Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got this but with the driver's side camera; happened to me after the .44 update. Car currently booked into the service centre to have the camera replaced. Tried the reboot and it completely screwed the car to the point where Tesla had to reapply the update over the air.
Would also add I'm in Sweden, so it's the right hand rear facing camera that's on the blink i.e. same one as yours

Reactions: Twurzel
The car wants us to install .26 - holding out for at least .30

Can it jump the installation and go straight to a fresh download, or do I have to push through this install? I'm not sure if I'll be waiting till the cows come home.
I had .26 downloaded 50% when I killed the cars wifi connection. A couple of days later it now says it’s waiting for wifi to download .30

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger
That has been available for quite a while, quite possibly ever since the revised voice system. I just assumed that it was a leftover from steering wheel heater on Model S and X. I don't think it is itself an indication of anything imminent even though there are other hints that Model 3 and Y do have steering wheel heater code - again, maybe as innocent as leftover from S and X codebase.
right. And there are some quirky little bugs with voice turning on steering wheel heater (for those cars that have it), that need to be ironed out.

Now that you mentioned it, I also sometimes have trouble understanding my friends and relatives in the UK due to accent. Likewise, they don't seem to understand my Southern drawl. :) I'm hoping the car gets better over time. Sometimes it just laughs at what I say.

I should've been more specific - it's not that it doesn't recognise what I say, it's that when I press the button on the steering wheel and talks, it literally picks nothing up. I'd say it only detects speech less than 50% of the time, and when it does, it isn't great at working out what I've said. I don't really have an accent either.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I should've been more specific - it's not that it doesn't recognise what I say, it's that when I press the button on the steering wheel and talks, it literally picks nothing up. I'd say it only detects speech less than 50% of the time, and when it does, it isn't great at working out what I've said. I don't really have an accent either.

I have exactly the same experience. Like it doesn't hear me half the time and when it does hear me it is ridiculously wrong.

I have made hands free phone calls, so I presume the microphone works and it uses the same one. Occasionally the other side has complained of hearing themselves echo back, otherwise no major issues.

I’ve had that happen too. Haven’t been able to determine any common theme to it, but I’ll press the button and speak and it won’t register any speech at all. As far as I can see the car has LTE service at those points too.

Other times it just works as expected.

Reactions: Rustybkts