Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in the KENT area and me wanting to support the local businesses, I went with
evfastcharge.co.uk

I had the Hypervolt 5m installed this morning.

- Great communication, fit in me on a cancelled appointment
- Lovely and friendly chaps (Martin the lead Electrician)
- Arrived on agreed date and on time (actually arrived even a little bit earlier)
- Swift, clean & tidy install (see pics)
- All done in just over 2 hours
- Competitive price (£680)

Attachments

• hype1.jpg
    hype1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 140
  • Hype2.jpg
    Hype2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
For those in the KENT area and me wanting to support the local businesses, I went with
evfastcharge.co.uk

- Arrived on agreed date and on time (actually arrived even a little bit earlier)
Hi there, can I ask/assume 680 is including the charging unit ? Or excluding the unit ?

evfastcharge.co.uk

With or without grant?

With grant take into consideration and yes £680 all in (unit, grant & install). Note my install was fairly straight forward/easy as the charger is literally on the other side of the wall from the consumer unit. So, one wall to drill and no more than 2 metres of cable to the consumer

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Great to see - but yes, that's a clean install. efixx have a great youtube series on this subject. Suspect they have a deal with Zappi mind but their content is first rate.

(I've not affiliation to them!)

Out of interest, presumably the grant does not need to tie to the same house as the vehicle is registered too?

Reactions: hairysteve
Great to see - but yes, that's a clean install. efixx have a great youtube series on this subject. Suspect they have a deal with Zappi mind but their content is first rate.

(I've not affiliation to them!)

Out of interest, presumably the grant does not need to tie to the same house as the vehicle is registered too?

for anyone looking appears you need to live at the address the car is registered too:

The customer must be resident at the property. This will be checked via vehicle registration details. Where the link between the customer and the property is unclear, additional supporting evidence may be required (for example, a utility bill).

details:

I'm on the Wirral - had my 10M Hypervolt fitted yesterday ready for my M3LR by Costelloes EV.

Fantastic experience, directed to them from the Hypervolt site, initial enquiry to fitted in 2 weeks but that was due to Christmas being in the way. Took 2 hours and you wouldn't even now they had been, super tidy install. No payment upfront, invoice handled online using QuickBooks/PayPal, certification received already. Highly recommended to anybody in the NW.
How much was it if you don't me asking. I'm shopping around.

Not a recommendation but I ordered mine through octopus at the beginning of december and haven't heard anything since. Called the number on their website a couple of weeks ago and the "receptionist" didn't seem to know what I was on about and mumbled something about scooter chargers, took my details and heard nothing since. Im having to look at options now. We already have one installed from back in 2020 but now that all the fleet in the house has gone EV (Me, Mrs and both "kids") its getting a bit tight for those 4 hours with octopus :(

Fully recommend EVC Electrical for London & Surrounding areas. Done a great job on my Hypervolt installation today. Comms we’re fast, as was installation. Received invoice this evening, could pay using bacs/credit/debit or Apple Pay, also got the NIC install certs. They have 57 5* reviews on Google.
Many thanks for the recommendation @Krisey. I've gone with EVC with a black Hypervolt.

New member here with a M3LR Grey / 19" / Black int to collect on 9th Jan (expecting the 2022 Model as per my account page and hoping for MCU3 / Ryzen upgrade).

Interaction with EVC Electrical has been very professional and prompt with very quick replies even out of hours - looking forward to the install a few days after I collect the car.

I've really appreciate all the members contributions here - I learnt a lot by spending a couple of hours reading through pages of charge point installs, delivery tracking, general tip etc. - excellent forum and lots of existing knowledge on here.

Looking forward to getting my M3 LR.

Reactions: 60milesmile
Not a recommendation but I ordered mine through octopus at the beginning of december and haven't heard anything since. Called the number on their website a couple of weeks ago and the "receptionist" didn't seem to know what I was on about and mumbled something about scooter chargers, took my details and heard nothing since. Im having to look at options now. We already have one installed from back in 2020 but now that all the fleet in the house has gone EV (Me, Mrs and both "kids") its getting a bit tight for those 4 hours with octopus :(

I had a similar experience. Contacted Octopus Energy to ask for a quote in mid October last year. Got a reply a week later to say they were incredibly busy and never had any other response. Got bored of waiting and found an installer via the Myenergi website who did a great job (I'd decided I wanted one of their chargepoints).

Reactions: Js1977
Hi, this is a rather long thread.

I wanted to ask about Andersen A2 chargers.. I have two quotes... one from the manufacturer that is giving me a £1200 quote that includes installation, adaptive fuse, and 40A over current protection. (after grant)

I have a quote from a local electrician that is quoting £2500 (after grant) for charger, installation, adaptive fuse, and surge protection (SPD) for the entire house (i.e. the SPD device sits between the incoming line and the consumer box).

This seems to me hugely inflated, what do you guys think? I think I need a surge protection device but can that justify £1,300 more expensive than Andersen's installers?

I wanted to ask about Andersen A2 chargers.. I have two quotes... one from the manufacturer that is giving me a £1200 quote that includes installation, adaptive fuse, and 40A over current protection. (after grant)

I have a quote from a local electrician that is quoting £2500 (after grant) for charger, installation, adaptive fuse, and surge protection (SPD) for the entire house (i.e. the SPD device sits between the incoming line and the consumer box).

This seems to me hugely inflated, what do you guys think? I think I need a surge protection device but can that justify £1,300 more expensive than Andersen's installers?
Easy decision there I think. Andersen appear to have a great reputation and I can't think they are going to risk that with a dodgy installation. And yes, it's common for installers to submit inflated quotes.

I'm another newish member who on the recommendation of this forum, have booked with EVC Installs for a Hypervolt in February. Ben was very responsive and replies to emails were very quick. After a chat on the phone asking loads of questions, I booked them in without waiting for other quotes to come in as the quote I got was very competitve. Plus the plenty of positive reviews on Google made it an easy decision.

I suppose I could always get the electrician to install a surge protection device afterwards and still pay it for a lot cheaper!?
I would speak to the installers when on site to get their opinion ... also to ensure that they don't inadvertently make it awkward to fit such protection in the future if that's what you are going to do. I don't know the Andersen in detail but it may already have overvoltage protection built in... whether this meets your "surge protection" requirements I don't know. AFAIK specific surge protection hasn't been a part of the installations I have heard about for other charge points.

I was originally quoted a price for an A2 similar to Andersen from a local installer, and I decided to use the local installer.

I had long running issues with the local DNO who insisted I fit a device to protect the supply and only use it at night until they could work out if I needed a new supply or not as they suspected we were sharing a supply with a neighbour, which I believe is called being “looped”. The total came to £1364 which included extra for a wooden front and longer cable. The extra device only came to £100 fitted.