Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jkliu47 no you really do have to be a reservation holder to see any of the regional forums. I discovered this a few days ago (because someone asked why we were bothering to mark some threads as private and others as public since it doesn't make any difference). I signed up for a second TM account and it cannot access the UK threads.

Have any non-signature Model S been delivered to the UK yet? If so, how many days went from the Signature launch until the first non-Signature cars were delivered?

I'm just trying to find out what an operation like this would possibly be, for the Hong Kong market. I am not saying it has to be the same, but since it might be some similar constraints or policies, it could be a lead.

In Hong Kong, Signatures deliveries probably start in the last half of July, while non-Signature deliveries might not start until mid August.

Have any non-signature Model S been delivered to the UK yet? If so, how many days went from the Signature launch until the first non-Signature cars were delivered?

I'm just trying to find out what an operation like this would possibly be, for the Hong Kong market. I am not saying it has to be the same, but since it might be some similar constraints or policies, it could be a lead.

In Hong Kong, Signatures deliveries probably start in the last half of July, while non-Signature deliveries might not start until mid August.

Unfortunately there are not going to be any Signature models in the UK. Tesla decided earlier this year not to have that model in their range in the UK even for people who had reserved one as I had done along with others. The best available to these people is Sig Red colour that otherwise is not available in the UK.

@jkliu47 no you really do have to be a reservation holder to see any of the regional forums. I discovered this a few days ago (because someone asked why we were bothering to mark some threads as private and others as public since it doesn't make any difference). I signed up for a second TM account and it cannot access the UK threads.

Thanks for the correction.

Since I am a registered owner, I wouldn't have known access is different for the regional forums.
I had based my comments on previous experiences browsing the Forums before I got my Model S.

Unfortunately there are not going to be any Signature models in the UK. Tesla decided earlier this year not to have that model in their range in the UK even for people who had reserved one as I had done along with others. The best available to these people is Sig Red colour that otherwise is not available in the UK.
I am not following ... on the one hand you say that the UK was not offered any Signature cars, yet you go on to say that you can get Sig Red color? Otherwise not available.
So how does one in the UK get Sig Red color?
Extra cost?

The RHD signature car was cancelled, but Sig reservation holders were still offered the chance to have Sig Red colour if they wanted it. I believe they also got a discount relative to current pricing. But everything else about the car is standard.

The rush to deliver a big backlog of cars as quickly as possible has meant that cars are not being delivered in strict reservation order (to some people's - understandable - annoyance). In particular non-air cars were delayed by about a month. I ordered on 17 Feb this year and my car was delivered last Thursday. There are some people who ordered 4 years ago who still don't have theirs. They are getting them out as fast as they possibly can (especially with the quarter end today!).

Are there any updates to the number of UK cars being delivered?

I was at Goodwood Festival of Speed last Friday and visited the Tesla stand (2 RHD P85's with frunk latches removed (!), some comfy sofas and laminates of the future supercharger locations seen in another thread). The lady I spoke to said there were 180 deliveries over the weekend.

Lots of people milling around the stand each time I walked by. Obviously attracted a lot of attention.

Another P85 was driven up the hill climb shortly after a BMW i8 with its petrol engine going 10 to the dozen which brought a smile. I wonder if there is a record for 'fastest production BEV' or something?

Hi
i collected on Monday 30th of June.
i asked 2 different people the same question
'How many cars delivered to date .'
i got 200 and 195
so I guess this tallies with the Goodwood info,
as tesla don't deliver over the weekend?
i imagine she meant 200 to date.
The handover was rushed I will arrange a re-visit when the rush is off.

the next question, of course, is ongoing, how many cars will come through week on week?

I was at Goodwood Festival of Speed last Friday and visited the Tesla stand (2 RHD P85's with frunk latches removed (!), some comfy sofas and laminates of the future supercharger locations seen in another thread). The lady I spoke to said there were 180 deliveries over the weekend.

Lots of people milling around the stand each time I walked by. Obviously attracted a lot of attention.

Another P85 was driven up the hill climb shortly after a BMW i8 with its petrol engine going 10 to the dozen which brought a smile. I wonder if there is a record for 'fastest production BEV' or something?

I was driving the i8 and we were considering going up against the McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Hybrid in all electric mode but it simply wasn't going to be good marketing as we don't have the same performance as them (or vs a model S)...
The i8 is a lovely car and with the interest it has created will just further help the acceptance of EVs to the mass public :)

My dashboard changed to "in production" yesterday, 15th August. VIN 5YJSB3H17EFP474XX (I have substituted the last two figures with XX as this is an open forum, safe to say they were less than 50)
Handover is scheduled for late September, so I will post on progress to help other reservation holders estimate the time from production start to UK delivery.
Can't wait!

I was at West Drayton on Thursday, which is now fully finished. It's already running over-capacity - the whole place is just abuzz with activity. There were 5 (yes, five) car transporters parked around the building, each unloading cars that had come across from Tilburg. There are so many cars there there's no room to park. I was told that 27 cars were being handed over to owners that day alone.

There's a BMW/Mini dealership just across the road from the Tesla building. I felt quite sorry for them having to watch all the activity at the Tesla site while they stand around waiting for a potential customer to come through the door...

They've just taken possession of the next Service Centre site, and will be fitting it out and getting it up and running ASAP. Don't know the location.

They are having real trouble providing owners with Model S courtesy cars while they're having work done, because as soon as they get a loaner car in someone immediately asks to buy it!