Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK customer service gone insane?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really want to name names, post emails etc but the main body of the message is

<RE the paperwork>

There was an error when you signed for your vehicle and until all the documents are signed the car will continue to be property of Tesla. If signed documents are not received today then we will have to arrange for the car to be recovered.

I haven't signed anything but I will make a complaint. Where is the best place to send it?

There is nothing I am aware of that requires a car sale to be documented in writing (unlike land) so you gave them their money they gave you the keys to the car, registered it in your name and let you drive off in it.

Sale complete.

On the other-hand no need to be unreasonable either, just ask them to forward the documents that they want you to sign for you to review and you can decide how far you want to take it...

Reactions: Rooster6655
There was an error when you signed for your vehicle and until all the documents are signed the car will continue to be property of Tesla.

Yeah, no.. that's not how it works. The car is yours, and if it was me I'd point out if they attempted to 'recover' it the police would get involved.

It's beyond poor to threaten to steal your car because some of their internal paperwork is out of whack. I can understand the wanting to be reasonable but they're the ones that started out completely unreasonable - they could have simply apologetically sent the documents to you and asked you to sign them.

Not fixing defects is a separate matter.

I didn’t sign the finance paperwork as they didn’t ask me to. The next day they emailed me the paperwork and just stated that the deal may change if I don’t sign it so not very threatening compared to this

The problem is I have outstanding defects that I haven’t had a timescale for a fix. I don’t really want to sign anything until that’s in the works.

Have you scheduled a service? if not that's the reason you don't have a timescale.

If you don't want the car then give it back to them and don't sign, if you do want it then sign.

I don't really want to name names, post emails etc but the main body of the message is

<RE the paperwork>

There was an error when you signed for your vehicle and until all the documents are signed the car will continue to be property of Tesla. If signed documents are not received today then we will have to arrange for the car to be recovered.

I haven't signed anything but I will make a complaint. Where is the best place to send it?
as said ring tesla, verify and then if true fill in aand don't worry.

about 3 weeks ago I spent 2 hours on hold waiting to speak with SC London WD before line went dead. So no point trying to call their SC and I am still waiting for a reply when emailing deliveryGB. So agree with comment above that scammers may start making the most of this lack of verification. I just hope user details on this TMC forum are safe and secure from hacking!

about 3 weeks ago I spent 2 hours on hold waiting to speak with SC London WD before line went dead. So no point trying to call their SC and I am still waiting for a reply when emailing deliveryGB. So agree with comment above that scammers may start making the most of this lack of verification. I just hope user details on this TMC forum are safe and secure from hacking!
Deliverygb is now answering most by about the 15 20 min mark so not much issue now

I sent an email back saying that someone should call me, no response to that. I also went on the Tesla site and wrote a more official complaint, no response to that either.

Separately I’ve got a mobile repair unit coming to fix my charging port this week.