Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all,

Sorry for all the questions, after having a drive of my car my friend wants his own Tesla now and as the Tesla guy I’m getting a lot of questions 🤣.

Has anyone bought a used car from Tesla? I’m assuming it’s similar to buying new but what happens if he goes to collect it and it’s got issues? Such as a scuff, damaged wheels etc.

Thanks all

There are still cars on Tesla inventory that are "pre reg" cars, but basically brand new sold as "demo cars". For demo cars/used cars, they do list what they deem as acceptable conditions on the listing page, which seems scary to me tbh. I'll be collecting my model Y this Fri travelling all the way to Southampton from the midlands!

1672221591237.png

There are still cars on Tesla inventory that are "pre reg" cars, but basically brand new sold as "demo cars". For demo cars/used cars, they do list what they deem as acceptable conditions on the listing page, which seems scary to me tbh. I'll be collecting my model Y this Fri travelling all the way to Southampton from the midlands!

View attachment 889516
Agree. You could have a lot of small damage which is “fine”.

Reactions: Ricecooker
Do you have a reg number yet? When do you collect? I didnt think Tesla do any pre reg at all (so you're the second owner on V5). I got my reg and VIN, and mine wasnt a pre reg

I'm collecting this Fri, and yes I've got my reg and vin. I haven't checked myself so not 100% sure, but yes I'll be the second owner first owner being Tesla, I'm taking the adviser's word for it!

Reactions: Rob Rides EMTB
Reactions: Ricecooker
Cool! Enjoy collection day!

Might be able to check your reg history here, if its already been registered.

Thank you, likewise enjoy your collection day tomorrow : )

Yes mine was listed as "Less than 50 mile odometer" demo car, £3000 off. I checked tesla-info it only has 6 miles on the odometer, and adviser confirmed it is basically brand new.

Sadly using the reg vehicle wasn't found, I guess I need to wait for the logbook to confirm!

Well it's not a great start for the guy. He has seen a M3P he likes for and I told him to use Tesla Info which he has but he wanted to confirm the spec with Tesla so he calls them today and after being on hold ages the sales representative couldn't confirm the battery pack, Ryzen etc so it's take a punt on a near £60k car.

He would need to use finance so I guess it won't be straightforward to reject the car.

Well it's not a great start for the guy. He has seen a M3P he likes for and I told him to use Tesla Info which he has but he wanted to confirm the spec with Tesla so he calls them today and after being on hold ages the sales representative couldn't confirm the battery pack, Ryzen etc so it's take a punt on a near £60k car.

He would need to use finance so I guess it won't be straightforward to reject the car.
Is this from Tesla? They state the year, VIN and warranty start date (i.e. when it was delivered) on the website.

Reactions: boombap
Re buying from the inventory -

I occasionally see a car that like a very good buy, and sooner or later I may impulsively part with a deposit.

What happens if you buy? I'm searching by my postcode, and the site is telling me cars are in Corby, which is manageably close to me, It then says the cars are to be collected from Edinburgh, which isn't. Is that normal?

So far as I can tell pricing seems vague and erratic. If it was anyone buy Tesla I'd be seeing enough warning signs to leave them the hell alone, but they do know what they're doing, right?

Reactions: Exy1