Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Gigafactory Inbound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon was in the UK on Wednesday apparently to view the former British Aerospace site in Somerset. His aircraft was on the ground for 19 hours at Luton. It’s a 650 acre site. It’s 15 miles from the nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C. It appears no one has told Elon car manufacturing in the U.K. is dead.

Reactions: Roy W. and CMc1
Elon was in the UK on Wednesday apparently to view the former British Aerospace site in Somerset. His aircraft was on the ground for 19 hours at Luton. It’s a 650 acre site. It’s 15 miles from the nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C. It appears no one has told Elon car manufacturing in the U.K. is dead.
Source? Love to be true, but think it’s speculation between Giga Rumours last week and his flight this week. Nothing to confirm he visited that area.

Not sure why he didn’t land closer if viewing in Somerset. 3 hour drive each way.

My money on his flight was to do with further collaborations with Octopus Energy.

Annual Share holders meeting next week? So hopefully get an insight then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Miserable
I don’t even think he flew over the site for a birds eye view

A07AC220-DB31-4855-B3AC-D2F90CB414AD.jpeg
7488D24D-7DD9-4A89-B254-D3D78A6A8295.jpeg

Source? Love to be true, but think it’s speculation between Giga Rumours last week and his flight this week. Nothing to confirm he visited that area.

Not sure why he didn’t land closer if viewing in Somerset. 3 hour drive each way.

My money on his flight was to do with further collaborations with Octopus Energy.

Annual Share holders meeting next week? So hopefully get an insight then.
The Times solid enough for you? (Paywall)

Elon Musk ‘considers Bristol for new Tesla factory’ | News | The Times

Bristol hey!

Just like the China built M3 with a badge on it saying it's built in china, If it was built in Bristol have a "Gurt lush" badge!! :D

Bristol would be a great shout. Hundreds if not thousands of designers and engineers made redundant or otherwise re-purposed at Dyson just up the road due to their canned EV project (and all their employees live in Bristol anyway). Plus Bristol's heritage in engineering is why it's home to major sites for Airbus, Boeing, Rolls Royce and the MOD along with a whole host of hidden/unknown R&D centres. Even Toshiba have an R&D lab here developing tech for smart cities, swarm robotics and 5G. University of Bristol are also currently building a new £500mil enterprise campus.

I'm obviously bias - although they're not my industries at all - but yeah, there's a lot of talent, creativity and innovation here.

Bristol would be a great shout. Hundreds if not thousands of designers and engineers made redundant or otherwise re-purposed at Dyson just up the road due to their canned EV project (and all their employees live in Bristol anyway). Plus Bristol's heritage in engineering is why it's home to major sites for Airbus, Boeing, Rolls Royce and the MOD along with a whole host of hidden/unknown R&D centres. Even Toshiba have an R&D lab here developing tech for smart cities, swarm robotics and 5G. University of Bristol are also currently building a new £500mil enterprise campus.

I'm obviously bias - although they're not my industries at all - but yeah, there's a lot of talent, creativity and innovation here.
From a shipping point of view they could use the Bristol docks also .... I’d prefer the midlands personally but the global nature of Tesla means it makes more sense for it to be near to some well established docks

Don't forget the great night clubs! Elon likes great night clubs. Although I'm past the night life stage.

• Funny
Reactions: John_L