Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds great, where is that? local?

Reactions: WllXM
Hi, any recommendations of good Hypervolt installers in Milton Keynes?
I'm in Peterborough and I was recommended Ecology via Hypervolt, and have installed booked for later this month. The price is very reasonable and Sam was a pleasure to speak with via email.

I'm in Peterborough and I was recommended Ecology via Hypervolt, and have installed booked for later this month. The price is very reasonable and Sam was a pleasure to speak with via email.

Thanks MattM76, I will give them a try.

Reactions: MattM76
Would like some thoughts on the following for a charger placement. We finally had an offer accepted on a new property that has ample driveway space and an adjacent garage (so long fighting for on street parking space and yay to home charging!). The garage is large in size 654cm x 314cm and has a side access door, however, the garage door width is pretty small 214cm. The Wife isn't keen for us to use the garage for parking as she's still scared from the time we test drove an ID3 and (I) tried reversing it in our current tiny 60's single garage and knocking the wing mirror off in the process - a £250 lesson learnt there.

I'm thinking to install the charger inside the garage near the access door. When I need to charge the car, park up next to the garage, where it would be 100% of the time if I weren't using the garage, wedge the door slightly ajar and feed the charging cable through the gap. I did have a crazy idea of changing the door to have a cat flap and feed the charging cable through that! Or should I quit with this nonsense and just have the charger installed on the exterior of the garage. My reasoning for installing it in the garage is that it would be better protected from the elements in the long run, and while the neighbourhood is extremely safe (most of Bath is anyway) having it inside a garage would offer a layer of security and added peace of mind.

Also if anyone can recommend any local installers of EV chargers that cover Bath BA1 area that would be greatly appreciated!

Would like some thoughts on the following for a charger placement. We finally had an offer accepted on a new property that has ample driveway space and an adjacent garage (so long fighting for on street parking space and yay to home charging!). The garage is large in size 654cm x 314cm and has a side access door, however, the garage door width is pretty small 214cm. The Wife isn't keen for us to use the garage for parking as she's still scared from the time we test drove an ID3 and (I) tried reversing it in our current tiny 60's single garage and knocking the wing mirror off in the process - a £250 lesson learnt there.

I'm thinking to install the charger inside the garage near the access door. When I need to charge the car, park up next to the garage, where it would be 100% of the time if I weren't using the garage, wedge the door slightly ajar and feed the charging cable through the gap. I did have a crazy idea of changing the door to have a cat flap and feed the charging cable through that! Or should I quit with this nonsense and just have the charger installed on the exterior of the garage. My reasoning for installing it in the garage is that it would be better protected from the elements in the long run, and while the neighbourhood is extremely safe (most of Bath is anyway) having it inside a garage would offer a layer of security and added peace of mind.

Also if anyone can recommend any local installers of EV chargers that cover Bath BA1 area that would be greatly appreciated!
chargers are well suitable to be used outside.

It would be too much hassle to return home and get into the garage just to get the charging cable...

Reactions: Spacemanwho
Does anyone have any experience with the Rolec Wall Pod? It is the unit my electrician prefers to install.
Do a forum search for “Rolec”
The criticisms will far exceed the good comments.
Most people find the products to be of very poor quality.
Rolec have some good points, as the internal components are all industry standard compatible readily available off the shelf items from good electrical factors, the Rolec rubbish can easily be replaced with decent quality items when they (inevitably) fail

I did see some poor feedback about their older products, but I was looking for specific information about their new(ish) Wall Pod product.

I am thinking the smart charging app will be redundant is it will be better to let the Tesla control the charging.

I did see some poor feedback about their older products, but I was looking for specific information about their new(ish) Wall Pod product.

I am thinking the smart charging app will be redundant is it will be better to let the Tesla control the charging.
AFAIAC in this case I don’t believe the leopard has changed it’s spots.
AFA letting your Tesla control the charging… good luck wi TV h that as well! Just remember the Tesla software will let you control EITHER. charge start time OR charge end time but NOT both😡

AFAIAC in this case I don’t believe the leopard has changed it’s spots.
AFA letting your Tesla control the charging… good luck wi TV h that as well! Just remember the Tesla software will let you control EITHER. charge start time OR charge end time but NOT both😡
The Tesla control has never been a problem for me. Set a start time and adjust the charge set point to have the car finish by the end time you want. It would be better to be able to set both begin and finish times, but it is easy to work with what is currently provided.

Reactions: Adopado
The Tesla control has never been a problem for me. Set a start time and adjust the charge set point to have the car finish by the end time you want. It would be better to be able to set both begin and finish times, but it is easy to work with what is currently provided.
Agreed, it’s not too difficult to overcome, but my point was what you acknowledge, “it would be better to be able to set both”

Glasgow area - just got mine fitted today by Smarter Utility Ltd.

Smarter Utility Ltd
Tel. 0141 266 0282
Website
Email. [email protected]

Nice tidy job done by Steven - fitted in about 3 hours. Unit is a Ohme Home Pro provided FOC by Octopus as part of my lease.

All I need now is something to plug it into!

Funnily enough, Smarter Utility were the only company that responded for my request of a quote from the Myenergi/Zappi site. Didn't proceed with them, though quote wise they were pretty competitive from the ones I got in the central belt.

Incase others in the area were looking for another recommendation, we went with We Love Your Electrics. Quick process from initial contact to installation. The guys were pretty efficient and took around 3 hours as well. I'd keep an eye out on their website to see if they have an offer on, they had a £100 off charge point installation in May and June.

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations in the SW London (Wimbledon, Raynes Park, New Malden, Kingston) area. I don't know which charger to get as it's all quite overwhelming haha, so someone who's got experience of a few and can tell me pros/cons would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Caramel
Hello, I'm looking for recommendations in the SW London (Wimbledon, Raynes Park, New Malden, Kingston) area. I don't know which charger to get as it's all quite overwhelming haha, so someone who's got experience of a few and can tell me pros/cons would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
They all charge your car at near enough the same rate (7kW ish). The distinction is down to appearance and features. You're going to have to work out what features you want/need. Do you want to coordinate with solar ... will you be planning to "load share" with another charge point in the future? Unfortunately the cheaper options are reducing by the minute due to "smart" features that are being required by government.

Some people survive just using the supplied UMC (a portable charge point that can be plugged into the mains).

Every aspect has already been discussed on this forum so get searching! ... and good luck!

Reactions: Toblerone
I had my Hypervolt installed this morning and I'm really happy with Ecology who installed it. Very polite, friendly and done in just over 90 mins.

A new fusebox was fitted in the meter cupboard for the charger. It's a shame I'm going to have to wait until September to use it.

1656580971045.png
1656581171260.png

Reactions: scriptedpixels