Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We get no smart summon and NoA doesn't change lanes automatically. Depends whether that matters to you (personally I don't want either until the software is a lot better than it is currently).

Treat FSD as a driver aid for motorways, and don't think of it as 'full self driving' at all, because it isn't (and may never be depending on who you ask) and you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: scohtay
Auto park
Change lanes in motorways without having to turn off Autopilot,
Navigate on Autopilot.

It is true that it is hard to justfy the price in its current form except as a degree of future proofing. OTOH it must be a pain to have to turn off AP every time you want to change lanes...

Auto park
Navigate on Autopilot.

It is true that it is hard to justfy the price in its current form except as a degree of future proofing. OTOH it must be a pain to have to turn off AP every time you want to change lanes...
This X a milion.

Ap lane change makes me almost want my dumb cruise back as an option :-(

and NoA doesn't change lanes automatically.

It does change lanes automatically, what it doesn't do is automatic lane change without confirmation - which is a user selectable option. Personally I'm not ready for unconfirmed lane changes so would stick with current implementation anyway. AP's view and my view of what lane I should be in are sometimes at odds with each other.

Reactions: KennethS
Auto park
Navigate on Autopilot.

Why do you list NoA in the UK as additional to lane change? As far as I can tell, the lane change is the ONLY feature NoA has over and above AutoSteer. Am I missing something?

Why do you list NoA in the UK as additional to lane change? As far as I can tell, the lane change is the ONLY feature NoA has over and above AutoSteer. Am I missing something?
Manual lane change on Autosteer (i.e. on indicate) unavailable without FSD
This is different from lane change on NoA which is requested automatically but must be confirmed before it times out.

I have regular autopilot. The only thing I hanker for is manual lane change by indicating without disabling autosteer. That is regrettably not worth £5800! I wonder if Tesla will eventually unbundle some of the FSD features and sell them individually, it's a very quick way to add profit to the bottom line, surely they'll wise up soon. ;)

Reactions: Avendit
I have regular autopilot. The only thing I hanker for is manual lane change by indicating without disabling autosteer. That is regrettably not worth £5800! I wonder if Tesla will eventually unbundle some of the FSD features and sell them individually, it's a very quick way to add profit to the bottom line, surely they'll wise up soon. ;)
That would be a nice addition actually. I don't have best prat of £6k for the bundle, but £1k to not have to disable, change lane, re-enable? I'd rage buy that half way through a long trip some time....

Every part of me agrees with you, so why is my credit card running scared?

• Funny
Reactions: mpandrew
I don't have FSD. I do have autopilot but hardly use it because.... well frankly it's not very good. Phantom braking, two incidents of unnecessary corrective steering "for my safety" (into oncoming traffic) and other odd quirks means it stays off for now. Fortunately I prefer to take advantage of the other excellent capabilities of the car and just drive it. Sorry, just my experience.

Reactions: busaman and Artiste
NoA with onramps is a bit of a disaster at the moment.. generally it tries to stay on the slip road until it gets too thin to fit a car, panics then aborts.

Off ramps work if the lane doesn't split in two.. if that happens it tries to go for the middle until the dotted lines appear, then swerves onto the right lane at the last minute.

I can only guess that they way ramps work in the US is very different so they've not trained/coded for it.. it'll get fixed, but no idea of the timescale.

Reactions: Cogarch