Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Delivery delays of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie to Tesla. Based in UK.

I ordered a Model 3 SR+ In deep blue metallic with white interior - on 23rd September 2019 via a leasing company. Told delivery was November. So I got my Rolec wall charger for my driveway installed in October 2019....

November came and went. Then told don’t worry as vehicle will be matched for sure before end of December.

Here we are in January 2020.

I was emailed just prior to Xmas telling me the next ship from USA is not due into Southampton till mid Feb 2020!

So my order, will be over 5 months - assuming I get matched then.

Really disappointing as prior new cars I had ever ordered were always trackable from order with a specific delivery date.

I have a sinking feeling I will never get my Tesla at this rate.

Anybody else feeling same and have over 5 months delay?

David

I ordered a Model 3 SR+ In deep blue metallic with white interior - on 23rd September 2019 via a leasing company. Told delivery was November. So I got my Rolec wall charger for my driveway installed in October 2019....

November came and went. Then told don’t worry as vehicle will be matched for sure before end of December.

I was emailed just prior to Xmas telling me the next ship from USA is not due into Southampton till mid Feb 2020!

Really disappointing as prior new cars I had ever ordered were always trackable from order with a specific delivery date.

David

You need to talk to your "leasing company" to find out what the delay is.

David
Hi, I’m also in the UK and ordered my recently.
I spoke to Tesla a couple of days ago, they daid they’re expecting a big delivery shortly. If you order online now it says expected deli is February.

Good luck and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

David

Tesla does production runs of cars for overseas first month or two of quarter due to the longer transit times. Then production covers cars for US and Canada with California deliveries happening in the last month of the quarter for the most part (depends on any excess inventory or cancelled car orders etc). The fact you ordered at end of 3rd Quarter and didn't get by 2nd month of 4th Qtr may be due to so many orders being placed for overseas they couldn't all be filled in time for that segment of the world and those that ordered earlier in Q3 got theirs filled or found themselves in the same boat. Tesla is definitely production contstrained right now with more demand than can be filled. The fact that they have expanded the countries where orders can be placed from certainly doesn't help. China's GF3 will help with filling some of that overseas inventory, but Tesla is growing fast and it will still be awhile before Germany's GF4 comes online.

I heard on the forum here that there were a number of ships due to come into Europe soon. Sorry don't remember what thread that was but I think there were maybe 5 of them listed by dates. Always amazed at how investigative members are to track all of these things. Hopefully your wait will be over sooner than later. But the wait time isn't necessarily off base for getting a Model 3. Right now very much in demand around the world. Let us know when you get word of your delivery.

Not the greatest experience, but it is what it is.
BTW, 5 months is really short for many folks in the UK that waited for 3 years.
It's still worth it.
Tesla does production runs of cars for overseas first month or two of quarter due to the longer transit times. Then production covers cars for US and Canada with California deliveries happening in the last month of the quarter for the most part (depends on any excess inventory or cancelled car orders etc). The fact you ordered at end of 3rd Quarter and didn't get by 2nd month of 4th Qtr may be due to so many orders being placed for overseas they couldn't all be filled in time for that segment of the world and those that ordered earlier in Q3 got theirs filled or found themselves in the same boat. Tesla is definitely production contstrained right now with more demand than can be filled. The fact that they have expanded the countries where orders can be placed from certainly doesn't help. China's GF3 will help with filling some of that overseas inventory, but Tesla is growing fast and it will still be awhile before Germany's GF4 comes online.

I heard on the forum here that there were a number of ships due to come into Europe soon. Sorry don't remember what thread that was but I think there were maybe 5 of them listed by dates. Always amazed at how investigative members are to track all of these things. Hopefully your wait will be over sooner than later. But the wait time isn't necessarily off base for getting a Model 3. Right now very much in demand around the world. Let us know when you get word of your delivery.
A thanks for your very helpful response. Will be sure to let you know when I get more news.

Reactions: SMAlset
I spoke to Tesla a couple of days ago, they daid they’re expecting a big delivery shortly. If you order online now it says expected deli is February.

I hope the big delivery to UK is next month then and mine is on the ship then lol. Hope so. Thanks for the comment.

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
FYI I ordered mine on 24th December (SR+, White, Black Int), and Heathrow will be my pickup.

I'm in no rush and the earliest I'd want mine is March so it's a 20 plate.

I'm guessing your combo of colours (Blue & White) isn't that common a choice either so they probably make less of them. In fact, just looked, of the 5,372 logged orders in the Tesla order tracker sheet from this forum, only 31 are SR+/Blue/White (0.0057% of all orders!). Can't help, I'm sure!

Leasing company just told me that the ship en route to UK arriving late Jan/early Feb may have my car but not sure; VIN numbers will be out next week for the inventory onboard and I have been escalated to make sure if my car spec is on board I will get it. Fingers crossed!

Good news at last - well some of it good, some bad...had email from leasing company on Friday saying they have matched my RN to a VIN! Bad news is the car did not make the ship which is en route to UK by mid Feb and is still in California! Any ideas when the next ship will be to UK? Hopefully they don't arrive every 6 weeks as someone told me; that would delay me until April at this rate...

Reactions: OfficialMark_H

David
I am having a similar experience. I ordered December 4 2019 with my lease company WAYS. At the time the Tesla web page said Jan for delivery. I needed the car March 23rd 2020 ( when my Audi A4 lease ends ) so I though no problem. Now just learned I may get my M3AWD in May. Very disappointed ☹️