Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boombox in the toy store sounds interesting, requires external speaker. Can't find any further info yet.
Boombox
39FB587B-AE39-4983-B7CC-4D789F4CD2D7.png

I checked my Feb 2020 SR+ for the external speaker but the space is empty in front of the offside front wheel. Cables are there and I asked Tesla if I can have the speaker. I was fobbed off.

It's going to be a legal requirement for newly registered EVs from July 2021, so they may offer a retrofit after that I guess.

Seems a bit odd not to just fit it right now, but I haven't looked in my refresh M3, so maybe I'm in for a surprise when the update drops.

There’s no chance I’ll be getting a PWS fitted, even if it’s free. Plenty of ICE cars are as loud (which is to say practically inaudible) at low speeds. I don’t need my EV to sound louder than theirs do.

I wouldn't be sure, there are discussions going on about making it a legal requirement for all EVs eventually, not just new ones. If that happens it'll be an MOT failure at the very least.

I expect there will be exemptions for vehicles where it's not practical or possible due to their age (same as seatbelts), but I doubt that will apply to the M3 of any age.