Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Customer Service - Pre delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that you may have ordered a model that isn't available yet and are upset that it's not been delivered.

Maybe people did pick a difficult combination, but at any point did Tesla inform people that their order "isn't available yet" or won't meet the June delivery date? This is the fundamental problem.

I don't think it is unreasonable for customers to expect to be kept in the loop.

Reactions: MrBadger
I would echo those sentiments ScottishRosco.

Tesla site (when I placed my order) told me my car would be delivered in JUNE, nothing happened, then after ringing I was told the middle of JULY, then nothing happened, so telephoned again, told probably first weeks or middle of August...... nothing again....... long story short, I'm taking delivery next week BUT it really isn't good enough. Probably 15 phone calls in all, some waiting two hours plus on hold.

Customer service is very poor, and yes, Elon is trying to make things better now with the improved service team -better late than never. Thanks Elon for your input. I would ask that they simply KEEP THE CUSTOMER INFORMED of progress of their order and of course, remove unrealistic delivery dates from ordering pages. It would be simple to set up and automated email information service to tell the client weekly how their order is progressing.

Hopefully, time will improve the service (maybe with a little help from reading some of these pages by someone at Tesla!).

Reactions: Sixer
I called Tesla today and was pleasantly surprised to have my call answered within 20 minutes as opposed to the previous 2 hours on hold before the call being abruptly dropped, this happened to me several times. Spoke to someone who was apologetic and showed empathy for the lack of communication and delivery issues thus far. More importantly, he confirmed that I definitely have a VIN allocated, it is en route and delivery is scheduled for early October in Birmingham, possibly earlier. 9th October at the latest, he was quite definitive on that.

So, a more pleasant customer experience which does suggest that perhaps some changes have been made to address the shocking experience most of us were having before. I’m still expecting a rollercoaster few weeks ahead but I feel a little happier today. The chap on the phone was helpful and seemed to care about my experience. It really is that simple and Tesla could have saved a lot of angst and retained a lot of goodwill if they’d done this earlier.

Reactions: Roy W.
I would echo those sentiments ScottishRosco.

Tesla site (when I placed my order) told me my car would be delivered in JUNE, nothing happened, then after ringing I was told the middle of JULY, then nothing happened, so telephoned again, told probably first weeks or middle of August...... nothing again....... long story short, I'm taking delivery next week BUT it really isn't good enough. Probably 15 phone calls in all, some waiting two hours plus on hold.

Customer service is very poor, and yes, Elon is trying to make things better now with the improved service team -better late than never. Thanks Elon for your input. I would ask that they simply KEEP THE CUSTOMER INFORMED of progress of their order and of course, remove unrealistic delivery dates from ordering pages. It would be simple to set up and automated email information service to tell the client weekly how their order is progressing.

Hopefully, time will improve the service (maybe with a little help from reading some of these pages by someone at Tesla!).

I believe that you were given delivery estimates, not delivery dates. Okay, they screwed the estimate up. That's not a crime.

Yep, exactly, you are expecting a lot more than they are going to provide. It seems that you may have ordered a model that isn't available yet and are upset that it's not been delivered. And you are now upset because YOUR decisions have delayed your car from delivery.

Bit presumptions of you to assume how I feel based on a post.

I am merely stating that their communications are very poor, the delivery *service* is also very poor.

YOU think that's OK. Good for you, thank you for telling us.

Reactions: Sixer
Bit presumptions of you to assume how I feel based on a post.

I am merely stating that their communications are very poor, the delivery *service* is also very poor.

YOU think that's OK. Good for you, thank you for telling us.

All I'm saying is that you are expecting too much. You can complain and gripe all you want. I'm just trying to set expectations on what to expect.

And no, I don't think that it is presumptuous to assume how you feel based on a post. I certainly hope that you aren't making all of this up and effectively trolling the thread. I'm expecting that you are posting as you feel .

I'm posting so that others who read can try to understand what to expect. It's no different than what's been happening in the States for over a year. It's pretty much the exact same thing.

It's quite okay for you to expect more. It's quite okay for you to feel upset when you don't get what you want. But I personally feel that it is a lot easier to set realistic expectations based on reality and not worry about things that aren't under my control.

Last edited:
I believe that you were given delivery estimates, not delivery dates. Okay, they screwed the estimate up. That's not a crime.

