Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah. Thanks for that. Presume that unless I’m stood beside the car, it won’t come at all. :D
No, it will follow you in the sense that it is a blind dog on a very short leash. It basically won’t work at all if you’re outside touching distance, and obviously because you have to be so close it is incredibly skittish when moving (as it thinks it might hit you)

“Come to me” is actually impressive in the States, as one would expect. It travels some distance at probably 10 times the speed it does in the UK.

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
TeslaFi fleet stats

upload_2021-1-1_10-31-47.png

.26 is such a disappointing mess. The increased size of the car visualisation pane serves to highlight how rubbish the underlying software actually is. The road/lane lines seem to be made of the same material that Wonder Woman's lasso is made of, always snaking and moving and shaking and quivering; it's ridiculous. And now I have the giant always yellow and sometimes red (they used to be grey until they got to red) visualisations *constantly* reminding me that, yes, I am driving in narrow London streets.

Anybody that has driven the car with .26 and thinks "ooh the underlying FSD beta is hidden in there" seems extremely misguided/optimistic. The way those lane lines move is just appalling, the way bins and cars and pedestrians dance and move around... I *never* want the software that is deciding where the car should go, to be basing any decisions on that ridiculous level of uncertainty.

All .26 has done for me, is show how rubbish the current "self driving" software actually is, and has dramatically reduced my confidence in the "self-driving" abilities of the car. It still drives fine (by me), allow me to clarify that.

That’s interesting and one I’ve missed. Does it apply to all models?

I don't KNOW, but I imagine that MS does not close windows. I believe that the feature used to be available for MS from the app but certainly hasn't been there for a while.

I wonder if there was (is?) some problem with MS detecting 'window closed'. MS can crack the windows open but not close from the app. I haven't checked since the holiday changes.

Model Y reports of conflict between 'open' warning and intentional releasing of pressure on glass to reduce risk of damage relating to freezing could be completely separate from erroneous 'windows open' messages effecting MS.

S with FSD got .30 last night. Did I miss it before but now showing arrow road markings? I'd be more impressed if it'd read 'Slow' written on the road and respond to it, though. I did give it a little 'play' today but until it starts to take account of ice patches and look farther ahead at bends I prefer to DIY....

Just back for a short trip out and 50 signs being picked up (and actioned) without problems (on a B road). I'm on 2020.48.30.

View attachment 623119
My understanding is that signs are picked up (in my experience, very well) outside of motorways.

The US got a subsequent update (in November I think...?) thanks to which motorway signs are also picked up, but that latter update hasn’t been extended to Europe yet.

Since getting 48.26 and then 48.30 my passenger side camera doesn't work and Autopilot error message says "cameras not working, may work next time" anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions how to fix?
2021 M3LR picked up 7 Dec. Thanks

Since getting 48.26 and then 48.30 my passenger side camera doesn't work and Autopilot error message says "cameras not working, may work next time" anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions how to fix?
Try a reset. Foot on brake pedal and hold down both scroll buttons until Tesla logo appears (about 40 seconds)
Good idea to do one after each update

Here in Norway a few 2021 cars delivered in December 2020 have had issues with side cameras. Tesla have confirmed its an issue with a batch. And they have a back order on new ones to be replaced on affected cars.
So my guess is that your issue is related to hardware, and that you need to get it replaced.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
I've got this but with the driver's side camera; happened to me after the .44 update. Car currently booked into the service centre to have the camera replaced. Tried the reboot and it completely screwed the car to the point where Tesla had to reapply the update over the air.

Here in Norway a few 2021 cars delivered in December 2020 have had issues with side cameras. Tesla have confirmed its an issue with a batch. And they have a back order on new ones to be replaced on affected cars.
So my guess is that your issue is related to hardware, and that you need to get it replaced.
That would make sense if it had been faulty since start, but it only kicked in after the software updates. Guess I need to book a service call either way:(