Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else been logged out of YouTube and unable to log back in again? I've tried reboot, LYE, Wi-Fi, signing in on web browser but never gets to entering the password as Google says the browser isn't secure!

That's not a new issue, I have had this previously and i did get this problem again after the update, but there's an easy fix for it..
Open the web browser and go to "plex.tv" then login with your google account. Once logged in go back to YouTube and you will be logged in there also!

Reactions: 512uk and m3gt2
I think that a lot more will be added to the visualisation screen than we currently get. The car is seeing far more but software crippled until they decide what to display to both AP and the posh people with FSD. I understand FSD will be offered to rent soon so maybe AP will be displaying far more to attract us in to the Full Monty!

Looking at the new car visualisation, I thought mine had come up with the wrong wheels; 18” Aeros with the covers off. They are the right wheels, just the wrong colour. They’re too silver. They used to be right. The app still is.
Anyone else found that?

Its a known fact that the silver ones are much faster than the grey ones!

That's not a new issue, I have had this previously and i did get this problem again after the update, but there's an easy fix for it..
Open the web browser and go to "plex.tv" then login with your google account. Once logged in go back to YouTube and you will be logged in there also!
I've just tried it, again LTE and wifi but it just gets stuck every time :(

Attachments

• 5687A8B3-0B68-41D8-899F-D492D96989FA.jpeg
    5687A8B3-0B68-41D8-899F-D492D96989FA.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 46
I've just been out in mine for the first time since updating, I noticed that speed limit sign recognition seems to have a blind spot for 50mph signs, it failed to recognise a single one - and there were a lot thanks to some roadworks.

I also noticed that the dash cam wasn't available so when I stopped I had a bit of a poke around in the menus and found a message saying that the USB stick had to be re-formatted before it would work again.

No sign of Boombox for me either, but I did have this interesting interaction:

IMG_1312.jpeg

Does make you wonder if a heated steering wheel is on the way for the M3.

• Informative
Reactions: OneTinyFish
That has been available for quite a while, quite possibly ever since the revised voice system. I just assumed that it was a leftover from steering wheel heater on Model S and X. I don't think it is itself an indication of anything imminent even though there are other hints that Model 3 and Y do have steering wheel heater code - again, maybe as innocent as leftover from S and X codebase.

Another new annoyance today:

The curved proximity lines around the car are displayed a lot when driving in the UK. You can be in the middle of a lane and it still thinks you’re too close to the side of the road. Prior to this update, these lines were grey unless you were really close to something and then they went red. Now they start out at yellow, go to orange and then red. This constant flash of a warning colour in the periphery of your vision is super distracting.

Another observation is that the weight of the regen/power line has been changed. It’s not really thin and hard to see whilst driving at a glance.

Final thing, when driving on a motorway with a hard shoulder in the lane next to the hard shoulder, it appears to be showing a space for that hard shoulder on the screen but without actually rendering anything. This has the effect of making the whole car visualisation appear even more off centre to the right. (UK RHD car) I’m not sure if this is being exacerbated by the lack of overall balance but it was quite noticeable.

I've had my car since March and 'Summon' has never worked. Neither, have I ever had any confidence that on a regular basis, my phone will load contacts, display messages or even allow me to answer it when in the car. Using Voice to try and dial a number inevitably ends up with navigation trying to take me to a restaurant in California - a distance of some 5500 miles.

Summon worked fine for me prior this update. It's a little glitchy and sensitive to the car's surroundings. It would often stop a lot, but then I would consider my expectations to be realistic. I've never expected to rely on it every day for driving in and out of a garage, for example. But since the update, in the summon menu on the app it won't even connect to the car any more.

My voice recognition has always been crap though. Really frustrating coming from CarPlay/Siri.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I've just updated. The car section is now way too big. Even if I had FSD (which I think is not going to happen for long, long time, Mr Musk), I don't want to see pretty graphices of what the car thinks it's seeing. It's distracting for one thing, and not really needed for another. I used to think this section was slightly too wide before the update, now it's bloody annoying. I want the ability to move the dividing line.

I've just been out in mine for the first time since updating, I noticed that speed limit sign recognition seems to have a blind spot for 50mph signs, it failed to recognise a single one - and there were a lot thanks to some roadworks.

I also noticed that the dash cam wasn't available so when I stopped I had a bit of a poke around in the menus and found a message saying that the USB stick had to be re-formatted before it would work again.

No sign of Boombox for me either, but I did have this interesting interaction:

View attachment 622056

Does make you wonder if a heated steering wheel is on the way for the M3.
I too have noticed the 50 speed signs being ignored. Been out again today ( for my first supercharging) and again 50 speed signs are an issue the car doesn't seem to recognise them

I see passengers can now some of the games whilst drive is engaged.

Feels a bit irresponsible of Tesla tbh. Yes there is a warning but still. Doesn't even utilise the sensor on the passengers side.

Apart from that update seems ok. Can see people's point about the real estate split, certainly needs to be moveable. Whilst there at it let us move our own shortcut buttons

Have they ever worked for you in the locations that you tested?

Its been a while since I have driven the car to test 50mph signs (and national). When the speed sign recognition first came out, I raised the issue of some 50 and 70mph signs were not being picked up [UK] 2020.36.x. The response came back that speed sign recognition only worked for 'local roads' - the roads that I were testing were dual carriage ways, and slip roads, so accepted that explanation. Over a few releases, I noticed a couple of national signs being recognised, but speed change not actioned - I seem to be an outlier with that. But the 50 and nationals on my test route still not recognised.

I'm just trying to work out if the local roads restriction has subsequently been lifted. I've not noticed it in any release notes.