Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK fuel strike - EV's could show there is an alternative !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One beef over here in the UK is that the average union tanker driver apparently earns £45,000 PA = $72,000 ...

Why are you upset that they have negotiated for higher wages? This gets brought up all the time in the USA. "They make too much for what they do."

Obviously when they don't truck around petrol, things get ugly. I personally think it is great that they make that much. More power to them.

Now my CYA statement. I think Unions are vital. But do they get power hungry? Yes. Do they overstep their bounds? Yes. Do they ask for too much? Yes. But if you replace 'Union' with 'Corporation' you get all the same answers. It isn't perfect but it is better than the alternative.

NOTE: I believe my employment requires me to not support unions, or advocate them, in places where I am doing work. So if you work for a company that I am doing engineering for, I have no opinion on unions.

I'm trying to start a #wakeupfull hashtag going on Twitter. Anyone want to join in?

ApQN-ZQCQAAfBsM.png

L
EG, organise a photo shoot from a motorway bridge over the M45 (or some such) that shows both sides of the motorway devoid of ICE cars, and a dozen EV's driving each direction instead ! ...

This is a brilliant idea. A high overhead shot of the normally full motorway with and identical shot next to it showing that the road fairly empty (like one dreams about when communing) with only cars that are fully electric.

Caption should be subtle. Like "Electric cars are all that's left". Or" Electric cars have the advantage" or "Electric cars have it easy", or "Nothing but electrics left" or "The plugs have it" or a political take: "Only the left's electric's are left" :)

one more title: "Electric Dreams"

I finally succumbed and put some petrol in the car tonight, after managing to do without it for two weeks. It was still at 142p/litre at the supermarket, more than 5p/litre higher than before the strike that wasn't. What thieves.

… I wont be surprised if there's a union strike announced in time for next weeks local elections.

And if so, it would be our opportunity for all TMC / EV / hybrid UK owners to organise an invasion of the M40 and carry out the original idea of photo-shoot from a motorway bridge showing both sides of the motorway devoid of ICE cars and dozens EV's driving each direction - just to highlight the fact there is an alternative to being reamed by the oil companies and government. Then give it to the Dailymail :biggrin:

Maybe feed them the fact that a £6.50 gallon of petrol provides either 30 miles in an ICE car, or about 400 miles worth of electricity...

Following which we can all converge on the services at Junction 8 on the M40 for more photos showing a queue forming behind the single Ecotricity charge point !