Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - whilst there is an official UK Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme authorised installers register, this sticky thread is for people to request recommendations and forum users to share their actual experiences with specific installers, good or bad.

Please be as specific with your recommendation as possible to allow people to be confident that when they engage with an installer that they will be getting a comparable level of service.

If discussing a regional or national company and/or franchise, please try and identify the particular installer, franchise or sub contractor. This should be mentioned on the regulatory paperwork or side of their vehicle. Not all installations from companies having different installers are handled to the same standard.

For charge point discussion, please use Home Charge Points Discussion and Suggestions [megathread]

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Hi, looking for any recommendations in the Glasgow area or to the east of Glasgow, I actually live about 5 minutes from the Eurocentral Supercharger but getting tired of going there for a charge. I have an awkward driveway for which a 7.5m cable will be very tight which rules out Podpoint, so my best bet as far as I can see is a Rolec tethered 10m.

Thanks all

For anyone in Leeds I can thoroughly recommend Graham Scott at OLEV Approved EV Installations. I spoke with most of the local installers and some never showed up for surveys, others had massive waits, and many big outfits just wanted to do it there way with some armoured cable around the outside of the property from the meter box.

Installation was within a week of making contact Graham. He worked to my requirements and was more than happy with installing the specific Garo Type B + PEN fault unit that I wanted (I'd seen a lot of Tesla connectors installed with Type A RCDs, both on here and YouTube). Also, there was an option of fitting the wiring internally and with no visible cables which was great. Got all the installation certificate paperwork through within a few days.

Attachments

• teslwc.jpg
    teslwc.jpg
    891.6 KB · Views: 804
I wouldn't normally leave reviews but, my install of an EO Mini Pro 2 was a little bit painful while being passed around different installers (a variety of bad management but also just unlucky circumstances) and eventually landed on a winner.

https://www.evdomestic.co.uk/ who "cover London and the Home Counties of Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex and Kent." were great.

Loads of communication, no upfront payments, loads of time and patience answering questions and finally a neat and as requested install. Really good. They install a variety of chargers/plugs and I wish I'd known and gone to them directly in the first place.

Moderator Comment said:
Please be as specific with your recommendation as possible to allow people to be confident that when they engage with an installer that they will be getting a comparable level of service.

If discussing a regional or national company and/or franchise, please try and identify the particular installer, franchise or sub contractor. This should be mentioned on the regulatory paperwork or side of their vehicle. Not all installations from companies having different installers are handled to the same standard.

For anyone in Leeds I can thoroughly recommend Graham Scott at OLEV Approved EV Installations. I spoke with most of the local installers and some never showed up for surveys, others had massive waits, and many big outfits just wanted to do it there way with some armoured cable around the outside of the property from the meter box.

Installation was within a week of making contact Graham. He worked to my requirements and was more than happy with installing the specific Garo Type B + PEN fault unit that I wanted (I'd seen a lot of Tesla connectors installed with Type A RCDs, both on here and YouTube). Also, there was an option of fitting the wiring internally and with no visible cables which was great. Got all the installation certificate paperwork through within a few days.

Good post, do they cover North Nottinghamshire?

Hi, looking for any recommendations in the Glasgow area or to the east of Glasgow, I actually live about 5 minutes from the Eurocentral Supercharger but getting tired of going there for a charge. I have an awkward driveway for which a 7.5m cable will be very tight which rules out Podpoint, so my best bet as far as I can see is a Rolec tethered 10m.

Thanks all

how did you get on finding an installer in Glasgow?

Just had my Zappi charger installed with the company called Mr Charger in Caterham.
Great service, arrived an 1 hour before the given time, 3 X engineers and job done in an hour. Great
Bare in mind that my install was one of the easy ones but one of the guys mentioned that this was their 3 install.
I highly recommend them.
Check them out on www.mrcharger.co.uk

I too used Mr Charger and was very happy with the service and would happily recommend Martin and Richard. They fit and service multiple brands of chargers for both domestic and commercial customers, so they will supply the right charger for your needs/budget. So if you are in the South East of England I would give them a call.

Reactions: aCilnv