Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Tesla Wall Connector fitted this week by LJN Electrical - I'm in south Manchester. Luke did a great job, with superb comms throughout. I supplied the TWC and the GARO G8EV40PMEB that was installed, Luke supplied the rest of the kit. Charged a fair price for a 35m cable run from my property to the installation site.

He currently isn't on the OLEV scheme but is looking to get on it soon - that didn't make any difference to me due to the fact my install wasn't eligible anyway.

I had my Tesla Wall Connector fitted this week by LJN Electrical - I'm in south Manchester. Luke did a great job, with superb comms throughout. I supplied the TWC and the GARO G8EV40PMEB that was installed, Luke supplied the rest of the kit. Charged a fair price for a 35m cable run from my property to the installation site.

He currently isn't on the OLEV scheme but is looking to get on it soon - that didn't make any difference to me due to the fact my install wasn't eligible anyway.
Do you mind revealing the total cost please? DM me if you don't want to tell all!

Do get multiple quotes from different sources. I found my quote from Mr Charger very expensive. They didn't get the job.

any recommendations for the south/south east? (I’m im Windsor). Mr charger says £775 for the socket Zappi inc grant so probably around £800 for the tethered? That lines up with the quote from HomeZap I got yesterday. Happy to save a bit on that if its on the high side.

any recommendations for the south/south east? (I’m im Windsor). Mr charger says £775 for the socket Zappi inc grant so probably around £800 for the tethered? That lines up with the quote from HomeZap I got yesterday. Happy to save a bit on that if its on the high side.
Zappi isn't the cheapest charger on the market and so I reckon that price is proably about right.

Any recommendations for South East Wales anyone? Thanks
I used Smart Home Charge (Compare home EV chargers | Smart Home Charge) and their local chap for Cardiff was excellent. Fitted an Andersen A2 nice and neatly, and even knew about some of the errors in Andersen's installation guide. Price was good as well, and they're fully competent with the installation grant as well.

Reactions: Puzuk
For anyone in Leeds I can thoroughly recommend Graham Scott at OLEV Approved EV Installations. I spoke with most of the local installers and some never showed up for surveys, others had massive waits, and many big outfits just wanted to do it there way with some armoured cable around the outside of the property from the meter box.

Installation was within a week of making contact Graham. He worked to my requirements and was more than happy with installing the specific Garo Type B + PEN fault unit that I wanted (I'd seen a lot of Tesla connectors installed with Type A RCDs, both on here and YouTube). Also, there was an option of fitting the wiring internally and with no visible cables which was great. Got all the installation certificate paperwork through within a few days.
Thanks for this. Based upon your recommendation I contacted Graham, and he came out and installed a charger a few days ago. He was excellent and went beyond what he needed to do to help me.

Still waiting for him to send me an invoice, but considering it’s a bank holiday, I will let him off!

Electrician Recommendations, Milton Keynes

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for an electrician in Milton Keynes to run a 40A line from the house to a garage (15-20m) and install a charger? I'm not getting good vibes from the guy I'm talking to at the moment.

Thanks

Last edited:
We had our charging point fitted yesterday by Cannon Electrical, Hull. We're based in Lincolnshire. Terry fitted the Ohme box very neatly and came up with a better location than I did. We have a long run of cabling around the front of the house to get to the consumer unit, but this was put low down and clipped tidily.
Inside, the PEN switch was fitted below the consumer unit and (for an ugly box) looks good. No unnecessary cabling in sight.
Terry also went over the OLEV grant paperwork with me and offered any further support that might be needed when I start using the charger.

Quotation was quick, thorough and was based on some photos and videos I sent over along with a phone call to discuss. Good comms throughout and Terry dealt with the DNO notification. I would recommend Cannon Electrical. I dropped on them through the Ohme website as they are one of their official installers.

Can anyone recommend an installer in the Salisbury/Southampton area?
M3ER arriving in a few weeks.

Quite important to get it done as the nearest supercharger is 30 mins away.

Peter
Certainly important… sooner the better. Superchargers are really for trips or when you’re caught out needing a fast top up, not for routine charging. If Superchargers were to be used in that way there would be queues all day.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I got a broken Rolec charger which had been unused for the last 3 years. It gets power, but something inside seems kaputt. I also want to put a longer cable on it, can anybody recommend a charge point installer around Glasgow? The original installation was via the grant and it seems they are no longer interested in doing domestic business.
Thanks in advance.

I got a broken Rolec charger which had been unused for the last 3 years. It gets power, but something inside seems kaputt. I also want to put a longer cable on it, can anybody recommend a charge point installer around Glasgow? The original installation was via the grant and it seems they are no longer interested in doing domestic business.
Thanks in advance.
Not exactly what you have asked but... ALL the components inside your Rolec (including longer cables)?are available, usually off the shelf, at sensible prices (plus good support!) from Viridian (trading as Eco Harmony) prices and spec sheets for all their items are available on the eco harmony web site.
TBH there isn’t much to go wrong inside your Rolec, RCBO, contractor and protocol controller, that’s it!
Obviously, just ensure you isolate from mains electric supply before opening up by taking off the front cover, 6 screws gets you in😁
Changing any of the components or the charge cable is very straightforward as long as you carefully note which wires and their colours go where before you remove any of them

Thanks, I did have a look inside and it does look fairly straightforward and I think the contractor is faulty, but I don't trust my own electrical handywork, particularly not when I will connect a brand spanking new Model 3 on it. My pessimistic mind already sees a Model 3 engulfed in flames on my drive ;).
Thanks for the link, might order the cable through them and get an electrician to fit.