as well as numerous other treatments) I can wholeheartedly recommend Adam and AutoDreamworks who are based between Lichfield and Tamworth. They’ve done a fantastic job on my M3P today, I think it is a great improvement on the standard look.
Adam can be contacted on 07908 474789.
Before and after pics (before in the sunshine, taken this morning)

Attachments

• 221D7721-9208-46BB-824B-D8D289816A3E.jpeg
    221D7721-9208-46BB-824B-D8D289816A3E.jpeg
    767.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 6CB61252-4061-4245-AB01-C27BE26FB207.jpeg
    6CB61252-4061-4245-AB01-C27BE26FB207.jpeg
    690.9 KB · Views: 136
  • A0E08B2E-62EB-4A85-A67F-37BFA1B85749.jpeg
    A0E08B2E-62EB-4A85-A67F-37BFA1B85749.jpeg
    722.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 92D83BD1-C44B-4D60-B888-8A0BC189A96F.jpeg
    92D83BD1-C44B-4D60-B888-8A0BC189A96F.jpeg
    722.2 KB · Views: 130
Midlands members, if you are after a de chrome (as well as numerous other treatments) I can wholeheartedly recommend Adam and AutoDreamworks who are based between Lichfield and Tamworth. They’ve done a fantastic job on my M3P today, I think it is a great improvement on the standard look.
Adam can be contacted on 07908 474789.
Before and after pics (before in the sunshine, taken this morning)
Looks good, what % did you go for?

Just thought I'd resurrect this.

I'm being quoted £450+VAT (so £540) from a place in Bristol. This would be chrome delete on the trim, wing mirrors and door handles. It seems on the high side price wise, but the owner has pretty much said it is what it is, and that he's aware that other places are cheaper.

He does appear to come highly recommended, with a lot of independant positive reviews. From a previous car he's done it looks like he actually takes the wingmirror off the car and disassembles it, to do a proper job with it, which is appealing.

I don't think he takes the handles off though, is that typical?

Thanks in advance.

I paid £350 for my dechrome in Satin Black and another £30 for some satin black caps for the logos. Could have saved a bit by doing it myself but not enough to warrant the risk of screwing it up.

View attachment 564836
View attachment 564838

That was a great price, I have been working through the NP matte black, and for the extra £150 I would of preferred to get it professionally done.

Can I ask where you got the logo caps, I haven't seen them before, and the decal I got sent just covers the top, you still see the chrome at the sides.

That was a great price, I have been working through the NP matte black, and for the extra £150 I would of preferred to get it professionally done.

Can I ask where you got the logo caps, I haven't seen them before, and the decal I got sent just covers the top, you still see the chrome at the sides.
Got the caps from Greendrive in France. I think they're out of stock now so maybe try Torque Alliance?

This was the only other seller I found for the matt black online:

Tesla Logo For model-3 Carbon-Fiber Front-Logo ABS For Tesla Model S Model 3

Reactions: j1mgg
Just thought I'd resurrect this.

I'm being quoted £450+VAT (so £540) from a place in Bristol. This would be chrome delete on the trim, wing mirrors and door handles. It seems on the high side price wise, but the owner has pretty much said it is what it is, and that he's aware that other places are cheaper.

He does appear to come highly recommended, with a lot of independant positive reviews. From a previous car he's done it looks like he actually takes the wingmirror off the car and disassembles it, to do a proper job with it, which is appealing.

I don't think he takes the handles off though, is that typical?

Thanks in advance.
My installer didn't remove the wing mirrors or the door handles yet I'm still happy with the work.

I imagine the door cards would need to come off to remove the door handles so could be quite a lot of extra work given it's not going to be an area you really notice.

Also, given there needs to be a seam somewhere, you might not want it to be on the rear side of the door handles where people would generally be applying friction to as the wrap may detach over time.

Here's a picture of my door handle if it's helpful:

20200923_191014.jpg

Reactions: Durzel
I still worry if the door handle wraps will be resilient enough if/when (personally experienced this several times during the winter that needed a fist punch to resolve) the handles freeze closed due to ice built up between handle and bodywork.

I still worry if the door handle wraps will be resilient enough if/when (personally experienced this several times during the winter that needed a fist punch to resolve) the handles freeze closed due to ice built up between handle and bodywork.
Give it a couple more weeks in Scotland and I'll let you know.

Had thought about the plastic caps on the handles instead of the wrap. ABS should be more resilient and would also hide oily fingerprint marks.

How much were you charged @Medved_77 if you don’t mind me asking?

To be honest I’m not too fussed about the door handles, I wouldn’t want the door cards taken apart to do them as it would create a lot of extra work and scope for damage etc.

EDIT: I’m blind, you said the price above.