Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've discovered a couple of things about my car this past few days, maybe related to 48.30, maybe not....

1. It's been plugged in, completely asleep & unused since I updated the software last week but holding the same charge level after four cold nights, only showing a loss of its 'usual' 1% at the end.

As I don't run Teslafi or Teslamate it appears that my 2020 2LR does not suffer from any range loss due to waking up.

(An alternative explanation could be that because it's plugged in it is drawing a minimal top up? This seems unlikely though because the charger wasn't set to offer a charge & neither the Zappi app nor my PV inverter app show any power draw whatsoever during those nights)

2. When I did set a brief charge a couple of nights ago & then again the following night, neither worked. Trying to find out why yesterday morning, it only started to charge after I unplugged, reconnected & set the Zappi timer a few minutes later (just to check). I was then able to top up the car last night as normal. That means that since last week when I stopped a charge from the Tesla app the Zappi cannot overcome this to run a timed charge if the car has remained plugged in.

Don't try to set a timer if the car is still plugged in after a previous charge has been stopped using the car or its app (Zappi specific?)

(car was at 75...74% last week, now charged to 85%, 'slider' always set to 90%)

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr. D
I've discovered a couple of things about my car this past few days, maybe related to 48.30, maybe not....

1. It's been plugged in, completely asleep & unused since I updated the software last week but holding the same charge level after four cold nights, only showing a loss of its 'usual' 1% at the end.

As I don't run Teslafi or Teslamate it appears that my 2020 2LR does not suffer from any range loss due to waking up.

(An alternative explanation could be that because it's plugged in it is drawing a minimal top up? This seems unlikely though because the charger wasn't set to offer a charge & neither the Zappi app nor my PV inverter app show any power draw whatsoever during those nights)

2. When I did set a brief charge a couple of nights ago & then again the following night, neither worked. Trying to find out why yesterday morning, it only started to charge after I unplugged, reconnected & set the Zappi timer a few minutes later (just to check). I was then able to top up the car last night as normal. That means that since last week when I stopped a charge from the Tesla app the Zappi cannot overcome this to run a timed charge if the car has remained plugged in.

Don't try to set a timer if the car is still plugged in after a previous charge has been stopped using the car or its app (Zappi specific?)

(car was at 75...74% last week, now charged to 85%, 'slider' always set to 90%)
If Zappi shows charge complete it won’t start a new charge even if you set the battery slider higher.
If you’ve no schedule set in the car and it’s still plugged in but charge complete, you can start a new charge from the Zappi app by going to stop mode and then to fast or eco.

If Zappi shows charge complete it won’t start a new charge even if you set the battery slider higher.
Yes, I had seen that happen but this issue was a result of me cancelling a Zappi charge via the Tesla app but then leaving the cable plugged in & trying to set another timer a few days later.

If you’ve no schedule set in the car and it’s still plugged in but charge complete, you can start a new charge from the Zappi app by going to stop mode and then to fast or eco.
That's always worked - my mistake was stopping a Zappi charge from the Tesla app whereas in the past I just moved the slider back so the car told the Zappi it was finished.

Yes, I had seen that happen but this issue was a result of me cancelling a Zappi charge via the Tesla app but then leaving the cable plugged in & trying to set another timer a few days later.

That's always worked - my mistake was stopping a Zappi charge from the Tesla app whereas in the past I just moved the slider back so the car told the Zappi it was finished.
I hadn’t tried moving the slider down. I’ll give that a go.

<pedant> TeslaFi or Teslamate (when configured correctly) don't incur any additional range loss when the car does wake up. </pedant>

The difference is that we are able to detect that it has done so, it doesn't mean that we have any more/less consumption as a result of this behaviour than your vehicle. As has been said several times the root cause isn't these tools - but rather something the car or Tesla are doing themselves (likely the former).

The fact that others have confirmed that unplugging the car stops these instances from happening means its highly likely to be the car waking itself up to do some sort of maintenance task (i.e. checking battery pack temps, running pumps to prevent freezing etc.) or dialing home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bernard_S
48.35.5 ???? ( not mine I must add)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-210202_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-210202_Twitter.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 70
I'm getting off this update hamster wheel. Apart from the very first update about two weeks after I received the car last May, the rest have been 'bug fixes' which I can't identify, identical upgrades, game upgrades or this last one which has changed the screen for no apparent reason. I drove in light rain again this morning. The wipers have a mind of their own as does Navigate with AP which just keeps cutting in and out. Overtake might or might not work and I keep getting slow-downs caused by the car thinking the top red rear lights on container lorries about 300 metres ahead are traffic lights. I just turned it all off. The basic car is fine but the software is a mess.

• Disagree
Reactions: LEE3
I keep getting slow-downs caused by the car thinking the top red rear lights on container lorries about 300 metres ahead are traffic lights.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about this. I have noticed the same problem quite frequently given the right traffic conditions. Even in reasonable weather, multiple trucks / lorries with tail lights in certain positions get detected as traffic lights.

The same problem occurs with low level repeaters (common in France for example, but some appearing in UK) which get interpreted as additional full-sized traffic lights in the distance.

OT for this thread, but it makes me contemplate the difference (if any) between putting money into a potential product on Kickstarter vs buying an existing product (even if not officially completed / beta software) from an established business.

I doubt you could get 'finance' or lease a Kickstarter 'purchase'!