Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about this. I have noticed the same problem quite frequently given the right traffic conditions. Even in reasonable weather, multiple trucks / lorries with tail lights in certain positions get detected as traffic lights.

The same problem occurs with low level repeaters (common in France for example, but some appearing in UK) which get interpreted as additional full-sized traffic lights in the distance.

OT for this thread, but it makes me contemplate the difference (if any) between putting money into a potential product on Kickstarter vs buying an existing product (even if not officially completed / beta software) from an established business.

I doubt you could get 'finance' or lease a Kickstarter 'purchase'!
I've never seen that, there was once we were driving behind a trailer full of temporary traffic lights that created an impressive infinite TL spawn effect. I assume the recognition knows that Traffic lights don't move.

81A0EB98-72E4-47C6-9654-3CF0E7DBBBE4.png

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Yep ... 35.5 just installing on mine now

it is saying that the to enable the navigation update I also need to update my navigation ... how do I do that ?

That looks like it could be the previously Chinese only junction functionality is more widely available?

You can only keep a watch out for navigation changes - they are very infrequent (ok we had 3 in 2020 but that was one step forward, one step back, and a tiny shuffle forward) and when they do arrive they often come in below the radar so you don't normally get to see/approve the installation. Just keep a watch for others getting it on here and make sure you are on wifi - they are normally pretty big.

Reactions: Ant M3
That looks like it could be the previously Chinese only junction functionality is more widely available?

You can only keep a watch out for navigation changes - they are very infrequent (ok we had 3 in 2020 but that was one step forward, one step back, and a tiny shuffle forward) and when they do arrive they often come in below the radar so you don't normally get to see/approve the installation. Just keep a watch for others getting it on here and make sure you are on wifi - they are normally pretty big.

Is it worth having a sticky thread headed something like "Latest software updates"? We get new threads and mixed threads from time to time whenever a new version appears.