Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another vote for EVC Installs if you are in the London area...and Kent/Essex borders I guess. Fitted our Sync EV yesterday. Nice and quick and neat.

Attachments

• 4D317874-8543-4F1A-B07B-04102C9C1193.jpeg
    4D317874-8543-4F1A-B07B-04102C9C1193.jpeg
    650.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 8E97DFD9-CA10-4C86-BFB9-BB4AC8B5DBD2.jpeg
    8E97DFD9-CA10-4C86-BFB9-BB4AC8B5DBD2.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: yfwt
I can highly recommend VoltEv VOLTEV, EV Charger Installation for Sussex & Kent

They are extremely helpful and professional. I ordered a PodPoint Solo tethered from them. They arranged a very fast install because my car had been delivered early. A very tidy install and left everything extremely tidy when they finished.
I live in Kent, but I think they cover Surrey and Sussex too. Well worth considering and giving them a call.

Any suggestions in Cambridge area? Tried Artisan, they came back quite expensive.
I’m between Cambridge and Ely and had a good experience with Elecology. Based in Hitchin but they cover a wide area.

I had a quite a long cable run, under a paved path etc & they left it all tidier than it was before.

They were also very helpful when the charger stopped charging at its full rate & the manufacturer insisted it was “within spec”

Reactions: browellm and tsh2
I’m between Cambridge and Ely and had a good experience with Elecology. Based in Hitchin but they cover a wide area.

I had a quite a long cable run, under a paved path etc & they left it all tidier than it was before.

They were also very helpful when the charger stopped charging at its full rate & the manufacturer insisted it was “within spec”
I used Octopus to install my chargepoint - they were really good and the price was as per the below link. They provided a quote within 24-48 hours, were very were quick to install, and very competitive compared to other providers. The 'sticker price' is what I was charged, unlike lots of other companies that added in extras e.g. 'labour, materials and shipping...'. I have no connection to Octopus except being an electricity customer.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I used Octopus to install my chargepoint - they were really good and the price was as per the below link. They provided a quote within 24-48 hours, were very were quick to install, and very competitive compared to other providers. The 'sticker price' is what I was charged, unlike lots of other companies that added in extras e.g. 'labour, materials and shipping...'. I have no connection to Octopus except being an electricity customer.

Lucky you! Took them 3 weeks to get back to me and once they did I said I’ve already sought alternatives (Sync EV) however as an energy supplier they are 👌🏼

I used Octopus to install my chargepoint - they were really good and the price was as per the below link. They provided a quote within 24-48 hours, were very were quick to install, and very competitive compared to other providers.

Did they do it themselves or was that contracted out? When they do contract out then you are a bit at the mercy of whether the person/subcontractor covering your area are any good.

Just to say that based on recommendation here I had a SyncEV charger installed yesterday by EVC Installs. Ben was easy to deal with, good communication. The install was delayed a bit because the DNO needed to upgrade the fuse and I needed to upgrade the meter tails before that but Ben was quickly available once I was ready to go.

Install was outside a Victorian mid-terrace in central London so didn't receive the grant.

Can I ask what you were quoted, please? I'm in Cambridge too. I've messaged via their website and not had a response. I won't chase if they're over the odds - who did you end up going with?
Cambridge Electrical Services, in Burwell. The work is done, but I've only seen photos of it. Pod point unit, opposite end of the garden. Tenant seems happy with the work and it was fairly efficient (Cert came through today, We asked them to quote around 2nd July)

Hi Gareth,

have you got anywhere with this? I’m in Ely and can’t seem to decide which charger to go with?

Thanks

Hi Gareth,

I've gone with Octopus in the end - mainly because I'm juggling too many things including going on holiday for a couple of weeks shortly, and I can't be chasing down multiple enquiries with installers. Sadly, artisan electrical never responded to my enquiry. I've done the home survey, I'm waiting to see if they need more info or just supply me with a quote and a booking date - so I'm not over the line yet. But fingers crossed.

Great name by the way... :)

G

Reactions: GarethWhyte
Hi Gareth,

I've gone with Octopus in the end - mainly because I'm juggling too many things including going on holiday for a couple of weeks shortly, and I can't be chasing down multiple enquiries with installers. Sadly, artisan electrical never responded to my enquiry. I've done the home survey, I'm waiting to see if they need more info or just supply me with a quote and a booking date - so I'm not over the line yet. But fingers crossed.

Great name by the way... :)

G
I also ended up going with Octopus EV's quote as they were the best all-around quote on the charger (Zappi) and the equipment. I'm being quoted a delivery of the Zappi around the beginning of September, so it's likely to beat my car!

I'm in Ely too - must be a few of us!

Reactions: GarethWhyte
Another vote for EVC installs in the london area. Ben and colleague did an excellent job of a neat install of a Tesla Wall Charger (gen 3) in my drive, at a very competitive price (including RCBO, O-pen device).