Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a reason I can't think off that there is only a start time for charging and no stop time? I assume USA also has similar electricity tariffs with off peak cheap rates. Would make life simpler, I'm pretty sure most EV owners have moved to a tariff where they can optomise costs.

My previous car (Ampera) which is a US car badged from a GM Volt had the most complicated charging shedules known to man.
You had numerous schedule choices to set times from depending on start times, stop times, peak rate, Mid peak rate, Off peak rate, Summer, Winter, weekday, weekend etc, etc. page 75 onwards from the freely available manual for those who have time to kill.

I never fully understood it but did get it working to charge using the stop time only. :p

• Informative
Reactions: OttoR
I’m about to go for a longer drive but after a short drive and looking at the visuals while parked I see positives with the new UI/UX and I’m not unhappy to have taken the update. It’s time for the next step in the Beta test program we’re on.

Back in the day I was initially not happy with my BBC Micro as it wasn’t as intuitive as the Acorn Atom it replaced. I persevered and soon realised it was a better machine and ever since I’ve tried to not make snap judgements on new interfaces which don’t seem like progress. :)
OMG a step back to the 1980’s when 5 1/4 discs were king, 32K of RAM was enormous and software loaded from cassette ...well, most of the time:p

Reactions: OttoR
Santa mode got much better though! Now with santas' slay & reindeers when driving and other cars are shown as reindeers!
The normal visualisations (car) on a motorway seem better with all lanes shown and cars coming from behind appear slightly earlier.
The dotted lines are shown along with arrows into side roads.
Less space for Spotify now though... but when its fully on screen you do get directions shown on the visualization area...
I'm not sure about the light task bar area... Maybe be two steps forward and one step back...

Not sure if I missed this in a recent update but I’ve just found on the motorway that a slight indicator use turns off the autopilot (but not TACC) to allow you to change lanes without fighting the steering wheel to turn it off - previously I found I needed to use a full indicator movement. I’m happy with this improvement - apologies if it’s been there for a while and I missed it.

Otherwise, although the speed is now in a smaller font it does seem as easy to read for me as it’s slightly closer to your line of sight.

Installed! Weirdly my release notes show .25 rather than the actual .26 installed, more evidence of the rushed nature of the update I guess.

Not driven yet so I'll reserve judgement on the UI changes, but I'm very disappointed by the persisting lack of ability to just tell the damn car to charge only in Economy 7 times.

Don't care about games and with no PWS it's a very meh update.

It is annoying to be releasing so much fluff when TACC and auto main beam are still so lacking. Tesla have to get the basics right surely!

Arghh.....My car downloaded 48.26 last night. I have not allowed it to be installed yet. Wonder if there is a concensus of opinion on the UI layout. Can we set up a poll here? simple Yes/No would suffice.
The UI layout depends on personal preference. If 99% say they hate it you may find yourself in the 1% who likes it. UX and UI engineers have spent time evolving the UI, it's been changed for a reason, some people will like it and some won't. The update is more than a UI change. There's the other features but I imagine an array of bug fixes in there too. Although Elon has said he's looking in to making the UI configurable, it's almost certain that it won't go back to how it was before.

Reactions: pow216
I don’t get this update, it improves nothing as far as I can make out. I will skip the terrible UI changes, hoping they fix this bodge.

I was really hoping for charging times to be sorted out, but it seems this got left to the two week intern again. You can still set the start charge time as before, or you can set the end charge time via the scheduled departure menu. But you can’t do both.

I presume departure time works now by charging to the end of cheap electricity, and then it will start to draw electricity again for preheating ahead of the scheduled departure time? But I still can’t set the start charge time, I have to work out how much battery I have and how long it will take to charge that within the window of my cheap electricity period.

I suppose this is the same as setting the start charge time and hoping it finishes before electricity price goes up. But it is surely not beyond the wit of man to simply add a charge window. It’s just so simple and something people have been requesting for years!

Clearly the only thing being focused on is FSD, but it’s starting to be to the detriment of everything else (except equally pointless games).

The UI would make some more sense on a LHD vehicle, then the speed would be top left and the autopilot, TACC limit and roadsign would be to the left of the speed and smaller.
My feeling is that it's a design that doesn't translate well to being RHD, as we are programmed to read left to right.

• Love
Reactions: moj66
Not sure if I missed this in a recent update but I’ve just found on the motorway that a slight indicator use turns off the autopilot (but not TACC) to allow you to change lanes without fighting the steering wheel to turn it off - previously I found I needed to use a full indicator movement. I’m happy with this improvement - apologies if it’s been there for a while and I missed it.

This isn't new. It's been like that for at least the last 6 months or so.

• Informative
Reactions: Doudeau
OMG a step back to the 1980’s when 5 1/4 discs were king, 32K of RAM was enormous and software loaded from cassette ...well, most of the time:p

I was an Archimedes kid

Crikey ... those were exotic machines compared with my ZX81 with 1k RAM and a flaky cassette tape for storage. You could get a 16k RAM add-on with a wobbly connection ... this enabled you to spend an entire afternoon typing lines of code in BASIC, then *wobble* *blink* ... all gone, start again! [I'm clearly going for the most off topic post I can manage in this thread.]

First drive on the new update and have to say I really like the new UI. I find it much clearer and love the position of the speedo.

Also love the addition of the navigation directions on screen if the map is obscured.

Nice graphical improvements to the traffic lights but it doesn't seem to be picking up the colours of the lights on most.

Crikey ... those were exotic machines compared with my ZX81 with 1k RAM and a flaky cassette tape for storage. You could get a 16k RAM add-on with a wobbly connection ... this enabled you to spend an entire afternoon typing lines of code in BASIC, then *wobble* *blink* ... all gone, start again! [I'm clearly going for the most off topic post I can manage in this thread.]

With a Commodore 64 cassette loader I could while away hours trying to load a game...

Reactions: Adopado and Dilly
No issue with the changes.

I always have the current trip kWh card displayed which previously obscured the rear camera icon. Now it's on the menu bar below, that's much better (especially when towing a trailer).

The cleaner LH top area, repositioning/resizing of current speed etc are all OK

Seeing Nav directions when other menu items cover the map is useful.

I never set charging from the car or app (Zappi preferred), the T logo was unnecessary on the main screen & although I only have Autopilot, the larger visualisation area is clearly intended for eventual FSD updates so that makes complete sense.

No interest in games, Karaoke etc

Reactions: Doudeau and moj66
Not liking the new screen layout, I now have a huge white largely blank (except for the irritatingly large, distracting proximity indicators) space staring at me and a significantly smaller map area. And why a smaller font for your speed? Bring on adjustable section sizes.

I do like the supercharger markers now showing the number of available chargers. But when will we be able to see non Tesla chargers on the map?

New games and farting options are of zero interest to me. I’d like tesla to focus on improving the dreadful wipers and making the adaptive cruise smoother and less prone to sudden braking.