Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Existing tesla inventory VERY low?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

when i first decided i would get a tesla and was doing tests drives ~(around october) there were loads of 'existing inventory' (brand new) model XP on the tesla site... i could filter on interior, wheels etc

since about the start of december i havent seen a single new car added to the inventory - there are 3 cars left.

i appreciate i can order new i just wondered if they was a stop on production etc for their to be none coming through for so long?

Great point, just seems bizarre there were soooo many then ‘boom’ all gone

People bought them?

Does the UK offer a rebate or other money back for buying an EV? If so, perhaps that amount changed for Tesla at the end of year. Here in the states it went from $1875 to $0 on Jan 1,2020 and that seemed to drive a lot of sales activity (and gnashing of teeth when people could not get their cars by 23:59 Dec 31, 2019.)

Reactions: poolmeds
People bought them?

Does the UK offer a rebate or other money back for buying an EV? If so, perhaps that amount changed for Tesla at the end of year. Here in the states it went from $1875 to $0 on Jan 1,2020 and that seemed to drive a lot of sales activity (and gnashing of teeth when people could not get their cars by 23:59 Dec 31, 2019.)
no rebates etc as such - you get a contribution in terms of a grant for the home charger i think but nothing has changed. oh well, i best just order new when i can and watch this space :)

Yeah I've been watching for a while for X's and noticed that after NY they brought a few demos and then almost immediately have put those up for sale on inventory and they are selling very slowly, there's only a handful in US really. Would be interesting to hear how many deliveries were taking place, almost seems like they're about to make a few changes to them.(but seems too obvious)

First month of any quarter is light on inventory as they don't like them in transit over the quarter year, as a result they make for the US market in the last month of the quarter (ie Dec) and the cars they make in Jan haven't reached here yet.

You can sign up to email notifications for when inventory gets listed. its free on tesla-info.com, think you pay on ev-cpo.com although he's got no European cars listed at all at the moment, and teslastats.no looks good but they're all seem to be sold so fairly pointless.

, think you pay on ev-cpo.com although he's got no European cars listed at all at the moment,

Once again, George, please check your facts before posting.

There are currently 307 MS/MX cars listed for Europe.

Also, a subscription is NOT REQUIRED unless you want to receive email or SMS alerts.

upload_2020-1-25_11-5-43.png

Also, Tesla-info,com will send you a DAILY EMAIL.

EV-CPO will send you IMMEDIATE email or SMS text messages for any car that fits your criteria.

TESLA-INFO:
Subscribe to our Email notification service and we'll send you a daily email of new inventory and price changes that match your criteria.

Once again, George, please check your facts before posting.

There are currently 307 MS/MX cars listed for Europe.

Also, a subscription is NOT REQUIRED unless you want to receive email or SMS alerts.

View attachment 504153

just a heads up - something weird has been going on with Tesla inventory - on their site or perhaps yours. I’ve searched a few times in the past week and MX inventory in the US goes from 0, to 13 cars, to 24 cars, back to 0. The same cars disappear and then show up again. So - several times your site shows 0 inventory on some models. Just saying the statement might have been true when made . . .

just a heads up - something weird has been going on with Tesla inventory - on their site or perhaps yours. I’ve searched a few times in the past week and MX inventory in the US goes from 0, to 13 cars, to 24 cars, back to 0. The same cars disappear and then show up again. So - several times your site shows 0 inventory on some models. Just saying the statement might have been true when made . . .

Yes, I'm aware of the issue and am working on resolving it now. Tesla (once again) changed things up behind the scenes to block the consolidators from capturing their data, but I've developed another method to properly capture all the data.

Reactions: Doc Brown
AC2E87FC-D69F-499A-9D30-9B94E924E067.png
For example, earlier this morning ev-cpo.com was showing lots of MXs (I think in the 40s) and it now shows 5.

Attachments

• 622D7430-9CF2-4476-8ADF-B52206D81E67.png
    622D7430-9CF2-4476-8ADF-B52206D81E67.png
    731.1 KB · Views: 42
Yes, I'm aware of the issue and am working on resolving it now. Tesla (once again) changed things up behind the scenes to block the consolidators from capturing their data, but I've developed another method to properly capture all the data.

So you’re aware there’s issues but don’t like being called out for it? I’ll post screen shots next time

In fairness evcpo, I've checked your site a few times in the last week and once you had no cars at all, anywhere, and you've also had no cars in Europe. You've obviously a problem with George for some reason but you've equally had technical problems. Lots of CPO sites seem to have the problem, tezz.la has been dead for some time, lots of dead car listings on others. There are only 2 shows in town, that's yours and tesla-info and you both do different things - choice is good

About a week ago Tesla significantly changed their access policies, and without warning, yes, it's possible that a few times that there were some brief data outages while we all responded to the changes. Tesla doesn't send us release notes. But all systems have been operating normally for a few days now.

The issue with George is that I have (repeatedly) have asked him to check his "facts" before posting derogatory comments about EV-CPO (which is all he seems or wants to do), so he looks for any and every opportunity to do so, even when his facts are wrong.

And I've posted many times before, I am not arguing that 'choice is bad '. As a true-blooded capitalist, I believe competition is good and necessary. So I do believe that choice is good...but the other choices are, well, not as good.

Last edited:
And I've posted many times before, I am not arguing that 'choice is bad '. As a true-blooded capitalist, I believe competition is good and necessary. So I do believe that choice is good...but the other choices are, well, not as good.

You are having a laugh aren't you

You don't support mobile devices, you don't list 3rd party listings, you don't offer your services for free and you don't have as many Tesla cars and you have crazy excuses for each... "nobody uses my site using a mobile"... of course not, it doesn't render properly, "I charge because massive investment companies steal my valuable data" as if charging a few dollars a month is going to stop them taking it if it was worth that much, and not listing hidden stock because "they're not really cars for sale"

You are aggressive to people recommending other sites because you know yours is NOT as good

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
You don't support mobile devices,

I never said "I don't support mobile'. The site actually works pretty well on mobile in landscape mode, but it is admittedly not the optimal experience. Garey who built Tezz.la actually helped me fix several issues to improve the mobile experience and address the issues causing the biggest problems on mobile, and I thank him for that. Is it as good on mobile as his site? No. But that doesn't mean that I "don't support mobile."

. "nobody uses my site using a mobile"...

I never said that. I may have said that a majority of users are desktop users, as shown here, today, from Google Analytics:

upload_2020-1-27_10-3-53.png

you don't list 3rd party listings,

So? That's not the mission or purpose of EV-CPO and it's clearly stated on the site. Neither do Tezz.la, teslastats, teslahunt, teslacpo,io, teslascout, teslainventory.com (closed) teslahunt (dead), teslalisting (dead) or every other Tesla inventory consolidator, except for tesla-info.

you don't offer your services for free

Yes, I do. I have thousands of users who use the site everyday, for free. There's only a subscription if you want to save multiple configurations and receive INSTANT email or SMS alerts for cars that fit multiple criteria on any option available. No other site offers that, even for free.

and you don't have as many Tesla cars

Every car listed on Tesla's website is listed on EV-CPO.

" as if charging a few dollars a month is going to stop them taking it if it was worth that much,

You have no idea what you're talking about. In fact "charging a few dollars" has stopped these firms from repeatedly abusing the two-week free trial. In one instance, the same person signed up for 25 different accounts to get the free trial every two weeks and downloaded the same historical dataset each time. Once I removed those fields and options from the free trial, the abuse stopped, and no, they didn't ever pay for a subscription. I put a significant amount of time into the site each week (more than you or anyone can imagine), and now that the referral program is all but dead, the subscriptions help support that effort and keep it going. The information that I provide, especially the historical data going back five years and over 100,000 records, is not available anywhere else, and is certainly worth a premium to access.

and not listing hidden stock because "they're not really cars for sale"

Because it's true for many of those listings.

You are aggressive to people recommending other sites because you know yours is NOT as good

Again, this is where you are way off base. I just posted above that I welcome the competition. It's a necessary part of capitalism. EV-CPO would not be what it is today without it. If other sites were better, they would be attracting more traffic and users, which they are not. Tezz.la which offers a better mobile experience is great, except that it's been dead for several weeks now. So great interface or not, without the data, it's not going to build or maintain a user base.

And just to prove this point, here are the Global and U.S. Site Rank metrics from Similarweb.com:

EV-CPO: Global: 798,096 US: 150,326
teslastats: Global: 832,608 US: 314,198**
teslacpo: Global: 1,067,731 US: 189,822
tesla-info: Global: 1,622,040 US: 854,026
teslascout: Global: 882,546 US: Not Ranked
teslainventory : Global: 3,638,000 US: 907,945 (their site has been inactive for a year, it was significantly higher when operative).
tezz.la: Global: 4,802,500 US: 1,215,000 (relatively new site, so understandably lower ranking)

**The ranking for teslastats.no is for his entire EV stats website. The teslainventory subdomain has no ranking on similarweb.com see: https://www.similarweb.com/website/teslainventory.teslastats.no)

Finally, I am not aggressive to people who recommend other sites. But I will defend any and all misinformation and untruths posted about EV-CPO every single time. I never respond to anyone simply recommending another site (see my comments about competition above), but I will defend when people post derogatory and incorrect information about EV-CPO without checking their facts, first.

Last edited:
Currently.. MX NEW inventory in UK as per title of this thread..

EV-CPO: has 10 (and screen shot to show)
7B72CB62-0493-444E-9C79-7D72EC218AF2.jpeg

teslastats have 44 of which most seem to be sold when clicking on the link)
teslacpo don’t cover uk
tesla-info: has 17
teslascout: has none
teslainventory : has none
tezz.la: don’t cover the uk

Make your own mind up how relevant that list is and who offers the best results.