Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping to pick up my Model 3 in the next 10 days, haven't ordered the Tesla charger yet as looking around at others.
Anyone recommend an installer in the Reading or Bracknell area?
I am in the same situation as you - Delivery team last week said "Sir you car will be available mid June..." now it's coming next Friday! Now for a such to get quotes and book an electrician in - am looking for one in Chesterfield / Sheffield area? Charger wise it's going to be Pod Point, Sync EV or EO one so anyone who knows and EV change point installer in the area let me know! Thanks in advance

I recently(this Monday) had an EO Mini Pro 2 installed by EV Domestic who were really professional in the whole process from original, quote to the installation. The installer, Dominic, was very helpful and friendly. I started the whole process via Octopus Electric Vehicles Charging website and EO passed on my details to EV Domestic. If you are an Octopus customer, or thinking of switching, I would recommend the process.

I'm expecting my M3 SR+ mid June, so will let you know more about the EO Mini Pro 2(obviously in a different thread) once I used it to charge the EV.

I’ve just used Smart Home Charge for my Anderson A2 install. They coordinated everything incredibly well including an issue with my DNO and replacing a fuse. Eventually got it installed yesterday and very happy with everything. Everything is done via their website but if anything comes up (I had an issue as I’d put a PP on my car once I’d applied for the grant and they sorted that quickly).

Reactions: DigbyChicken
I’ve just used Smart Home Charge for my Anderson A2 install. They coordinated everything incredibly well including an issue with my DNO and replacing a fuse. Eventually got it installed yesterday and very happy with everything. Everything is done via their website but if anything comes up (I had an issue as I’d put a PP on my car once I’d applied for the grant and they sorted that quickly).
How long did they take to come out and install? I've got a quote from them myself, not pulled the trigger yet

How long did they take to come out and install? I've got a quote from them myself, not pulled the trigger yet
The whole process was hindered by my DNO and the need for a replacement fuse in my meter box. If it wasn’t for that they could ave come out within a few weeks. As soon as I had a date for my DNO to come out SHC said they could do anytime from the following day so would t suspect there’s a long wait - although this might be dependent on where you are in the country.

Hi All

Had my Sync EV charger installed by Ben and Louis. www.evcinstalls.co.uk. Lovely lovely guys - couldnt reccomend them more highly. £589 installed, great communications from start to finish. Neat job, and moved circuits around in my CU as needed.

1622409901273.png

1622409924423.png

Might as well ask about installers for the Peterhead area since Ive ordered an M3SR+, I am leaning towards a Zappi charger and have requested quotes through their website

Thanks in advance
Ian
Did you get sorted? We are getting an Easee charger fitted by i-Protech who are in Blackburn so should cover Peterhead no bother, they were recommended by the Aberdeen SC guys. They offered us a Zappi but we didnt need the functionality and wanted a sleeker non tethered unit.

Just had a my energi Zappi installed by Alex Strachan Electrical Services Ltd in Fraserburgh, He had the zappi in stock and installed the day after the Scottish charge point grant was approved, Car hasn't arrived yet (13 days to go) and said to give them a call once its arrived and will go through its operation. Price was the same as if I had gone through myenergi website

Just had my Sync EV changer installed today - super tiny/compact charger - install took about an hour and 15 mins app demo and setup time by the installer. Mine was installed by Evolution Solutions (NW) think they cover North West and Midlands as am based in Derbyshire and the installer's next job was in Staffordshire. Highly recommend as my install was super clean - no wires outside of the house and they kept me in contact before and on install day. Now just need to remember to start charges using the Sync EV app to Octopus Go rates!

Sync EV unit installed by Martin from Future Charging Solutions.
Very neat job, no external wires, that took about 90 mins.
Interestingly no modifications to the consumer unit, other than a new 32A circuit breaker, as the Sync has all the safety and protection systems built in that some other Chargers appear to need.
First charge went as expected.

Reactions: yfwt and MarleyBob
Pod-point installed this morning by EDF. Nice people, took 2 1/2 hours and done exactly as I wanted. Lead is long enough to reach past parked people carrier and plug in my car parked behind. All organised by podpoint within about a week of order.

Pod-point installed this morning by EDF. Nice people, took 2 1/2 hours and done exactly as I wanted. Lead is long enough to reach past parked people carrier and plug in my car parked behind. All organised by podpoint within about a week of order.
The Pod Point app had a really nice upgrade recently that allows you to schedule a start and end time for charging. Really useful if you're on an off peak electricity tariff. Also means that if you want to pre-warm the car during the day then it'll use energy stored in the battery rather than from the mains which will likely be during your day rate.

It works great with Octopus Go and means you don't need to fiddle with the car settings, or go to the car if you need to change the settings. You just need to be aware of how much charge your require for the next day as it will start and stop on the nose regardless of the limit you've set the battery charging to. But all this can be done from your phone.

PodPoint app not much help with Octopus Agile pricing (I'd continue with ev.energy for that tariff), but given the current Agile rates I don't think it'll concern me for a while.