Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Company to Change Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can buy hockey pucks and use those on normal jack stands if you google it there are special adaptors you can buy off ebay that slot into the holes in the sills, this is a better option and more secure so you don't damage the battery

It depends what equipment garage has and how you want it done. My local village place was quite happy to do a lift of each end rather than a single jack on each corner (for my puncture repairs) so S went on their main hoist which has a hydraulic sub unit to lift ront or bck. The span of that particular system was just about OK for the jack points when we cut up some scraps of wood as packing. Nothng fancier needed and the bits of wood have been put to one side for next time.
It's really just a matter of commonsense and gently pointing out the nuisance of a damaged battery pack and the specific jackpoints, jack mode and wheel nut torque.
Whilst plenty folk DIY tyre changes corner by corner I figured it best to avoid any possible issue re torsion on the battery pack howveer unlkely that is to matter.

More specifically are there any that people can recommend as many reviews on Amazon say they are basically rubbish and fall apart?
I bought one from Ali Express then decided I should probably have 4, so bought 3 more on Ebay. All 4 seem identical to me. Here is the link to the Ebay ones: For Tesla Model 3 Chassis Specific Jack Pad Tool Car Jack Lift Pad Adapter L&6 | eBay

I heard negative reports on the all plastic/composite ones. The ones I bought are metal with a rubber pad on the top. I have only used them once when swapping my summer for winter wheels, and they fit and worked fine. If I were buying again now, I might opt for the set from Abstract Ocean, which also come in a storage tube. Otherwise I would certainly be happy to get the ones I have.

Check with your local garage. I turned up in my M3 with pucks in hand but their jacks are already padded.

That's fine but they can still cause unintended damage by placing their padded jacking points in the wrong place. The jacking pucks make that much less likely because it becomes obvious where the car is to be lifted. According to the manual all the areas around and adjacent to the actual jacking points are off limits so this is quite important. Even if your local garage is appropriately equipped it's a good idea to carry some around so that an unexpected requirement for the car to be jacked up can be dealt with safely.

I bought one from Ali Express then decided I should probably have 4, so bought 3 more on Ebay. All 4 seem identical to me. Here is the link to the Ebay ones: For Tesla Model 3 Chassis Specific Jack Pad Tool Car Jack Lift Pad Adapter L&6 | eBay

I heard negative reports on the all plastic/composite ones. The ones I bought are metal with a rubber pad on the top. I have only used them once when swapping my summer for winter wheels, and they fit and worked fine. If I were buying again now, I might opt for the set from Abstract Ocean, which also come in a storage tube. Otherwise I would certainly be happy to get the ones I have.

thanks but at £12 each might look at the Ali express ones

It is best to buy some at least, when Westbourne Motors came out to my car some did not even know they existed, and there were stories of them using planks of wood. I let them keep a puck as I know it had to be jacked up and then jacked up for another time as drivers swapped over their own equipment, it was an absolute Joke tbh.

Reactions: Rooster6655