Yes, you are correct ewoodrick, it was an estimated delivery however, most estimated deliveries don't take place THREE MONTHS after an estimated delivery date, whatever the merchandise offered! Expectations are exactly that, what you would "expect" to happen. Should those expectations change, then the retailer should be responsible enough to tell you that things have changed for this, or that, reason.

Simples.

Reactions: MrBadger
It's quite okay for you to expect more.

Well apparently not, according to you.

you are expecting too much

'm just trying to set expectations on what to expect.

You don't need to do that here. There are hundreds of posts here setting expectations. What you are doing is belittling all those posts by saying people "expect too much".

So thank you for the lesson in philosophy, but no thanks. It's actually OK to be pissed off at this level of delivery service.

Reactions: Sixer and MrBadger
I think you are confusing luxury service with a service, period. The "sales" part is over. People here have bought the car and didnt have it delivered. Expecting too much?

I don't expect a foot massage...

I expect to be told when the car is delivered.

If there is a delay, I expect to be told, in a simple email.

If I get a delivery date I expect to be able to actually pick up a car, not turn up and get told it's not there.

Tesla in UK simply do not do that. You order, then your name seemingly gets picked out of a hat and you get a delivery date. If you can't make it, tough *sugar*, better luck next time. If you do make it and the car is not there, tough *sugar* better luck next time. If you want to cancel, thanks for playing you'll have your money back in 30 days.

You have maybe 7 days to pay using bank transfer which is inherently unsafe. Some people get delivery days with 1-2 day warning. Want to confirm receipt of funds? Tough *sugar*, stay on hold for 2 hours or learn to read HTML code.

Ordered a tow bar? Tough *sugar*

Ordered 19"? Tough *sugar*

Spec changed 3 month after order and now your spec is 5k cheaper? Back to the queue with you.

There is zero reliable information and you get treated like a beggar at a McDonalds.

This has nothing to do with "ordering a car online". There is simply no information and you get treated like a nobody. A lot of people here just want to be told where the car is.

Possibly the best response so far. If we allow customer service to be poor it will be!

I had an estimated delivery window of 18-25 August. I was then given a second estimated delivery window of 7-20 August with a text saying “great news your Model 3 will be arriving earlier than expected”. After that, I heard nothing. Zero. Zilch. Tried to call multiple times without success. Only got auto responses from emails. The delivery window passed with no further communication. I had my current car ready for sale then had to stop that process as I had no idea when the Tesla would arrive. So while it may be only estimated delivery dates, which are of course subject to change, that’s no excuse for the poor level of communication when and if those estimates do change.

Thankfully things seem to be improving on this front, I was actually able to talk to Tesla yesterday to get an update, so hopefully they have realised the extent of the problem and have taken action to fix it.

Reactions: Roy W. and Sixer
I called Tesla today and was pleasantly surprised to have my call answered within 20 minutes as opposed to the previous 2 hours on hold before the call being abruptly dropped, this happened to me several times. Spoke to someone who was apologetic and showed empathy for the lack of communication and delivery issues thus far. More importantly, he confirmed that I definitely have a VIN allocated, it is en route and delivery is scheduled for early October in Birmingham, possibly earlier. 9th October at the latest, he was quite definitive on that.

So, a more pleasant customer experience which does suggest that perhaps some changes have been made to address the shocking experience most of us were having before. I’m still expecting a rollercoaster few weeks ahead but I feel a little happier today. The chap on the phone was helpful and seemed to care about my experience. It really is that simple and Tesla could have saved a lot of angst and retained a lot of goodwill if they’d done this earlier.
Grr I still don't even have a vin and others have lapd me now. Ud think the basic model would actually be nice and plantifull at this point.

All I'm saying is that you are expecting too much. You can complain and gripe all you want. I'm just trying to set expectations on what to expect.

And no, I don't think that it is presumptuous to assume how you feel based on a post. I certainly hope that you aren't making all of this up and effectively trolling the thread. I'm expecting that you are posting as you feel .

I'm posting so that others who read can try to understand what to expect. It's no different than what's been happening in the States for over a year. It's pretty much the exact same thing.

It's quite okay for you to expect more. It's quite okay for you to feel upset when you don't get what you want. But I personally feel that it is a lot easier to set realistic expectations based on reality and not worry about things that aren't under my control.

Equally, it is ok to have a good old rant here on TMC.