Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] HAVE YOUR SAY! - Government Electric vehicle charging market study

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
One of the surprising respondents was DCC (that lot behind the 'success' of smart metering) It's more of a pitch in reality.
These are the last people I would want involved especially if you live in the large swathe of England where you cannot fit a smart meter because of DCC's technical limitations.
Also of interest is Fastned's pitch where they offer centrally controlled throttling of the power supplied to the chargers. I did suspect that DNOs probably would want the ability to do this but I didn't think it would be openly offered by chargepoint operators.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC