Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Say my 1st on the road last Saturday. Past me on the M4 going east near Leigh Delamar services near Bath. I pulled into the services and the same car was just pulling up at the Ecotricity charger.

PS - I live west of Swansea and the nearest the nearest S or X I can see on the world reservation map is in Bristol (perhaps that was the one I saw - it was black I think).

Is there any way to know how many cars were delivered in UK in July? Is there any official data on car registrations that can be monitored via an Internet Site?

I have tried to find out. The figures for the UK for July have Tesla lumped in under "Others". I contacted the SMMT (the Motor Traders group in the UK) to see if they can tell me if there is any way to get an exact figure but no response.

I have tried to find out. The figures for the UK for July have Tesla lumped in under "Others". I contacted the SMMT (the Motor Traders group in the UK) to see if they can tell me if there is any way to get an exact figure but no response.

Thanks, Hileyms. I would like to think that at least 400 were delivered, but it is my pure speculation. Would be great to get some official information from an organization tracking sales/registration in UK.

Say my 1st on the road last Saturday. Past me on the M4 going east near Leigh Delamar services near Bath. I pulled into the services and the same car was just pulling up at the Ecotricity charger.

PS - I live west of Swansea and the nearest the nearest S or X I can see on the world reservation map is in Bristol (perhaps that was the one I saw - it was black I think).

Think I might have seen the same one going along the M4, my wife did wave at the drive and he flashed back in return.

saw another entering Bloxham, about 17:30 last Thursday, or might have been Friday. They do look mighty wide down our country roads.

Still want one!

Think I might have seen the same one going along the M4, my wife did wave at the drive and he flashed back in return.

saw another entering Bloxham, about 17:30 last Thursday, or might have been Friday. They do look mighty wide down our country roads.

Still want one!

I have seen comments about the car being wide, I drive a Peugeot 5008 MPV and the Model S is 3 inches wider (1.5 inch each side).
I live in the country and do not have any problems with the width of my car.

If they could get camera's approved in place of the external mirrors then that could remove 9 inches off the width.

I also want one

I have seen comments about the car being wide, I drive a Peugeot 5008 MPV and the Model S is 3 inches wider (1.5 inch each side).
I live in the country and do not have any problems with the width of my car.

If they could get camera's approved in place of the external mirrors then that could remove 9 inches off the width.

I also want one

It was just a perception on its width, as I go down that road every day and don't normally think about width of oncoming vehicles, unless it's a massive lorry, but I guess it looks low and therefore wide. It just made me think if I was in one also, then it would feel a bit more of a squeeze, with two S's passing each other. When I test drive one, it didn't feel that wide, even though the steering wheel was on the wrong side!

The good news, my wife saw one on the M4 and thought it looked really nice, I think that was helped as the S was super shiny and the sun was low, it did look stunning.

So that's one hurdle down, just need to cover off the over 79000!

On the one hand, it's definitely a long, wide, car, especially for British roads.

But on the other hand, it's shorter, narrower and lower than a Range Rover and they get around the place just fine.

We've had no problems at all getting ours down narrow roads, into tight car parks etc. As much as anything else I think a lot of the "it's a huge car" chat has come from electric vehicle experts/afficionados who are used to their Nissan Leafs and Renault Zoes.

An S Class driver wouldn't even blink at the size of a Model S.

I was told that there are just over 200 cars on the UK roads as of the end of last month and that they are looking at 2000 sales per year.....which from 50k worldwide....seems to make sense...so about 165/month if sales were even!

hello by the way.... Tried an 'S' out 3 weeks ago and will probably order one next week when I get back from a holiday in France.
S85 - without doubt.....oh but the options....how you could waste money on the options.... and to a Yorkshire man - some don't seem to represent the best of 'value' !

Two days ago I confirmed my order and received an expected delivery date of Dec. As above post I decided that an S85 with some addons was enough. The performance pack and plus pack with suspension comes in at around £20k more. I decided that my 20k was better in my pocket to go towards another car in the future.