Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Grid Export Limiting Device for Powerwall with Gateway and Solars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, we have a Powerwall and backup Gateway 2. This is set to not export to the grid. If we were to add solar panels (10Kw) to the gateway would they also be effectively prevented from exporting to the grid?

Hi, we have a Powerwall and backup Gateway 2. This is set to not export to the grid. If we were to add solar panels (10Kw) to the gateway would they also be effectively prevented from exporting to the grid?
Sound like you are prevented from sending power from the Powerwall to the grid because of lack of solar. If it is like most setups here in the US if add solar panels this changes. The solar first powers your home, then refills you Powerwalls, and once the powerwalls are full sends power to the grid.

This is just a general pattern. There are settings that let you alter this behavior.

Sound like you are prevented from sending power from the Powerwall to the grid because of lack of solar. If it is like most setups here in the US if add solar panels this changes. The solar first powers your home, then refills you Powerwalls, and once the powerwalls are full sends power to the grid.

This is just a general pattern. There are settings that let you alter this behavior.
Thanks👍 Can this export be limited to say max 5kw? My DNO will not allow any more. Appreciate Powerwall Gateway 2 is G99 certified limiting device, do I need my installer to set this or is it something I can do?

Thanks👍 Can this export be limited to say max 5kw? My DNO will not allow any more. Appreciate Powerwall Gateway 2 is G99 certified limiting device, do I need my installer to set this or is it something I can do?
I suspect your installer would deal with this. It is definitely something you should discuss with them.

Also, sorry to hear there is a limit.