Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine needed a re-boot but all working now
Thanks, did a brake pedal reboot immediately after installing the update, will try another tomorrow.

Also getting this error but not sure if related to the update, seems intermittent but not noticed it before today.

Have raised a service request.

Screenshot_20201228-151009_Tesla.jpg

I like the new update but I really want PWS as a while back had a, fortunately, close(ish) call with some one partially sighted. I would happily buy the Tesla speaker just to have the confidence it was there. As long as I can disable it for a trip, say when returning home late at night. All the boom box stuff is fun but it’s the pure practical and peace of mind aspect I want it for

Currently there's no way to disable PWS and that will be one of the things they'll have to fix before July when it starts being used in Europe, as the ability to disable is required.

It doesn't entirely work anyway.. only after boot. The hope is if you leave it there through sufficient upgrades the relevant speaker bits will be installed by the detection phase of the installer.. but we're guessing so it's really something you only do if you're into tinkering to see what happens.

Does anyone know if it’s still going to be just part of FSD and thus seeing everyone off who’s not FSD?

I think EM's comment about it being FSD only related to the HW3/FSD computer rather than the FSD option.

There is nothing like an ambiguous comment that creates FUD to drive people to want more.

Take the recent fire and 1/2 fire comment from EM. Half the forum thinks there is a second half of the holiday update still coming, the other half just thinks its half baked if you don't have an external speaker.

I think EM's comment about it being FSD only related to the HW3/FSD computer rather than the FSD option.

There is nothing like an ambiguous comment that creates FUD to drive people to want more.

Take the recent fire and 1/2 fire comment from EM. Half the forum thinks there is a second half of the holiday update still coming, the other half just thinks its half baked if you don't have an external speaker.
Brilliant move; find something that you didn’t know you hadn’t got, create something that won’t work without it, withhold access to it and voila, instant demand!

Reactions: *Adam
Don't mind the new UI improvements.

But since installing this update:
  • Summon no longer works
  • Several games stuck on "waiting to update" again
  • I am getting "USB device malfunction - centre console" errors
  • The dash cam USB in glovebox is intermittent
  • Cellular connectivity is also kind of weird now and unreliable.
Perhaps a coincidence but perhaps not...

Tried doing a "reboot" with the two thumb buttons, but no luck. Also tried a factory reset. And a "power down" and wait for >3 minutes.

What's a "brake pedal" reset?

Well I quite like the new UI.

Sadly scheduled departure still won't work for me on Octopus Go. I just set it up and entered the end time for the 5p rate of 04:30. When I plugged in the car it started to charge right away :(

Either they need to allow input of a start charging time or simply aim to finish at approximately 04:30. I prefer the aim to finish approach because:-
a. It's only one piece of data for the user to enter
b. You will always end up fully charged by the end time and you might not with a charging window. I don't care if I'm really low and it starts to charge before 00:30 in order to ensure it's full by 04:30. You could always lower the the charge to % if you're keen on saving every last penny.
c. The later the car finishes charging the warmer the battery likely is by the time I come to use it, reducing the energy needed to precondition.
If you haven't tried yet, go to charge>schedule and scheduled departure go to settings and toggle on both switches for preconditioning and off-peak charging. I had the preconditioning on but off-peak off and Scheduled Departure wouldn't work for be. Toggling both on fixed that

But since installing this update:
  • Summon no longer works
  • Cellular connectivity is also kind of weird now and unreliable.
Perhaps a coincidence but perhaps not...

I've had my car since March and 'Summon' has never worked. Neither, have I ever had any confidence that on a regular basis, my phone will load contacts, display messages or even allow me to answer it when in the car. Using Voice to try and dial a number inevitably ends up with navigation trying to take me to a restaurant in California - a distance of some 5500 miles.

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1 and Cnixon
Looking at the new car visualisation, I thought mine had come up with the wrong wheels; 18” Aeros with the covers off. They are the right wheels, just the wrong colour. They’re too silver. They used to be right. The app still is.
Anyone else found that?

Reactions: OneTinyFish